- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Research on Deployment Strategy of Public Key Infrastructure for Developing Country: Focused on Malawi
개도국의 공개키기반구조 도입 전략에 관한 연구: 말라위를 중심으로
- Kim, Hyunsung (Dept. of Cyber Security, Kyungil University) ;
- Choi, Hae-Won (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Kyungwoon University)
- Received : 2016.09.26
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
The purpose of this paper is to plan deployment strategy of public key infrastructure for Malawi by considering the information and communication technology status on it. For this, we will review the information communication technology status on developing and least developed countries focused on Malawi and plan deployment strategy of mobile based public key infrastructure. First of all, we extract out security considerations for public key infrastructure, which is efficient for wireless communication, and design a new lightweight public key infrastructure apt to mobile device by considering Malawi's information communication technology status. Especially, the proposed mobile based public key infrastructure uses smartcards for all the processes of certificate. It could guarantee the same security as the wired counter part based on lightweight mobile device.
Public key infrastructure;Information security;Wireless communication security;Public key;Mobile government
Supported by : 경일대학교
- Etoday, "The last Blue Ocean Africa-Poor Country Ethiopia, Uganda, Buds of hope", (2011).
- G.-Y. Jin, Y.-S. Jeong, S.-S. Shin, "Designing and Implementing a PKI-based Safety Protocol for Electronic Medical Record Systems", Journal of Digital Convergence, (2012), Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 243-250.
- D.-R. Kim, "Secure One-Time Password Authentication in Mobile Environments", The Journal of digital policy & management, (2013), Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 423-430.
- J. Hong, "The Transmission Performance Analysis and Security Policy in Tactical Communication Environment," The Journal of digital policy & management, (2013), Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 303-309.
- National Internet Development Agency of Korea, "In-depth knowledge of the information security industry analysis reports-World Knowledge Information Security Industry Comparison", (2012).
- D.-H. Ko, Y.-A. Won, "A Study of Effect on Media Exposure and Cybercrime Perception", Journal of Digital Convergence, (2016), Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 67-75. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.67
- S.-H. Sim, Korea Information Certification, "Keep your precious money from hacking Fifth Commandment", NewsTown, (2014).
- F. Makoza, "The Level of e-Government Implementation: Case of Malawi, Electronic Journal of e-Government", (2013), Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 268-279,
- FinMark Trust, "Access to Finance in Malawi, FinScope Consumer Survey Malawi", (2014).
- M.-W. Lee, M.-J. Oh, S.-C. Kim, "Effects of IT Resources on the Work Efficiency and Corporate Performance in The Mobile Smart-Work Environment", Journal of Digital Convergence, (2016), Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 165-176.
- C.-M. Choi, H.-S. Yang, "The effect of E-commerce's curation characteristics on the customer purchase intention-Focusing on the mediating effect", Journal of Digital Convergence, (2016), Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 185-195.
- S.-H. Ju, "Analysis on Structure of National Innovation System in IT", Journal of Digital Convergence, (2016), Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 129-138.
- M. Nergui, D. Kim, "Establishing the Infrastructure for e-Commerce Advancement in Developing Country : Focusing on a Mongolian Case, Journal of Society for e-Business Studies", (2009), Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 255-266.
- S.-S. Jang, "FinTech study on the impact of the Information Security Industry", Internet & Security Focus, (2015), pp. 4-32.
- W.-S. Kim, "Certificates are national critical infrastructure", Security.Com, (2013).
- E. E. Enaw, N. Check, "Public Key Infrastructure Deployment in Cameroon's Public Administration", Proc. of EGOSE'14, (2014), pp. 26-29.
- E. Stiakakis, C. K. Georgiadis, "Building a Measurement Framework for m-Government Services", International Journal of Information Systems and Social Changes, (2012), Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 18-37. https://doi.org/10.4018/jissc.2012100102
- O. M. Olanrewaju, "Mobile Government Framework - A Step Towards Implementation of Mobile Government in Nigeria", International Journal of Information Science, (2013), Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 89-99.
- S. Ada, I. M. Sirajul, "E-service research trends in the domain of e-Government-A Contemporary Study", International Journal of e-Service ad Mobile Applications, (2011), Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 39-59.
- J. E. Mtingwi, "Mobile Government Readiness in Africa: The Case of Malawi", MSc. Thesis, University of Cape Town, (2012).
- Informata, "Mobilizing public services in Africa: The m-government challenge", (2011), Informa UK Ltd.
- UNCTAD, "The Least Developed Countries Report 2013:Growth with Employment for Inclusive and Sustainable Development", (2013).
- World Health Organization Malawi, "Growth of the ICT telecoms sector in Malawi", (2016).
- J. E. Mtingwi, J. P. VanBelle, "The State of E-Government and M-Government Readiness in Malawi", International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science, (2012), Vol. 6, pp. 58-68.
- M.-G. Choi, K.-H. Chung, "The Study on the Structural Relationship for Improving Convergency Mobile Public Service : Focused on Mobile App of Integrated Electronic Tax Bill ", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, (2015), Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 275-285. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.275
- H. Lee, O. Na, S. Sung, H. Chang, "A Design on Security Governance Framework for Industry Convergence Environment ", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, (2015), Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 33-40.
- W. Shanks, "Building and managing a PKI solution for small and medium size business", The SANS Institute, (2013).