The Journal of Korea Institute of Information, Electronics, and Communication Technology (한국정보전자통신기술학회논문지)
- Volume 8 Issue 4
We suggest that HSV Color Space may be used to detect a vehicle detecting system at nighttime. It is essential that a licence plate should be extracted when a vehicle is under surveillance. To do so, a licence plate may be enlarged to certain size after the aimed vehicle is taken picture from a distance by using Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera. Either Mean-Shift or Optical Flow Algorithm is generally used for the purpose of a vehicle detection and trace, even though those algorithms have tendency to have difficulty in detection and trace a vehicle at night. By utilizing the fact that a headlight or taillight of a vehicle stands out when an input image is converted in to HSV Color Space, we are able to achieve improvement on those algorithms for the vehicle detection and trace. In this paper, we have shown that at night, the suggested method is efficient enough to detect a vehicle 93.9% from the front and 97.7% from the back.
HSV;Vehicle Detecting;Vehicle Tracking;Video Surveillance;License Plate
- A. Bakowski, G.A. Jones, "Video Surveillance Tracking using Color region Adjacency Graphs", Image Processing and its Applications, Conference Publication No.465, 1999, pp.794-798
- Yusuke Takahashi, Toshio Kamei, "Object Tracking System with Active Camera", NEC Res. & Develop., Vol.43 No.1, 2002, pp.45-48
- Gian Luca Foresti, "Object Reconition and Tracking for Remote Video Surveillance", IEEE Trans. on Circuits & Systems for Video Technology, Vol.9 No.7, 1999, pp.1045-1062 https://doi.org/10.1109/76.795058
- Hai Tao, Harpreet S. Sawhney, Rakesh Kumar, "Object Tracking with Bayesian Estimation of Dynamic Layer Representations", IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.24 No.1, 2002, pp.75-89 https://doi.org/10.1109/34.982885
- Xavier Clady, Francois Collange, Frederic Jurie, Philippe Martinet, "Object Tracking with a Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera : application to car driving assistance", Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation in Seoul, 2001, pp.1653-1658
- S. Lee, J. Kang, J. Shin, and J. Paik, " Hierarchical active shape model with motion prediction for real-tine tracking of non-rigid object," IET Computer Vision, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 17-24, March 2007. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cvi:20045243
- H. S Park, C. S. Bae, "Real-time Recognition and Tracking System of Multiple Moving Objects", Journal of KICS, vol. 36, no. 7, pp.421-427, July, 2011.
- S. Liand, G. Guo, "The application of improved HSV color space model in image processing," Future Computer and Communication (ICFCC), 2010 2nd International Conference on, pp. v2-10-v2-13, Wuhan, China, Jan, 2010.
- H. S Park, "Active Object Tracking System for Intelligent Video Surveillance", Journal of Korea Institute of Information & Electronic Communication Technology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp.82-85, June, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17661/jkiiect.2014.7.2.082