- Volume 16 Issue 18
DOI QR Code
Expression and Clinical Significance of Sushi Domain-Containing Protein 3 (SUSD3) and Insulin-like Growth Factor-I Receptor (IGF-IR) in Breast Cancer
- Zhao, Shuang (Jinling Hospital) ;
- Chen, Shuang-Shuang (Jinling Hospital) ;
- Gu, Yuan (Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University) ;
- Jiang, En-Ze (Jinling Hospital) ;
- Yu, Zheng-Hong (Jinling Hospital)
- Published : 2016.01.11
Background: To investigate the expression of insulin-like growth factor-I receptor (IGF-IR) and sushi domain containing protein 3 (SUSD3) in breast cancer tissue, and analyze their relationship with clinical parameters and the correlation between the two proteins. Materials and Methods: The expression of IGF-IR and SUSD3 in 100 cases of breast cancer tissues and adjacent normal breast tissues after surgery was detected by immunohistochemical technique MaxVisionTM, and the relationship with clinical pathological features was further analyzed. Results: The positive rate of IGF-IR protein was 86.0% in breast cancer, higher than 3.0% in adjacent normal breast tissue (P<0.05). The positive expression rate of SUSD3 protein was 78.0% in breast cancer, higher than 2.0% in adjacent normal breast tissue (P<0.05). The expression of IGF-IR and SUSD3 was related to estrogen receptor and pathological types (P<0.05),but not with age, stage, the expression of HER-2 and Ki-67 (P>0. 05). The expression of IGF-IR and SUSD3 in breast cancer tissue was positively related (r=0.553, P<0.01). Conclusions: The expression of IGF-IR and SUSD3 may be correlated to the occurrence and development of breast cancer. The combined detection of IGF-IR, SUSD3 and ER may play an important role in judging prognosis and guiding adjuvant therapy after surgery of breast cancer.
cancer;Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor (IGF-IR);Sushi domain-containing protein 3 (SUSD3)
- Abbasi S, Rasouli M, Nouri M, et al (2013). Association of estrogen receptor-alpha A908G (K303R) mutation with breast cancer risk. Int J Clin Exp Med, 6, 39-49.
- Bartella V, De Marco P, Malaguarnera R, et al (2012). New advances on the functional cross-talk between insulin-like growth factor-I and estrogen signaling in cancer. Cell Signal, 24, 1515-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cellsig.2012.03.012
- Bulun SE, Chen D, Moy I, et al (2012). Aromatase, breast cancer and obesity: a complex interaction. Trends Endocrinol Metab, 23, 83-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tem.2011.10.003
- Casa AJ, Potter AS, Malik S, et al (2012). Estrogen and insulinlike growth factor-I (IGF-I) independently down-regulate critical repressors of breast cancer growth. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 132, 61-73. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-011-1540-0
- Dabydeen SA, Kang K, Diaz-Cruz ES, et al (2015). Comparison of tamoxifen and letrozole response in mammary preneoplasia of ER and aromatase overexpressing mice defines an immune-associated gene signature linked to tamoxifen resistance. Carcinogenesis, 36, 122-32. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/bgu237
- Moy I, Todorovic V, Dubash AD, et al (2015). Estrogendependent sushi domain containing 3 regulates cytoskeleton organization and migration in breast cancer cells. Oncogene, 34, 323-33. https://doi.org/10.1038/onc.2013.553
- Parris TZ, Danielsson A, Nemes S, et al (2010). Clinical implications of gene dosage and gene expression patterns in diploid breast carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res, 16, 3860-74. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-10-0889
- So WK, Leung DY, Ho SS, et al (2013). Associations between social support, prevalent symptoms and health-related quality of life in Chinese women undergoing treatment for breast cancer: a cross-sectional study using structural equation modelling. Eur J Oncol Nurs, 17, 442-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2012.11.001
- Surmacz E (2000). Function of the IGF-I receptor in breast cancer. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia, 5, 95-105. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009523501499
- Yu Z, Gao W, Jiang E, et al (2013a). Interaction between IGFIR and ER induced by E2 and IGF-I. PLoS One, 8, 62642. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0062642
- Yu Z, Jiang E, Shangguan AJ, et al (2013b). Aromatase in adipose tissue: Relationship to breast cancer. J Med Postgra, 26, 1320-5.
- Yu Z, Wang X, Chen L, et al (2013c). Interaction between insulin-like growth factors I receptor and estrogen receptor induced by estradiol and insulin-like growth factors I. J med Postgra, 26, 907-11.
- Expressions of insulin-like growth factor receptor-1 and cezanne-1 in lung adenocarcinoma vol.34, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12032-017-0934-1
- Correlation of the expressions of IGF1R-RACK1-STAT3 and Bcl-xl in nasopharyngeal carcinoma with the clinicopathological features and prognosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma pp.07302312, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.26354