- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of Convergence Education Program of the 'Life and Electricity·Electron' Unit in Practical Arts Textbook to Enhance Computational Thinking
- Kim, Myung-Jung (Dept. of Computer Education at Korea National University of Education) ;
- Lee, Tae-Wuk (Dept. of Computer Education at Korea National University of Education)
- Received : 2015.12.31
- Accepted : 2016.01.26
- Published : 2016.01.30
In this paper, we propose a analysis of electric and electronic's unit in paratical arts and convergence education program to enhance computational thinking. In the current practical arts curriculum of Korean elementary school 6th graders, the 'information' related chapter is Chapter 3. However, educational contents mainly consist of making activities according to the specified manual such as electrical and electronic products, learning about robots, etc. It is very insufficient to develop the computational thinking required by the software-centered society. Therefore, we are to study development of convergence education program of the 'Life and Electricity Electron' unit in practical arts textbook to enhance computational thinking.
- J. H. Kim, "Job creation strategy through the software industry development", 2013.
- 'University employment surge through computer education', scienctimes, 2014.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, "Software Innovation Strategy", 2013.
- Ministry of Education, Elementary School Practical Arts Teacher instructions 5-6, 2014.
- JinYoung Lee, JeongBeom Song, KwangYeol Kim, SeoungHey Paik, TaeWuk Lee, "The Effects of Robot Programming Learning using Pico Cricket on Problem Solving Ability and Interest", The Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol.14, No.2, pp.19, Feb. 2009.
- JeongBeom Song, TaeWuk Lee, "The Effect of Programming Education Using Pico Cricket on Improving Problem Solving Ability", The Journal of Korean Practical Arts Education, Vol.14, No.4, pp.246, Dec. 2008.
- YunJu Jeon, "Effects of Robot Programming Learning in Practical Arts Education on Elementary School Students' Creativity", Graduate School of Korea National University of Education, master's thesis, 2010.
- Jungho Hur, Dongsoo Nam, Taewuk Lee, "A study of Convergence Study program Using Pico-Cricket", The Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol.18, No.2, pp.469, Jul. 2010.
- Yunjee Hui, "Analysis of Electric and Electronic's Unit in Pratical Arts through International Comparison", Graduate School of Seoul National University of Education, master's thesis, 2010.