- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Selection of Best Management Practices for Urban Watershed Corresponding to the Runoff Characteristics from Non-point Pollution Sources
도시지역의 비점오염유출특성을 고려한 도시하천 적정관리방안
- Received : 2015.02.05
- Accepted : 2015.09.21
- Published : 2016.01.29
The purpose of this study was to analyse the runoff characteristics of non-point pollution sources in an urban watershed and determine the effectiveness of newly installed riverwater treatment system to reduce water pollution caused by storm runoff in the urban watershed. The results of this study showed that the levels of BOD5 and suspended solid were highly influenced by first-flush effect and the pollutant load of those two parameters were also very high in the urban watershed. Meanwhile, the effectiveness of riverwater treatment system to reduce the levels of BOD5 and suspended solid was relatively high, but those to reduce the levels of T-N and T-P was low, which needs some additional unit treatment process such as filtration and coagulation. Nonetheless, the riverwater treatment system tested was relatively simple in installation and operation, effective in removing many water pollutants and, most importantly, does not require much space as other treatment systems, so it could be an attractive alternative option to reduce riverwater pollution caused by storm runoff in urban watersheds.
Nonpoint pollutants;Runoff characteristics;Riverwater treatment system
- Chi, H. J., Lee, S. E., Lee, J. D., 2013, Runoff characteristics of non-point pollutants Source in suwon city, Journal of Environmental Science International, 22(4), 493-505. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.4.493
- Choi, Y. Y., Jung, S. Y., Choi, J. W., 2011, Nonpoint pollutants sources characteristics of initial surface runoff on the land use types, Journal of Environmental Science International, 20(3), 417-426. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.3.417
- Shin, C. M., Choi, J. Y., Park, C. H., 2004, Characteristics of non-point pollution discharge with land use in urban area, Journal of Korean Society Environmental Engineering, 26(7), 729-735.
- Lee, G. J., Seong, J. U., Park, J. H., Joe, G. S., Park, J. C., 2010, Runoff characteristics of nonpoint pollutants source in urban area, Journal of Environmental Science International, 19(7), 819-827. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2010.19.7.819
- Kang, Y. T., Ko, Y. B., Han, D. W., Song, K. K., Han, S. Y., Sohn, J. H., 2010, Treatment of municipal non-point runoff and wastewater using RSF-CAST system, Journal of Korean Society of Water Science and Technology, 18(3), 3-12.
- Kang, Y. T., Sohn, J. H., Han, D. W., Song, K. K., Han, S. Y., Park, K. D., Ko, Y. B., 2010, A Study on the treatment of non-point source pollution using biofiltration, Journal of Korean Society of Water Science and Technology, 18(1), 3-10.
- Lee, J. H., Bang, K. W., 2000, Urban stormwater runoff treatment by the RFS. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineering, 22(1), 159-167.
- KEPA, 2009, Final report on the monitoring of the effectiveness of urban stormwater runoff treatment system.
- KEI, 2008, Implementation of the best management practice of urban stormwater runoff treatment system.