- Volume 3 Issue 1
This research is a qualitative based study by using data gleaned from documentary analysis and in-depth interviews of 10 potential stakeholders were involved in the proposed high-speed train project in Thailand. Many perspectives from key informants revealed that this project would bring Thailand sustainable development in the future due to the fact that it is supposed to be an environmentally friendly mode of transportation and timesaving for passengers. Key informants who tend to have negative opinions towards the project feel apprehension due to the huge monetary investment during a time of monetary crisis. However, there was one complaint that the high-speed train is harmful to the environment surrounding the proposed area of this project. Several key informants agreed that ticket fares must be in between the cost of a bus ticket and airfare.
- Banister, D. and Berechman, Y. (2000). Transport investment and economic development. London: UCL Press.
- Bangkok Pundit. (2014, January 9). Constitution court judge: High speed rail not necessary for Thailand. Asian Correspondent. Retrieved from http://asiancorrespondent.com/2014/01/constitution-court-judge-high-speedrail-not-necessary-for-thailand/
- Boonwattanopas, N. (2014). The case for high-speed trains and sustainable infrastructure in Thailand: an example of the Bangkok-Nong Khai High Speed Route. London: Faculty of the Built Environment, Bartlett School of Planning, University College London. (Unpublished paper)
- Chantruthai, P., Taneeananon, S., Taneerananon, P. (2014). A study of competitive between low cost airlines and high-speed rail: A case study of Southern Corridor in Thailand, Engineering Journal, 18(2), 141-161. https://doi.org/10.4186/ej.2014.18.2.141
- Graham, D. J. (2006). Wider economic benefits of transport improvements: Link between agglomeration and productivity, Stage 2 report. London: DfT.
- Hays, J. (2012). Kunming-Singapore High Speed Railway. Retrieved from http://factsanddetails.com/china/cat13/sub86/item1724.html#chapter-13
- MMA Consultants, PB Asia, Trans Consult, Enrich Consultants & New Asset Advisory, (2014). Raingan suksa kwammohsom krongkarnsuksa rae aokbab rodfai kwamrewsoong [The feasibility study of high speed train project]. Bangkok: Transport Department.
- OMEGA Centre. (2012). Mega projects executive summary: Lessons for decisionmakers: An analysis of selected international large-scale transport infrastructure projects. London
- Ritchie, J., & Lewis, J. (2009). Qualitative research practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publication.
- Smith, K. (2014). Thai projects given new impetus. International Railway Journal. Retrieved from http://www.railjournal.com/index.php/financial/thai-projects-given-newimpetus.html
- State Enterprise Policy Office. (2013). High speed rail system In Thailand. Bangkok: Ministry of Finance.
- Thaiintelligentnews. (2014). Up-Dated > Erased? Thailand's "High Speed Rail System" that was to link a regional system together. Retrieved from https://aseaneconomist.wordpress.com/2014/06/15/thailands-junta-regimepostponed-yunnan-singapore-high-speed-rail-project/
- The Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning (OTP), Ministry of Transport, (2013). Phontobtan thang setthakit jak karn chuamyong hai borikarn rabobrang rae raofai kwamrewsoong [Economic return of linkages of track train and high speed train]. Retrieved from http://www.exporailsoutheastasia.com/files/3865/downloads/Press%20release/MOT%20Presentation.pdf
- The Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning (OTP), Ministry of Transport. (2014). Phonkarn suksa rae aokbab rodfai kwamrewsoong sai Krungthep - Nakhon Ratchasima [Findings of the study and design of the Bangkok-Nakhon Rathchasima HST line]. Bangkok: OTP.
- Wanwiset, V. (2013). Neawtang karn pattana krongkarn rodfai kwamrewsoong khong prathedthai [Guidelines for developing a high speed train project of Thailand]. Bangkok: Academic Affairs Bureau, Office of the Senate Secretary.
- Yapparat, N. (2014). Constitutional Cretins. Blog, Thai Politics Retrieved from https://uglytruththailand.wordpress.com/tag/vorajet-pakeerat/