- Volume 16 Issue 16
DOI QR Code
Acquired JAK-2 V617F Mutational Analysis in Pakistani Patients with Essential Thrombocythemia
- Sultan, Sadia (Department of Hematology and Blood Bank, Liaquat National Hospital and Medical College) ;
- Irfan, Syed Mohammed (Department of Hematology and Blood Bank, Liaquat National Hospital and Medical College)
- Published : 2015.11.04
Background: Essential thrombocythemia (ET) is a clonal hemopoietic stem cell myeloproliferative neoplasm characterized by persistent thrombocytosis along with megakaryocytic hyperplasia. In the last decade following the identification of an acquired JAK2 V617F mutation, there has been acceleration in our understanding of this disease. The rational of this study was to determine the mutational profile of JAK2 V617F in Pakistan patients with ET. Materials and Methods: In this retrospective cross sectional study, 21 patients with ET were enrolled from January 2011 to December 2014. Patients were diagnosed based on WHO criteria for essential thrombocythemia. Complete blood count was done on an automated hematology analyzer, while JAK2 V617F expression was evaluated by polymerase chain reaction. Results: The mean age was
Essential thrombocythemia;JAK-2 V617F mutation;Pakistan
- Ahn JY, Yoo SJ, Bang SM, et al (2007). JAK2(V617F) mutation in Korean patients with essential thrombocythemia. Korean J Lab Med, 27, 77-82. https://doi.org/10.3343/kjlm.2007.27.2.77
- Alshemmari SH, Rajaan R, Ameen R, Al-Drees MA, Almosailleakh MR (2014). JAK2V617F allele burden in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms. Ann Hematol, 93, 791-6. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00277-013-1988-6
- Ayad MW, Nafea D (2011). Acquired mutation of the tyrosine kinase JAK2V617F in Egyptian patients with myeloid disorders. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers, 15, 17-21. https://doi.org/10.1089/gtmb.2010.0093
- Ben Said M, Gandrille S, Fischer AM, Darnige L (2015). Clinical and biological features of patients with essential thrombocythaemia according to their mutational status JAK2 or CALR: Single-center study of 40 patients and review of the literature. Pathol Biol (Paris), 63, 117-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patbio.2015.01.001
- Briere JB (2007). Essential thrombocythemia. Orphanet J Rare Dis, 2, 3. https://doi.org/10.1186/1750-1172-2-3
- Birgegard G (2015). Advances and challenges in the management of essential thrombocythemia. Ther Adv Hematol, 6, 142-56. https://doi.org/10.1177/2040620715580068
- Duangnapasatit B, Rattarittamrong E, Rattanathammethee T, et al (2015). Clinical manifestations and risk factors for complications of Philadelphia chromosome-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 5013-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.12.5013
- Gangat N, Wassie EA, Lasho TL, et al (2015). Mutations and thrombosis in essential thrombocythemia: prognostic interaction with age and thrombosis history. Eur J Haematol, 94, 31-6. https://doi.org/10.1111/ejh.12389
- Hamidah NH, Farisah NR, Azlinda AB, et al (2012). A study of JAK2 (V617F) gene mutation in patients with chronic myeloproliferative disorders. Clin Ter, 163, 109-13.
- Kiladjian JJ, Besses C, Griesshammer M, eta l (2013). Efficacy and safety of cytoreductive therapies in patients with essential thrombocythaemia aged >80 years: an interim analysis of the EXELS study. Clin Drug Investig,33,55-63. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40261-012-0042-0
- Levine RL, Pardanani A, Tefferi A, Gilliland DG (2007). Role of JAK2 in the pathogenesis and therapy of myeloproliferative disorders. Nat Rev Cancer, 7, 673-83. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc2210
- Palandri F, Latagliata R, Polverelli N, et al (2015). Mutations and long-term outcome of 217 young patients with essential thrombocythemia or early primary myelofibrosis. Leukemia, 29, 1344-9. https://doi.org/10.1038/leu.2015.87
- Payzin KB, Savasoglu K, Alacacioglu I, et al (2014). JAK2 V617F mutation status of 232 patients diagnosed with chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk, 14, 525-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clml.2014.02.013
- Ross C, Vanamala N, Rameshkumar (2008). Polycythemia Vera and Essential Thombocythemia-A Single Institution Experience. Indian J Med Paediatric Oncol, 29, 7-11. https://doi.org/10.4103/0971-5851.51398
- Sadiq MA, Ahmed S, Ali N (2013). Frequency of Janus associated kinase 2 (JAK2) mutation in patients of BCRABL negative myeloproliferative neoplasms. Applied life sciences, 2, 235-40.
- Sag SO, Gorukmez O, Ture M, et al (2015). MMP2 gene-735 C/T and MMP9 gene -1562 C/T polymorphisms in JAK2V617F positive myeloproliferative disorders. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 443-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.2.443
- Sazawal S, Bajaj J, Chikkara S, et al (2010). Prevalence of JAK2 V617F mutation in Indian patients with chronic myeloproliferative disorders. Indian J Med Re, 132, 423-7.
- Tefferi A, Barbui T (2015). Polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia: 2015 update on diagnosis, riskstratification and management. Am J Hematol, 90, 162-73. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajh.23895
- Tefferi A (2013). Polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia: 2013 update on diagnosis, risk-stratification, and management. Am J Hematol, 88, 507-16. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajh.23417
- Thiele J, Kvasnicka HM, Orazi A, et al (2008). WHO classification of tumours of haemopoietic and lymphoid tissues. Lyon: Int Agen Res Cancer, 48.
- Varghese SJ, Bahey El, Din M, Al Hendi M, Kumar R (2013). Essential thrombocythaemia: a single institution experience of 16 years. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfu, 29, 139-46. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12288-012-0172-9
- Yang JJ, Chen H, Zheng XQ, et al (2015). Methylated alteration of SHP1 complements mutation of JAK2 tyrosine kinase in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasm. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 2219-25. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.6.2219
- Yonal-Hindilerden I, Daglar-Aday A, Akadam-Teker B, et al (2015). The burden of JAK2V617F mutated Aallele in Turkish patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms. J Clin Med Res, 7, 161-70. https://doi.org/10.14740/jocmr2047w
- Zhang ZR, Duan YC (2014). Interferon apha 2b for treating patients with JAK2V617F positive polycythemia vera and essential thrombocytosis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 1681-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.4.1681
- Correlation between JAK2 allele burden and pulmonary arterial hypertension and hematological parameters in Philadelphia negative JAK2 positive myeloproliferative neoplasms. An Egyptian experience vol.95, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00277-016-2765-0