- Volume 20 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Development of Motion Detection Based Serious Game "ChoDeungGangHo" for Physical Training
- Lee, Bum-Ro (Game School, ChungKang College of Cultural Industries)
- Received : 2015.10.14
- Accepted : 2015.11.10
- Published : 2015.11.30
In this paper we propose a method to analyze user's motion as a game command, and implement a sports serious game applied the motion analysis method as a command interpreter. Recently, various contents platforms appear in industrial market, the computer game contents plays an important role in these emerging platforms as a killer contents. The computer game has enough values as an independent major cultural product, moreover it has the potential to be applied in various other fields such as education, healthcare, training, and so on. It could motivate users to do something continuously, and it could also support an immersive environment in a certain special game contents such as VR game. The Serious game 'ChoDeungGangHo', implemented in this paper, is the sensory healthcare serious game based on 3D run game and fitness game. It is designed for user to train the various exercise element by just playing the game, and it also supports the user management system and the linkage of social media. We proposes the sensory serious game 'ChoDeungGangHo' as a model of commercial serious game.
- Lu Xia, Chia-Chih Chen and J. K. Aggarwal, "Human Detection Using Depth Information by Kinect," IEEE Computer Society Conference, CVCRW, pp. 15 - 22, 25 June 2011.
- kdhong, "A Recognizing activities with the Kinect," Master thesis Artificial Intelligence, July 3, 2013.
- Mao Ye, Qing Zhang, Liang Wang, Jiejie Zhu, Ruigang Yang, Juergen Gall, "A Survey on Human Motion Analysis from Depth Data" Vol 8200, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp 149-187.
- Jamie Shotton, Andrew Fitzgibbon, Mat Cook, Toby Sharp, "Real-Time Human Pose Recognition in Parts from Single Depth Images," CVPR '11 Proceedings IEEE, 2012.
- "Physical Activity Promotion System Manual", Seoul National University, Sports Science Research Institute, 2012.
- Byung-jun Cho, Ha-Young Jang, Byoung-Tak Zhang, "Motion Recognition and Classification using Kinect Sensor Data," KIISE conference proceedings, pp. 318 - 320, Nov. 2012.
- Dae-Young Shin, "Relation of Game User and Game Character", Proceedings of the Korean Society of Computer Information Conference, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 51-52, 2013.
- Hong-Chan Yoon, Jin-Soo Cho, "Hand Feature Extraction Algorithm Using Curvature Analysis For Recognition of Various Hand Gestures," Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, v.20, no.5, pp. 13-20, May, 2015. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2015.20.5.013