- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Study on Organization, Infection Controller, Patient Infection Control of Dental Clinic in Certain Areas
일부지역 치과의 기관, 감염관리자, 환자의 감염관리에 관한 연구
Choi, Du-Ri;Kim, Seol-Hee
- Received : 2015.06.02
- Accepted : 2015.07.01
- Published : 2015.08.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the performance of dental infection control. This survey was performed on 158 of the dental hygienist in certain areas. The research was performed using a self-reported questionnaire and interview method from June to July, 2014. The collected data was analyzed by PASW Statistics ver. 18.0. Guideline of infection management, infection controller, regular infection control training, Sterilization of the handpiece/per head resulted 57~74% for dental hospital. It was higher than 13~20% for dental clinics (p<0.05). Infection control guidelines and vaccination recognition of dental were more performed in dental hospital. Patient's hand hygiene performed, tooth brushing before treatment, cross infection educational experience was less than 20%, research cooperation of medical history was over 90% (p<0.05). Performing rate of the dental hospital workers were investigated higher in protective personal devices, infection control of treatment room. A correlation analysis about institutional support, infection control of dental hygienists, patients with infection control cooperation showed a positive correlation statistically significant. Infection control can be enhanced when the medical staff, the patient, the organization combined cognitive and practice. Dental hygienist is required to recognize and practice the infection control guidelines through continuing education.
Dental clinics;Dental hygienists;Infection control
- Ministry of Health and Welfare: Retrieved May 20, 2015, from http://www.mw.go.kr/front_new/al/sal0101vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=040101&CONT_SEQ=38581&page=1(2002, December 9).
- Bae SS, Lee MS: Development of evaluation index for infection control and prevention at dental hospital and its validity verification. J Dent Hyg Sci 13: 254-263, 2013.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare: Ministry of health and welfare statistical year book. 60th ed. Ministry of Health and Welfare, Sejong, pp.113-115, 2014.
- Park KC: Research agenda for the future of dental practitioners. J Korea Dent Assoc 39: 369-379, 2001.
- Han JH, Baek MR, Jung KT: A study on the effect of hospital accreditation JCI on the intention of improving healthcare quality. Korea J Bus Adm 26: 1475-1498, 2013.
- Oh YH, Choi Y, Lim YB, et al.: Regulation of JCI accreditation and facility management for general hospitals in KOREA, Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture. J Korea Inst Healthc Archit 19: 63-70, 2013.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare: Retrieved May 20, 2015, from http://www.mw.go.kr/front_new/al/sal0301vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=0403&CONT_SEQ=295098&page=1(2014, January 2).
- Nam YS: Analysis on relevant factors in practice of prevention for infections in dental clinics-(focusing on dental hygienists). J Dent Hyg Sci 8: 189-198, 2008.
- Kim KM, Choi JS: Factors affecting core competencies among infection control nurses in Korea. Korean J Adult Nurs 26: 11-21, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2014.26.1.11
- Bae MR, Chun JH, Lee JH: Analysis of selection criteria of consumers for dental clinic. J Korea Contents Soc 13: 271-277, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.03.271
- Cho MK: A study on re-use intention through external stimuli and infection control of dental office perceived by medical consumer. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 11: 571-580, 2011.
- Kim JH, Kim JK: Infection control among dental hygienists according to infection control education experiences. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 11: 547-556, 2011.
- Lee YK, Kim SD: About dentistry infection from dentistry medical institution recognition research of patient. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 10: 617-625, 2010.
- Hong SH, Han MA, Park J, et al.: The association factors of infection control practice based on health belief model in the dental hygienist. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 14: 463-470, 2014. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.04.463
- Cho YS, Jun BH, Choi YS: Construction and validation of infection control practice scale for dental hygienist. J Dent Hyg Sci 9: 53-59, 2009.
- Cha SR, Kim KJ: Protocol for disinfection and sterilization in dental clinic. J Korea Dent Assoc 51: 130-137, 2013.
- Bae SS, Lee MS: Study on elements for effective infection control at dental hospitals. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 11: 557-569, 2011.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare: Retrieved May 20, 2015, from http://www.mw.go.kr/front_new/al/sal0101vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=040101&CONT_SEQ=38581&page=1(2006, July 31).
- Choi SY, Jung HK, Kwon MY: A study on the effects of medical care service quality on the customer satisfaction and intention of revisit. J Korean Corp Manag Assoc 13: 51-65, 2006.
- Kim JH, Lee KY: A study on infection control attitude of dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 9: 129-136, 2009.
- Moon HS: A study on the health statue of dentists. J Korean Acad Dent Health 16: 53-73, 1992.
- Yang JH, Hyun HK, Kim YJ, et al.: Infective endocarditis in antibiotically protected patient with ventricular septal defect. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent 34: 461-467, 2007.
- Choi HY, Choi YS: Actual state of dental hygienist's behavior for infection control during dental practice and radiologic examination. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 11: 169-178, 2011.
- Oral health care effects of periodontal disease patients with systemic diseases: case report vol.16, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.04.567