- Volume 16 Issue 16
DOI QR Code
Hesa-A Down-Regulates erb/b2 Oncogene Expression and Improves Outcome of Oral Carcinoma in a Rat Model
- Abbasi, Mehran Mesgari (Drug Applied Research Center, Faculty of Advanced Medical Sciences, Tabriz branch Islamic Azad University) ;
- Mehdipour, Masoumeh (Department of Oral Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Monfaredan, Amir (Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, Tabriz branch Islamic Azad University) ;
- Jahanban-Esfahlan, Rana (Student Research Committee, Faculty of Advanced Medical Sciences, Tabriz branch Islamic Azad University)
- Published : 2015.11.04
Background: Oral carcinoma (OC) remains one of the most difficult malignancies to cure. Hesa-A is an Iranian herbal-marine compound that has shown promising anti-tumor properties against various human tumors. However, its mechanism of action remains to be addressed. The present study was conducted to evaluate the effect of two doses of Hesa-A on mRNA expression of erb
- Abbasi MM, Jahanban-Esfahlan R, Monfaredan A, et al (2014a). Oral and IV dosages of doxorubicin-methotrexate loadednanoparticles inhibit progression of oral cancer by downregulation of matrix methaloproteinase 2 expression in vivo. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 10705-11.
- Abbasi MM, Khiavi MM, Monfaredan A, et al (2014b). DOXMTX-NPs augment p53 mRNA expression in OSCC model in rat: effects of IV and oral routes. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 8377-82. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.19.8377
- Abbasi MM, Monfaredan A, Hamishehkar H, et al (2014c). New formulated “DOX-MTX-loaded nanoparticles” downregulate HER2 gene expression and improve the clinical outcome in OSCCs model in rat: the effect of IV and oral modalities. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 9355-60. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.21.9355
- Abbasi MM, Monfaredan A, Hamishehkar H, et al (2014d). Novel DOX-MTX nanoparticles improve oral SCC clinical outcome by down regulation of lymph dissemination factor VEGF-C expression in vivo: oral and IV modalities. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 6227-32. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.15.6227
- Abusail M, Dirweesh AM, Salih RA, et al (2013). Expression of EGFR and p53 in head and neck tumors among sudanese patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 6415-8 https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6415
- Ahmadi A, Habibi G, Farrokhnia M (2010a). Anticancer effects of HESA-A: an herbal marine compound. Chin J Integr Med, 16, 366-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11655-010-0517-x
- Ahmadi A, Mohagheghi M, Karimi M, et al (2009). Anticancer effects of HESA-A in patients with metastatic colon cancer. Integr Cancer Ther, 8, 71-4. https://doi.org/10.1177/1534735408327995
- Ahmadi A, Mohagheghi M, Karimi M, et al (2010b). Therapeutic effects of HESA-A in patients with end-stage metastatic cancers. Integr Cancer Ther, 9, 32-5. https://doi.org/10.1177/1534735409357934
- Ahmadi A, Mohagheghi MA, Fazeli MS, et al (2005). HESA-A: new treatment for breast cancer and choroidal metastasis. Med Sci Monit, 11, 300-3.
- Jahanban Esfahlan R, Zarghami N, Jahanban Esfahlan A, et al (2011a). The possible impact of obesity on androgen, progesterone and estrogen receptors (ERa and ERb) gene expression in breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer (Auckl), 227-37.
- Jahanban Esfahlan R, Zarghami N, Rahmati-Yamchi M, et al (2011b). Quantification of steroid receptors gene expression in breast cancer patients: possible correlation with serum level of adipocytokines. J Cancer Therapy, 2, 659-65. https://doi.org/10.4236/jct.2011.25088
- Jahanban Esfahlan R, Zarghami N, Valiyari S, et al (2012). Adiponectin can affect ER signaling in obese breast cancer patients. J Cancer Therapy, 3, 115-21 https://doi.org/10.4236/jct.2012.31015
- Khademi B, Khademi B, Ghaderi A, et al (2013). Early detection of serum levels of HER-2 in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Iran J Otorhinolaryngol, 25, 161-8.
- Lippman SM, Hong WK (2001). Molecular markers of the risk of oral cancer. N Engl J Med, 344, 1323-6. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM200104263441710
- Massano J, Regateiro FS, Januario G, et al (2006). Oral squamous cell carcinoma: review of prognostic and predictive factors. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod, 102, 67-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tripleo.2005.07.038
- Mehdipour M, Taghavi ZA, Mesgari AM, et al (2013a). Evaluation of the effect of two systemic doses of hesa-a on prevention of induced tongue neoplasm in rats. J Dent Res Dent Clin Dent Prospects, 7, 218-24.
- Mehdipour M, Taghavi Zenouz A, Mesgari Abbasi M, et al (2013b). Evaluation of the effect of two systemic doses of HESA-A on prevention of induced tongue neoplasm in rats. J Dent Res Dent Clin Dent Prospects, 7, 218-24.
- Mesgari Abbasi M, Moradzadeh Khiavi M, Monfaredan A, et al (2014). DOX-MTX-NPs augment p53 mRNA expression in OSCCs model in rat: the effect of IV and Oral dosages. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15.
- Valiyari S, Jahanban-Esfahlan R, Zare Shahneh F, et al (2013). Cytotoxic and apoptotic activity of Scrophularia oxysepala in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry, 95, 1208-20. https://doi.org/10.1080/02772248.2013.854362
- Zwetyenga N, Majoufre-Lefebvre C, Siberchicot F, et al (2003). [Squamous-cell carcinoma of the tongue: treatment results and prognosis]. Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac, 104, 10-7.
- Combination of nanotechnology with vascular targeting agents for effective cancer therapy vol.233, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1002/jcp.26051