- Volume 24 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Impact Rating Class and Deterioration Type on the Trails in Mt. Namsan District, Gyeongju National Park
경주국립공원 남산 지구의 탐방로 훼손 유형 및 환경피해도 평가
- Received : 2015.09.07
- Accepted : 2015.10.12
- Published : 2015.11.30
This study was carried out to systematically maintain and manage the trails by assessing the physical characteristics, the types of deterioration and impact rating class of trails located in Mt. Nam District of the Gyeongju National Park. The major trails followed 6 routes including Sambulsa-Geumobong(A), Yongjangsaji-Geumobong(B), Yongjanggol-Yiyoungjae-Gowibong(C), Cheonusa-Gowibong(D), Sangseojang-Forest road(E) and Tongiljeon-Forest road(F). The routes length of A was 2.2 km, 2.7 km of B, 3.4 km of C, 1.3 km of D, 2.0 km of E and 1.0 km of F. In the physical characteristics, A was the widest and F was the narrowest in the width and bared width of trail. In depth of erosion, B was the deepest and E was the shallowest. D was the steepest and E was the gentlest in the slope. In the results of analysing the types of deterioration, A were 13 types, 11 types of B, C and D, 10 types of E and 6 types of F. The times of appearance of deterioration types in A were 86 times, 75 times of B, 105 times of C, 48 times of D, 47 times of E and 13 times of F. In case of the impact rating class, trail erosion was II degree, I degree of trail expansion, root exposure, trail divergence and rock exposure.
Divergence;Rock exposure;Root exposure;Trail erosion
- Cho, W., Deterioration status of closed-trail of National Parks on the Baekdudaegan mountains, South Korea, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 26(5), 827-834.
- Choi, C. H., You, J. H., Jung, S. G., 2013, Estimation of danger zone by soil erosion using RUSLE model in Gyeongju National Park, Korean J. Environ. Ecol., 27(5), 614-624. https://doi.org/10.13047/KJEE.2013.27.5.614
- Frissell, S. S., 1978, Judging recreation impacts on wild -ness campsites, Journal of Forestry, 76(8), 481-483.
- Hur, T. C., Joo, S. H., 2005, Soil physio-chemical properties of Mt. Namsan on Kyungju in Korea, Agric. Res. Bull. Kyungpook Natl. Univ., 23, 53-60.
- Jeong, W. I., 2005, Analysis of possible natural damage of tourism heritages using geographic information system: a case study of Mt. Namsan, Gyeongju, Journal of Tourism Sciences, 29(1), 27-44.
- Kim, T. H., 2011, Physical characteristics of ridge traversing trail in Mount Jiri National Park, Journal of the Korean Geographical Society, 46(4), 425-441.
- Korea Forest Service, 2004, The method of ecological maintenance by deterioration types of trail, KFS, Daejeon, Korea.
- Korea National Park Service, 2008, The survey of nature resource in Gyoengju National Park, KNPS, Seoul, Korea.
- Korea National Park Sevice, 2009, Maintenance manual of trails in National Park, KNPS, Seoul, Korea.
- Kwon, T. H., Kim, D. W., Lee, J. W., 2005, Trail deterioration in Woraksan National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 19(2), 130-138.
- Kwon, T. H., Lee, J. W., 2003, Trail deterioration on the ridge of the Baekdudaegan-a case of the trail between Manbokdae and Bokseongijae-, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 16(4), 465-474.
- Kwon, T. H., Oh, K. K., Jeong, N. H., 1989, Trail and campground deteriorations and use impact on their natural environment in Mt. Kaya National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 3(1), 81-94.
- Kwon, T. H., Oh, K. K., Kwon, S. D., 1991, Use impact on environmental deteriorations of trail and campsite in Chirisan National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 5(1), 91- 103.
- Kwon, T. H., Oh, K. K., Kwon, Y. S., 1988, Trail and campground deteriorations, and their environmental changes of soil and vegeatation in Chiak National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 2(1), 50-65.
- Kwon, T. H., Oh, K. K., Lee, J. W., 1990, User's impacts on trail deteriorations and edge vegetation in Sokri Mountain National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 4(1), 63- 68.
- Kwon, T. H., Oh, K. K., Lee, J. W., 1993, Use impact on environmental deteriorations of trail in Sobaeksan National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 6(2), 168-179.
- Kwon, T. H., Oh, K. K., Lee, J. W., 1994, Use impacts on environmental deteriorations of trail and campsite in Tŭkyusan National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 7(2), 241- 251.
- Kwon, T. H., Oh, K. K., Lee, J. W., 1995, Use pattern and impacts on environmental deteriorations on and around trails in Chuwangsan National Park, 8(2), 167-176.
- Kwon, T. H., Oh, K. K., Lee, J. W., 1996, Use impacts on environmental deteriorations on and around trails in Odaesan National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 9(2), 211 -220.
- Lee, J. W., Oh, K. K., Kwon, T. H., 1997, Use impacts on environmental deteriorations on and around trails in Sŏraksan National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 10(2), 191- 204.
- Leung, Y. F., Marion, J. L., 1999, Assessing trail conditions in protected areas: application of a problem-assess -ment method in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Environmental Conservation, 26(4), 270-279. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0376892999000399
- Lynn, N. A., Brwon, R. D., 2003, Effects of recreational use impacts on hiking experiences in natural areas, Landscape Urban Planning, 64, 77-87. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-2046(02)00202-5
- Moore, R. L., Leung, Y. F., Matisoff, C., Dorwart, C., Parker, A., 2012, Understanding user' perceptions of trail resource impacts and how they affect experience: an integrated approach, Landscape and Urban Planning, 107, 343-350. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2012.06.016
- Most, L., Hothorn, T., Müller, J., Heurich, M., 2015, Creating a landscape of management: unintended effects on the variation of browsing pressure in a National Park, Forest Ecology and Management, 338, 46-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2014.11.015
- Mun, S. J., You, J. H., 2013, Naturalness assessment of trails in urban area of Gyeongju National Park-focused on Sogeumgang, Hwarang and Seoak District-, Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment, 22(4), 303-317. https://doi.org/10.14249/eia.2013.22.4.303
- Mun, S. J., You, J. H., Hong, K. P., Heo, S. H., 2013, Analysis on deterioration status on the trails in the Gyeongju National Park-focused on Mt. Toham, Mt. Nam, Mt. Danseok and Mt. Gumi District-, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 41(3), 31-42. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2013.41.3.031
- Nam, Y., You, J. H., Heo, S. H., 2015, Assessment of impact rating class and deterioration condition on the trails in Juwangsan National Park, Korean J. Envrion. Ecol., 29(4), 605-614. https://doi.org/10.13047/KJEE.2015.29.4.605
- Oh, K. K., Heo, S. H., 1992, Environmental deterioration of and around trail in Hallasan National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 6(1), 55-71.
- Oh, K. K., Kwon, T. H., Jeun, Y. J., 1987, Trail damage and vegetational change of trail side in Bukhan Mountain National Park, Kor. J. Env. Eco., 1(1), 35- 45.
- Papageorgiou, K., Kassioumis, K., 2005, The national park policy context in Greece: park user's perspectives of issues in park administration, Journal of Nature Conservation, 13, 231-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnc.2004.11.001
- Park, I. H., Lee, H. Y., Cho, K. J., Jang, G. S., 2010, An analysis of major trail deterioration in urban natural park- a focus on Apsan park in Daegu Metropolitan City-, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 38(3), 33-40.
- Quinn, N. W., Morgan, R. P. C., Smith, A. J., 1980, Simulation of soil erosion induced by human trampling, Jounral of Journal of Environmental Management, 10, 155-165.
- Yi, Y. K., Choi, S. H., 2000, Vegetation structure analysis of urban forest-the case of Namsan in Kyungju, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 28(3), 13-24.
- Yoon, S. I., 2007, Crop loss survey by wildlife in National Parks of Korea, Korean J. Environ. Biol., 25(3), 223 -227.
Supported by : 동국대학교