- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Meta-Analysis on the Effect of School Violence Intervention Program
학교폭력 예방 프로그램의 효과에 대한 메타분석
- Kim, Kyung-Hee (Dept. of Early Childhood Education, Dongshin University)
- 김경희 (동신대학교 유아교육학과)
- Received : 2016.08.04
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
The purpose of this study was using a meta-analysis to estimate effect size of school violence prevention program. Using an objective and systematic method, meta-analysis has advantages that prove intervention's amount and direction. Meta-analysis facilitates comprehensive analysis. Through the data collection, 33studies were selected and 129 effect size were calculated as analysis objects. The overall effect size of school violence prevention program was 0.624. In the human characteristic, the affective domain had the largest effect size. Next were the physical domain, cognitive domain, the social domain and the complex domain. Analysis on age of participant, high grade elementary students group had the largest effect size. Next were the high school students, middle school students and the lower grade elementary students group. Analysis on intervention periods, tertiary prevention had a largest effect size. Next were secondary prevention and primary prevention. Based on the findings, implications for future study were discussed.
School violence;School violence prevention program;Prevention;Intervention;Prevention stage;Meta-analysis
- Y. K. Han, H. S. Lee, S. S. Kim & Y. H. Lee. "An Analysis of Mobility of Experiencing School Violence and the Influential Factors, Asia Pacific Education Review", Vol.17, No.1, pp.145-168, 2016.
- A. H. Tak. "The effect ot the school violence prevention program on the reduction of aggression among elementary school 4th graders", Hanyang University, 2012.
- T. J. Choi, S. H. Huh, S. M. Park & H. Y. Lee. "Analysis of Patterns and Process of Elementary School Violence, Korea Counseling Association", Vol. 7, No.2, pp.613-632, 2006.
- C. H. Kim. "A Study on Condition of In-School Violence and Its Counter-Measures". Dongguk University, 2004.
- M. K. Seo. "The effect of the school violence prevention program in middle schools", Sungsan Hyo University, 2007.
- Olweus. D. "Bullying at school: basic facts and effects of a school based intervention program. Journal of child psychology and psychiatry", Vol.35, No.7, pp.1171-1190, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-7610.1994.tb01229.x
- Y. M. Park. "Development of a School Violence Prevention Program for Elementary School Students in the Lower Grades Using Picture Books". Korea National Graduate School of Education, 2013.
- J. W Lee & K. H Kang. "Study about the relationship between self-esteem, depression and stress of students according to school system, The Korea Convergence Society", Vol. 5, No.4, pp.69-74, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.069
- Crick, N. R., & Grotpeter, J. K. "Relational aggression, gender, and social-psychological adjustment. Child development", pp.710-722, 1995.
- Natvig, G. R., Albrektsen, G. & Qvarnstrom, U. "School-Related Stress Experience as a Risk Factor for Bullying Behavior, Journal of Youth and Adolescence", Vol.30, No.5, pp.561-575, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1010448604838
- J. A. Song & Y. H. Kim. "Primary Study of Developing Program for Adolescents' Psychological & Behavioral Adaptation to School Violence(I), Korea Home Management Association", Vol.19, No.6, pp.35-50.
- H. W. Kim. "A Structural Equation Model Analysis on Relationships among Peer Rejection, Peer Victimization, Psychological Health, School Attitudes, and School Adjustment, Korean Association of Youth Welfare" Vol. 13, No.2, pp.173-198, 2011.
- H. K. Lee, K. E. Jung & Y. S. Lim. "Mediating Effect of Coping Strategy of Seeks Social Support and Bullying Appraisal in the Relationship between the Experience of Bully and School Adjustment, Korea Institute of Youth Facility and Environment", Vol.5, No.4, pp.43-54, 2007.
- Herrenkohl, T. I., Maguin, E., Hill, K. G., Hawkins, J. D., Abbott, R. E., & Catalano, R. F. "Developmental Risk Factors for Youth Violence, Journal of adolescent Health", Vol.26, pp.176-186, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1054-139X(99)00065-8
- Olweus. D. "Bullying at school: What We Know and What We Can Do" NY: Wiley, 1993.
- E. H. Lee, S. J. Gong & J. S. Lee. "Relationships Among Socio-Environmental School Violence Risk Factors, Protective Factors and Bullying at School, Korea Journal of Counseling and Pychotherapy", Vol.16, pp.123-145, 2004.
- Karatzias, K. G., Power, K. G., & Swanson, V. "Bullying and victimization in Scottish secondary schools: Same or separate entities? Aggressive Behavior", Vol.28, pp45-61, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/ab.90005
- C. H. Yoon, S. G. Park & I. S. Shin. "A Meta-Analysis of the Effects of School Violence Prevention Programs in Korea, Asia Pacific Education Review", Vol.15, No.1, pp.189-215, 2014.
- S. J. Moon. "A Study on the Effect of REBT Oriented Offender-Centered High School Violence Prevention Program", Chung-Ang University.
- S. K. Han. "A Study of the School Violence Prevention Program Effect on Anger-Control and Self-Esteem of Vocational High School Students", Dong-A University, 2007.
- S. Y. Kim, J. H. Kim & K. Y. Lee. "The relationships of Parenting Behavior Perceived Adolescents, Aggression, Self-control and Self-esteem and Delinquency of Adolescents. Korea Counseling Association", Vol. 5, no.3, pp.711-723, 2004.
- Olweus. D. "Bully/victim problems in school: Facts and intervention, European Journal of Psychology of Education" Vol.12, No.4, pp.495-510, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03172807
- D. H. Jang. "The study on dual-experienced character and factor of school violence in the youth, Korea Youth Research Association", Vol. 14, No.6, pp.69-97, 2007.
- Austin, S., & Joseph, S. "Assessment of bully/victim problem in 8 to 11 year olds. British Journal of Educational Psychology" Vol.66, pp.447-456, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8279.1996.tb01211.x
- Y. M. Yom. "The Development of the Group Counseling Program Applying Meditation for Adolescents with School Violence Assault", Sookmyung Women's University, 2012.
- M. H. Yoon & S. H. Kim. "The Mediating Effects of Self-perceived Competence on the Relationship between Covert Narcissism and Dysfuntional Anger Expression of Middle School Students, The Society of Digital Policy and Management", Vol.14, No.5, pp.541-551, 2016.
- J. J. Choi. "A Study on Effectiveness of Bullies Group Work Program", Kkotongnae Hyundo University, 2007.
- Hawkins, J. D., Herrenkohl, T., Farrington, D. P., Brewer, D., Catalano, R. F., & Harachi, T. W. "A review of predictors of youth violence" 1998.
- H. J. Kim. "The development of school-violence prevention program and analysis of its effects". Chonnam National University, 2002.
- J. H. Jung. "The Study of the Effectiveness Analysis of School Based School Violence Prevention Programs", Hanyang University, 2009.
- J. Y. Kim & J. S. Jung. "The effect of a group counseling program for the prevention of recurrent school violence behavior among middle school students, Korea Youth Research Association", Vol. 18, No.8, pp.141-159, 2011.
- Y. T. Jung, J. A. Oh & Y. J. Lee. "The study on factors affecting committing behavior school violence according to the degree of Internet addiction, The Society of Digital Policy and Management", Vol.10, No.1, pp.77-86, 2012.
- S. H. Kim. "The Developmental and Contextual Analysis on School Violence, Korea Educational Psychology Association". Vol. 20, No.4. pp.1027-1042, 2006.
- G. N. Park, H. G. Yoo & Y. S. Cho. "The Development of a Group Counseling Program to Reduce School Violence Potentiality of a Specialized High School Students, Korean journal of counseling", Vol. 15, No.1, pp.459-477, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.15.1.201402.459
- J .M. Kim & J. K Moon. "Design and Implementation of Safe-Guard for Elementary School Student, The Korea Convergence Society", Vol. 4, No.2, pp.29-33, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2013.4.2.029
- K. H. Kim. "Research in counseling psychology". Seoul: hakjisa. 2000.
- M. K. Kang. "The Effects of Empathy Training Program with Mindfulness Breathing Meditation on Empathy ability and Self-Regulation of Adolescents with School Violence Assault". Kangwon University, 2016.
- S. M. Lee & S. Soon. "An effect of the group art-therapy on abused children's depression, anxiety, self image : Children's Art Therapy Department of complex convergence perspective, The Society of Digital Policy and Management", Vol.13, No.12, pp.291-301, 2015.
- M. H. Han. "The Effects of Group Art Therapy Program on Self-Esteem and Adaptation of School Life of Elementary School Children for the Prevention of School Violence, Korean Arts Psychotherapy Association", Vol.9, No.3, pp.293-314.
- J. Seo, H. G. Yoo & S. Y. Kwon. "Development of Conflict-resolution-oriented School Violence Prevent program Using Role Play for Lower Grade in Elementary School, The Korean journal of child education", Vol.19, No,1, pp.197-213, 2010.
- J. E. Sung & S. J. Kim. "The effects of the school violence prevention program on school violence attitudes, anger and school adjustment resilience in middle school students, Journal of the Korean data analysis society", Vol.16, No.1, pp.537-549, 2014.
- J. Y. Yoon & D. Y. Kim. "The effect of classroom-based Anti-bullying program, The Korean Society for Applied Development Psychology", Vol.2, No.2, pp.1-21, 2013.
- Park-Higgerson, H., Perumean-Chaney, S. E., Bartolucci, A. A., Grimely, D. M., & Singh K. P. "The evaluation of school-based violence prevention programs: A meta-analysis, Journal of School Health" Vol.78, No.9, pp.465-520, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1746-1561.2008.00332.x
- H. J. Park, M. K. Chung & H. W. Kim. "The Effect of the School Violence Prevention Program at the Elementary School Level, Journal of Korean education", Vol. 37, No.4, pp.47-72, 2010.
- S. D. Hwang. "Meta-Analysis". Seoul: hakjisa. 2014.
- Glass, G. V. "Primary, secondary, and meta-analysis of research, Educational researcher", Vol.5, No.10, pp.3-8, 1976.
- E. S. Choi. "A Meta-analysis of the Variables Related to School Violence, The Korean Family Welfare Association", Vol.10, No.2, pp.95-111, 2005.
- Cohen, J. "Statistical powe ranalysis for the behavioral sciences", New York: Academic Press, 1992.
- Y. N. Lee & E. A. Kim. " Human characteristics and education". Seoul: hakjisa. 2013.
- Hedges, L., & Olkin, I. "Statistical models for meta-analysis", New York: Academic Press. 1985.
- Lipsey, M. W., & Wilson, D. B. "Practical meta-analysis", Thousand Oaks(CA): Sage Publication, 2000.
- Higgins, J. P., & Green, S. (Eds.). "Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions (Vol. 5)" Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell, 2008.
- Korea School Violence Counseling Society. "Theory and practice of school violence", 2015.
- The Foundation for Preventing Youth Violence. "Investigate the trend of Korea School Bullying", 2011.
- M. J. Kim. "Construction of A Predictive Model of Adolescents' School Violent Behavior". Chonnam National University, 2002.
- J. L. Jung. "A study on construction of violence prediction model in adolescents", Yonsei University, 2000.