- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Children Robot Interaction with Dramatic Playes for Better Augmented Reality
어린이 극놀이 증강현실감을 위한 아동로봇상호작용 분석
- Han, Jeong-Hye (Dept. of Computer Education, Cheongju National University of Education)
- Received : 2016.12.10
- Accepted : 2016.12.30
- Published : 2016.12.31
This study highlights the effectiveness of analyzing the feelings children have when interacting with robots in a dramatic play setting using augmented reality in Human Robot Interaction (HRI). Existing dramatic play activities using robots by QR-markers were edited, and their weaknesses have been corrected so that children could interact more effectively with robots. Additionally, children's levels of interest and engagement in dramatic play activities, the accuracy of robotic props, and the smartness of robots were analyzed throughout children's interactions during such activities using augmented reality. Younger participants were more likely to find robots interesting and intelligent, and participants with no previous experience with robots had relatively higher levels of interest in robots and tended to notice changes in robots' costumes.
- Brutsch, K., Schuler, T., Koenig, A., Zimmerli, L., Lunenburger, L., Riener, R., & Meyer-Heim, A., "Influence of virtual reality soccer game on walking performance in robotic assisted gait training for children", Journal of Neuro Engineering and Rehabilitation, 7, pp.15-15, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1186/1743-0003-7-15
- Han, J., Jo, M., Hyun, E., and So, H., "Examining young children's perception toward augmented reality-infused dramatic play. Educational Technology Research and Development", Vol. 63, No. 3, pp.455-474, 2015, http://doi.org/10.1007/s11423-015-9374-9 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11423-015-9374-9
- Jo, M., Han, J. and Hyun, E., "The Development of Robot and Augmented Reality based Contents and Instructional Model Supporting Children's Dramatic Play", Journal of the Korean Association of Information Education, Vol. 17, No.4, pp.421-432, December 2014.
- Kim, S. and Han, J., "The Effect on the Contents of Self-Disclosure Activities using Ubiquitous Home Robots", Journal of the Korean Association of Information Education, Vol.12, No.1, pp.57-63, 2008.
- Kong, S., "Device and Contents development for children applying Mixed Reality Technology : Based on Children's toy 'Smart Car'", Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol.17, No.5, pp.339-348, 2016. https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2016.17.5.339
- W Looge, "Research methodology in child-robot interaction: a literature study", Master Thesis, University Twente, Nederland, 2016, Retrieved from http://essay.utwente.nl/70838/1/Looge_MA_BMS.pdf
- A survey and Analysis An analysis on the Image Media Status of Educational Institution for Infants and Children vol.19, pp.8, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2018.19.8.1499