- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Video and Online Discussion Activities based on Havruta Style in Social Studies Communication Skills
화상·온라인 하브루타 토론활동이 사회과 의사소통능력에 미치는 영향
- Shin, Ho-Jin (Hwasun Osung Elementary School) ;
- Kim, Dae-Myung (Gwangyang Health Sciences University)
- Received : 2016.07.25
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
The current research was to investigate the effects of discussion activities based on Havruta style on elementary school students' social studies communication skills. For this purpose, we examined a comparative study between 5th grade students and other students of partner schools. As research results, first, online classes using video conference equipment and smart devices will enhance the students' interest and participation in class. Second, the Havruta style helps students not only acquire and internalize knowledge by themselves through the course of reciprocal questions and discussions but also improve presentations and participations. Third, it is necessary not only to draft a new lesson plan and to reconstruct the education process for video and online classes but also to develop the classes with a lesson plan after preparations and discussions with colleague teachers; the process of reflection, such as writing a lesson research journal, has a positive effect to improve the quality of cooperative classes. Fourth, using SNS discussion activities to serve as a complementary activity is good, and two teachers can evaluate each of the students' achievement. It is necessary to have a sufficient number of schools where video and online cooperative learning is possible with video equipment provided. To maximize the effect of video and online classes, various studies and teacher trainings are needed. Education office needs to provide a server that enables students in small and large classes to freely engage in cooperative learning.
discussion activities;Havruta style;social studies communication skills;video classes;online classes
- http://www.ezday.co.kr/bbs/view_board.html?q_id_info=204&q_sq_board=7419902, 2016.
- https://story.kakao.com/_jEcqT8/iEdmqxw6U9A, 2016.
- Mi-Young Park, "The Jewish children's education", Seoul, Kookmin Publisher, 2012.
- Jeonnam Office of Education, Jeonnam "Education Plan, Jeonnam Office of Education", 2014.
- S. Y. Joung, H. J. Choi, "The Effect of Online Discussion Activities Based on Israeli's Havruta Style on Discussion Ability and Social Problem-Solving", Vol. 27 No. 1, pp. 39-65, 2015.
- T. S. Jeong, "A study on Convergence School Adjustment and Parameter Validation of the Sense of Community", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 183-188, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.183
- M. S. Oh, "A study on the Effects of Parenting Attitudes on School Adjustment in Middle School Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 197-203, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.197
- H. J. Choi, Soon-Gi Back, "A Study on Depressive disposition by Convergence approach of Leisure History and Family situation in Elderly Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 295-302, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.295
- Y. M. Son, B. S. Jung, "Convergence Development of Video and E-learning System for Education Disabled Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 113-119, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.113
- J. M. Kim, J. K. Moon, "Design and Implementation of Safe-Guard for Elementary School Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 29-33, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2013.4.2.029
- M. S. Yim, "Smart Paradox: An Effect of Mobile Instant Messengers", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 7-13, 2012.
- Kyung-A, Yu, "The effects of cross-cultural video conferencing on improving learners' communicative competence", Master's degree, Yonsei University, 2009.
- Ko-Woon, Yeon, "A Study on the Learning Effects in App-Based And Web-Based Online Debate Conferencing". Doctor's degree, Kwandong University, 2013..
- Young-Sook, Jang, "The Effect of the scientific Process skills and academic achievement in science class Habeuluta discussion of the topic", Master's degree, Busan National University, 2015.
- D. C. Lee, H. S. Jeong, K. Kang, "Quasi Static Fatigue Analysis of Spot Welding Component considering Change of Stiffness", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 21-27, 2013.