- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Qualitative Research Published by Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing
기본간호학회지에 게재된 질적 연구의 분석
- Park, Hyoung-Sook (College of Nursing, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Young-Mi (College of Nursing, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2015.08.15
- Accepted : 2015.10.28
- Published : 2015.11.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to analyze reports of qualitative research published in Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing (JKAFN). Methods: Twenty four qualitative research studies using in-depth interviews and focus group interviews published in JKAFN from 1994 to 2014 were selected for analysis. Chosen reports were analyzed by consolidated criteria for reporting qualitative research (COREQ), which is a reporting guideline for qualitative research. COREQ consists of 32 items and 3 domains. Results: In the 1st domain, the relationship of researchers and research participants, bias and understanding of the researchers on the study phenomenon were analyzed less than other items. In the 2nd domain, methodological research was carried out across various qualitative studies, but the description of the research environment and research questions for the interview guidelines was insufficient. In the 3rd domain, research results and data were consistent, but data showing opposing content and explanations of negative practices were not done at all. Conclusion: These results indicate a need for the development of evaluation tools for qualitative research and items should be added to improve the reliability and validity, research should be related to the ethics in the framework of the COREQ.
- Jeong IS, Kang KS, Kim KH, Kim KS, Kim WO, Byun YS, et al. The research trends in fundamental nursing - Based on the analysis of Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. 2001;8(2):132-146.
- Sohng KY, Kim JI, Choi DW, Kim AK, Chaung SK, Kim KH, et al. Research trends in the Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing - Based on analysis of the Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing from 2001 to 2007. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. 2008;15(3):262-273.
- Kim KH, Chang SO, Kang HS, Kim KS, Kim JI, Kim HS, et al. Trends in research studies published in Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing: 2009-2011. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. 2012;19(3):383-391. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.3.383
- Kim YK, Hwang SY, Shin SJ. Analysis of Qualitative research published by Korean Journal of Adult Nursing (1989-2011). Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 2011;23(6):633-641.
- Lee EJ, Song JE, Kim M, Kim S, Jun EM, Ahn S, et al. Analysis on reports of qualitative researches published in Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2012;18(4):321-332. http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2012.18.4.321 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2012.18.4.321
- Nam KA. Analysis of Qualitative research in psychiatric and mental health nursing. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. 2014;23(4):311-321. http://dx.doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2014.23.4.311 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2014.23.4.311
- Suh MS, Kim MH, Chon MY. The study on the experience of clinical nursing practice among nursing students using grounded theory approach. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. 1996;3(1):128-140.
- Tong A, Sainsbury P, Craig J. Consolidated criteria for reporting qualitative research (COREQ): A 32-item checklist for interviews and focus groups. International Journal for Quality in Health Care. 2007;19(6):349-357. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/mzm042 https://doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/mzm042
- Rao TS, Tharyan P. Editorial policies aimed at improving the transparency and validity of published research. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 2011;53(3):183-186. http://dx.doi.org/10.4103/0019-5545.86793 https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5545.86793
- Larson EL, Cortazal M. Publication guidelines need widespread adoption. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2012;65(3):239-246. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2011.07.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2011.07.008
- Moon MD, Wolf LA, Baker K, Carman MJ, Clark PR, Henderson D, et al. Evaluating qualitative research studies for use in the clinical setting. Journal of Emergency Nursing. 2013;39(5):508-510. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jen.2013.06.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jen.2013.06.009
- Hole E, Stubbs B, Roskell C, Soundy A. The patient's experience of the psychosocial process that influences identity following stroke rehabilitation: A metaethnography. Scientific World Journal. 2014;2014:1-13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/349151
- Prorok JC, Horgan S, Seitz DP. Health care experiences of people with dementia and their caregivers: A meta-ethnographic analysis of qualitative studies. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2013;185(14):E669-E680. http://dx.doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.121795 https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.121795
- Poikkeus T, Numminen O, Suhonen R, Leino-Kilpi H. A mixed-method systematic review: Support for ethical competence of nurses. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2014;70(2):256-271. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jan.12213 https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.12213
- Meadows LM, Morse JM. Constructing evidence within the qualitative project. In: Morse JM, Swanson JM, Kuzel AJ, Nature of Qualitative Evidence. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage; 2001. p. 187-200.
- Morse JM, Hutchinson SA, Penrod J. From theory to practice: The development of assessment guides from qualitatively derived theory. Qualitative Health Research. 1998;8(3):329-340. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/104973239800800304 https://doi.org/10.1177/104973239800800304
- Sandelowski M. The problem of rigor in qualitative research. Advances in Nursing Science. 1986;8(3):27-37. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00012272-198604000-00005 https://doi.org/10.1097/00012272-198604000-00005
- Guba EG, Lincoln YS. Fourth generation evaluation. Sage, 1989.
- Kwon YJ, Ryu, JY. An analysis of qualitative research trends published in nine major Korean Early Childhood Education Journals from 2007 to 2012. Korean Journal of Early Childhood Education. 2013;33(2):191-212. http://dx.doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2013.33.2.009
- John W. Creswell, Qualitative nursing & research design. 2nd ed. Cho HS, Jeong SW, Kim JS, Kwon JS, translator. Seoul: Hakjisa; 2014. p. 181-182.
- Lim S. An analysis of qualitative research methods used in articles published in the Journal of Korean Sociology of Sport. Journal of Korean Society of Sports Policy. 2004;17(3):253-267.
- Park CW. Cardiovascular complications during hemodialysis. Korean Journal of Nephrology. 2009;28(4):385-390.
- Fossey E, Harvey C, McDermott F, Davidson L. Understanding and evaluating qualitative research. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry. 2002;36(6):717-732. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1440-1614.2002.01100.x
- Park HS, Kim KN, Kang EH, Lee JM, Park SM. Lived adaptation experiences of new ICU nurses who are working in a newly established university hospital. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. 2011;18(2):226-236.