- Volume 30 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of A New Methodology for Evaluating Nuclear Safety Culture
원자력 안전문화의 정량화 방법론 개발
- Jae, Moosung (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Han, Kiyoon (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2015.04.28
- Accepted : 2015.08.10
- Published : 2015.08.31
This study developed a Safety Culture Impact Assessment Model (SCIAM) which consists of a safety culture assessment methodology and a safety culture impact quantification methodology. The SCIAM uses safety culture impact index (SCII) to monitor the status of safety culture of the NPPs periodically and it uses relative core damage frequency (RCDF) to present the impact of safety culture on the safety of the NPPs. As a result of applying SCIAM to the reference plant (Kori 3), the standard for the healthy safety culture of the reference plant is suggested. SCIAM might contribute to improve the safety of the NPPs (Nuclear Power Plants) by monitoring the status of safety culture periodically and presenting the standard of healthy safety culture.
safety culture;PSA;minimal cutsets;risk;safety culture impact index;safety culture impact assessment model
Supported by : KETEP(Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning)
- K. Oien, "A Framework for the Establishment of Organizational Risk Indicators", Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol. 74, Issue 2, pp. 147-167, 2001 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8320(01)00068-0
- J. Reason, "Managing the Risks of Organizational Accidents", Aldershot, 1997.
- Q. Zhang, "A General Method Dealing with Correlations in Uncertainty Propagation in Fault Trees", Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol. 26, Issue 3, pp. 231-247, 1997.
- IAEA, "Managing Human Performance to Improve Nuclear Facility Operation, in Nuclear Energy Series", 2014.
- K. S. Park and J. I. Lee, "A New Method for Estimating Human Error Probabilities: AHP-SLIM", Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol. 93, Issue 4, pp. 578-587, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2007.02.003
- IAEA, "Development and Application of Level 1 Probabilistic Safety Assessment for Nuclear Power Plants", Specific Safety Guide No. SSG-3, 2010.
- KEPCO E&G, "Probabilistic Safety Assessments for Kori 3 Nuclear Power Plants", PSA Report, 2008.