- Volume 10 Issue 5
The smart substation is the heart of a transmission system, which is particularly emphasized as the most significant composition of smart grids in China. In order to assess the functionality performance of substation technologies, this paper presents methods used to identify the most promising solutions for smart substation design and to evaluate the technical levels of available technologies. The multi-index optimization model is presented to address the issue of smart substation planning. A mathematical model of the planning decision problem is established with multiple objectives consisting of economic, reliability, and green key indices, and many kinds of concerns including physical and environmentally friendly operations are formulated as a set of constraints. With respect to the assessment of the technical level regarding integration of advanced technologies into a substation, a modified grey whitenization weight function is adopted to structure a novel grey clustering method. The proposed grey clustering approach is used to overcome the difficulty of insufficient quantitative assessment capacity for traditional methods. The evaluation of technical effects provides the classification definition for the development phase and the maturity level of the smart substation. The effectiveness of the proposed approaches in planning decision-making and evaluation of construction efforts is demonstrated with case studies involving the actual smart substation projects of Wenchongkou substation in China Southern Power Grid (CSG) and Mengzi substation in State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC).
Smart substation;Intelligent technologies;Optimal designed scheme;Technical performance assessment;Evaluation methods
- Shi Jing, Qi Huang, Jie Wu and Wei Zhen, “A novel whole-view test approach onsite commissioning in smart substation,” IEEE Trans. Power Deli., vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 1715-1722, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2013.2256435
- Vaidya B., Makrakis D. and Mouftan H. T., “Authentication and authorization mechanisms for substation automation in smart grid network,” IEEE Network, vol. 27, pp. 5-11, Jan-Feb. 2013.
- “Smart substations: a preliminary assessment,” U.S. EPRI., Dec. 2001.
- “Substation security and remote access implementation strategies,” U.S. EPRI., 20-Dec-2012.
- Ericsson G.N., “Cyber security and power system communication - essential parts of a smart grid infrastructure,” IEEE Trans. Power Deli., vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 1501-1507, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2010.2046654
- Xiaoling Jin, Yibin Zhang and Xue Wang, “Strategy and coordinated development of strong and smart grid,” in Proc. 2012 IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies – Asia (ISGT Asia), May 2012, pp. 1-4.
- Jifeng Wang and Huafeng Zhou, “Conceptual design and the future development for operation smart system in China Southern Power Grid,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 4, no.3, pp. 1621-1629, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2013.2252634
- Chen Jin-lun, Huang Chun, Zeng Zhao-xin, Qu Shuo, Luo Jiao and Qin Qian, “Smart grid oriented smart substation characteristics analysis,” in Proc. 2012 IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies – Asia (ISGT Asia), May 2012, pp. 1-4.
- F. X. Li, W. Qiao, H. B. Sun, H. Wan, J. H. Wang, Y. Xia, Z. Xu and P. Zhang, “Smart transmission grid: vision and framwork,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 1, pp. 168-177, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2010.2053726
- Pedryca W. and Mingli Song, “Analytic hierarchy process (AHP) in group decision making and its optimization with an allocation of information granularity,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 527-539, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2011.2116029
- Salvadori F., Gehrke C. S., de Oliveira A. C., de Campos M. and Sausen P. S., “Smart grid infra- structure using a hybrid network architecture,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1630-1639, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2013.2265264
- Guangyu He, Sun Y., Qiang Lu, Li T., Hairong Lv, Wenjun Yin and Jin Dong, “Multi-index and self-approximate-optimal operation for a smart electrical power grid,” IBM Journal of Research and Development, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 2:1-2:14, 2010.
- Erdal Kayacan, Baris Ulutas and Okyay Kaynak, “Grey system theory – based models in time series prediction,” Expert Systems with Application, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 1784-1789, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2009.07.064
- “The technical bidding documents of Wenchongkou substation in CGS,” EPRI. of Guangdong Power Grid Company, 2010.
- IEC 61850-5 communication networks and systems in substations: Part 5 communication requirements for functions and device models, 2003.
- IEC 61850-7 communication networks and systems in substations: basic communication structure for substations and feeder equipment, 2003.
- IEC 61850-7 Edition 2.0 communication networks and systems for power utility automation: basic communication structure, 2010.
- Ki-Baek Lee and Jong-Hwan Kim, “Multiobjective particle swarm optimization with preference-based sort and its application to path following footstep optimization for humanoid robots,” IEEE Trans. Evolutionary Computation, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 755-766, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEVC.2013.2240688
- Bernardon D. P., Sperandio M., Garcia V. J., Canha L. N., da Rosa Abaide A. and Daza E. F. B., “AHP decision-making algorithm to allocate remotely controlled switches in distribution networks,” IEEE Trans. Power Deli., vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 1884-1892, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2011.2119498
- H. T. Yang and S. L. Chen, “Incorporating a multi-criteria decision procedure into the combined dynamic programming/production simulation algorithm for generation expansion planning,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 165-175, 1989.
- T. L. Saaty and L. T. Tran, “On the invalidity of fuzzifying numerical judgments in the analytic hierarchy process,” Math. Comput. Model., vol. 46, pp. 926-975, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcm.2007.03.029
- An Investigation Into the Coupling of Magnetic and Thermal Analysis for a Wound-Rotor Synchronous Machine vol.65, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2017.2756597