- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on Coding Education of Non-Computer Majors for IT Convergence Education
IT 융합교육을 위한 비전공자 코딩교육의 발전방안
- Pi, Su-Young (Dept. of Institute of Liberal Education, Catholic University of Daegu)
- 피수영 (대구가톨릭대학교 교양교육원)
- Received : 2016.08.05
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
Coding education is an effective convergence type educational tool. While solving problems and designing programs, students can enhance problem solving ability, logical reasoning ability and creative thinking. Researches on coding education are done primarily for elementary school and middle school students. However, researches on college students are lacking. Today, educating college students about coding is in dire need. Although there are efforts to promote the importance of coding education and make it requirements. People find it difficult to find ways to provide training. There is a need for researches on coding as universal education. Therefore, this research proposed educational training using app inventor based on flipped running in order to effectively promote coding education. This study conducted the survey and the personal interview to measure the effectiveness of coding education. It is hoped that, through coding education, students who do not major in coding could combined their knowledge of their major with coding to improve their problem solving ability to solve various problems based on computing knowledge and approach.
Convergence Education;Coding Education;Computational Thinking;Flipped Learning;App Inventor
Supported by : 대구가톨릭대학교
- H. S. Yang, I. O. Jeon, "Research on Software Classification System based on an Integrated Software Industry", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 91-99, 2013.
- H. S. Woo, M. R. Yeom, D. Y. Jung, "An Analysis on the UCC Media for STEAM Integrated Education", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 43-48, 2016.
- J. Y. Jang, K. H. Lee, S. H. Yun, "A Study on Convergence Curriculum Development for Idea Creation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 571-576, 2014.
- Y. S. Son, K. J. Lee, "Computational Thinking Teaching Model Design for Activating IT Convergence Education", Journal of the KIECS, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 511-522, 2016.
- K. M. Kim, H. S. Kim, "A Case Study on Necessity of Computer Programming for Interdisciplinary Education", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 339-348, 2014.
- S. H. Park, "Study of SW Education in University to Enhance Computational Thinking", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 1-10, 2016.
- S. H. Kim, S. K. Han, H. C. Kim, "A Study on Learner's Characteristics and Programming Skill in Computational Literacy Education", The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 15-23, 2010.
- K. G. Kim, "Development and Application of Software Education Program based on Computational Thinking", Kyungpook National University, Master's thesis, 2015.
- S. J. An, "Direction and Prospects of Software Education", http://edzine.kedi.re.kr/2015/autumn/article /policy_01.jsp, 2015.
- S. H. Kim, "Analysis of Non-Computer Majors' Difficulties in Computational Thinking Education", The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 15-23, 2015.
- H. S. Lee, S. H. Kang, C. S. Kim, "Analysis of the Structural Relationship among Factors Related to the Effects of Flipped Learning", The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 87-100, 2016.
- S. G. An, Y. M. Seo, Y. J. Lee, "A Review and Synthesis of Research in Educational Programming Language", The Korea Society of Computer Information Winter Conference, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 139-142, 2012.
- D. J. Kim, E. Y. Ha, "The Future Direction of Information Education in University according to Computerization", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 33-40, 2015.
- S. H. Park, "The Effectivences of Learning Community for the Development of Convergence of University Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 29-37, 2015.
- S. Yu, J. Kang, "Correlation between Critical Thinking Ability and Disposition of University Nursing Students for the Development of Convergence", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 197-203, 2015.
- B. H. Kim, "Computer Programming Education using App Inventor for Android", Journal of the Korea Institute of information and Communication Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 467-472, 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.2.467
- T. Jenkins, "On The Difficulty of Learning to Program", 3rd Annual LTSN-ICS Conference, Loughborough University, pp. 53-58, 2002.