- Volume 30 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of School Construction Work on the Learning Environment
교내 건설공사로 인한 학습환경 영향요인에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.05.12
- Accepted : 2015.07.22
- Published : 2015.08.31
The number of schools which have passed 30 years after the construction takes up 30% (5% falling to class D and E) in Korea. So, the offices of education across the nation conduct large works for the expansion, improvement and renovation of the school. But as the work takes a lot of time, the work is also conducted while the students are studying at the schools. The work at the school causes the noise, dust, vibration as the school often has the reinforced concrete structure. So, as the windows are closed to prevent the nuisance from hampering the education, the problems related to the illumination, ventilation, and control of humidity and temperature are give damages to students studying the school buildings. Actually, as the current renovation or expansion is conducted across the nation due to the implementation of the new education system and the resulting integration and construction of hub school, specialized school, meister school and it causes a lot of nuisance to the learning students and others, there are a lot of complaints from concerned people. Accordingly this study suggests the method of evaluating the factors which affect the learning environment such as the noise, dust or fine dust and reducing the nuisances to the level proper for the learning environment when the existing school is expanded, improved or renovated.
school construction work;learning environment;effect factor
- Korean Educational Statistics Service, 2014.
- Jeollanamdo Office of Education, "Index of Enforcement of Focal Point High School Education Facilities Projects", 2013-2014.
- National Spatial Data Center of Ministry of Government Legislation, "School Health Act", 2014.
- C. M Kim and I. W Park "A Development of a School Learning Environment Assessment Checklist" Journal of the Korean Association for Educational Methodology Studies, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp.637-657, 2012.
- Y. M. Jeong, "The Analysis on Sound Characteristics of Noise Emitted from Equipments in Construction Work Sites", The Master Thesis of Architectural Engineering, Kyonggi University, 2011.
- O. Kim and E. K. Rhee, "A Study on the Evaluation and Improvement of Luminous Environment in Schools", Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Sciety, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp.231-236, 2006
- J. U. Ryu, "A Study on the Measurement and Evaluation of IAQ in School Classroom", The Master Thesis of Architectural Engineering, Chungju University, 2008.