- Volume 30 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Survey Study on Job Stress for Construction sites Safety Managers
건설현장 안전관리자의 직무스트레스에 관한 조사 연구
- So, Han-sub (Hanjin Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd.) ;
- Oh, Ki-Taek (Hanjin Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd.) ;
- Park, Jongkeun (Korea Disaster & Safety Institute)
- Received : 2015.03.26
- Accepted : 2015.08.17
- Published : 2015.08.31
For the construction safety manager, it is expected that job stress is significantly high due to lack of expertise about new technology, new construction methods, and enlargement of scale as well as due to work intensity and unstable work hours. It is probable that such an increase in job stress not only has bad effects on individual, but also the bad effects spread to construction industry at large, resulting in rise in accident rate, increase in direct and indirect loss cost, and loss of reputation. In this context, methods for controlling construction safety manager's job stress are needed at the levels of both government and company. Therefore, this study investigated and analyzed the effects of construction safety manager's job stress on job satisfaction and job commitment, and proposed methods for relieving job stress. In addition, this study was suggested policies for higher job satisfaction and job commitment at the levels of the government and companies.
- S. s. Kim, "The Study on the Effect of Construction Employees's Stress Affect Job Satisfaction- Focused on Gwangju.Jeonnam Region -", Master's Thesis, Chosun Univeristy, pp. 81, 2012.
- H. -w. Ha, "Effect of Construction Employee's Stress for Job Satisfaction", Master's Thesis, Chung-Ang Univeristy, pp . 91-93, 2011.
- T. h. Jeong, "The Study of an Analysis on Job Stress of Affecting Safety and Management Performance for workers in the Construction Industry", Doctor's Thesis, Chosun Univeristy, pp. 95-96, 2009.
- C. h. Paek, "A Study on Job Stress and Job Satisfaction of Safety Manager in Manufacturing Industry", Master's Thesis, Seoul National University of Science & Technology, pp. 33, 2006.
- S. w. Lee, "Job Stress among Workere by Tasks", Master's Thesis, Inje University, pp . 22-23, 2003.
- H. -s. So, "A Study on Job Stress Analysis for Construction Safety Managers", Master's Thesis, Chung-Ang Univeristy, pp .39, 2013.
- B. -r. Bae, "Amos 17.0 Structural Equation Modeling - Theory and Practice", Chungrim Publishing Co. Ltd. pp. 215-277, 2009.