- Volume 30 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Improvement of KOSHA 18001 Utilization in Construction Industry associated with the External Evaluator
외부 심사원을 통한 건설업 KOSHA 18001 활용도 개선에 관한 연구
- Lee, Jin Seop (Department of Safety Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Lee, Dong Yul (Department of Safety Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Oh, Tae Keun (Department of Safety Engineering, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2015.07.02
- Accepted : 2015.07.28
- Published : 2015.08.31
At the end of 2014, ordering organizations, 25 general contractors and 80 specialty contractors were certified by the KOSHA 18001 for the establishment of safety & health management system. However, safety management departments in the certified companies have been disrupted due to the financial difficulty and CEO's indifference, which has resulted in the cancellation of more than 30% of the certifications. Furthermore, the KOSHA 18001 due to the shortage of internal evaluators in KOSHA and the increase of applications for new certification & the extension of the certification is placed in a difficult situation in the near future. Therefore, it is necessary to enhance the KOSHA 18001 by solutions such as introducing outside evaluators, which is the key point of this study. This study was performed through the questionnaire survey & the interviews with the construction companies, ordering organization and KOSHA 18001 specialists The content is centered on the introduction of external evaluators. As a result, the introduction of external evaluators is necessary through amending certification regulation because only internal evaluators cannot afford to process all the new application and the extension of existing certifications.
- Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency, Current Situation of Construction KOSHA 18001 Accreditation, KOSHA, 2014
- K. T. Park and K. S. Son, "A Study on the Application Instance of KOSHA 18001 to Construction Firms," Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 86-93, 2004.
- J. S. Lee, M. G. Lee, D. Y. Lee and T. K. Oh, "A Study on the Improvement of Effectiveness of KOSHA 18001 in Construction Industry," Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 80-84, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.3.80
- M. G. Lee, B. H, Oh, M. J. Jeong, T. K. Oh and C. G. Song, "Research for the Effectiveness Improvement of KOSHA 18001 in Construction Industry", KOSHA, 2014.