- Volume 30 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Method on Safety Assessment of Shell-type Roller Gate
쉘타입 로울러게이트의 안전성평가 방법
- Chung, Jee-Seung (Department of Railroad Civil Engineering, Dongyang University) ;
- Jung, Hae-Wook (Daum Engineering and Construction) ;
- Lim, Hyung-Taek (JH Engineering and Construction)
- Received : 2015.03.19
- Accepted : 2015.07.02
- Published : 2015.08.31
This paper was carried out to prove the relation between static loads acting on the sluice(hydrostatic) and dynamic loads (additional loads) arising from opening or closing of sluice, through measuring the operation of shell-type roller gate by using the method of measuring of the completely opening water gate, as measured from one excitation state, it was confirmed to be capable of measuring the natural frequency reliable measurement results. Throughout the test, we prove that it's a reasonable way to estimate the default margin of safety when calculated by dividing the sum of the hydrostatic stress to the maximum stress and additional stress. The application of this paper's safety estimation method can be utilized as the basic data for the systematic and rational maintenance management of dams and submerged weirs in the future, and it is expected that this study can bring forth.
- Korea Water Resources Association, "Rivers Design Criteria", 2009.
- Korea Water Resources Association, "Dam Design Criteria", pp.453-471, 2009.
- J. H. Jung and Y. N. Yoon, "Water Design Practice", Goominbook, pp. 403-405, 2009.
- B. Y. Choi, Y. D. Kim, H. W. Cho and M. S. Yang, "Floodgate Engineering" C.I.R, pp. 18-25, 2011.
- H. M. Westergaard, "Water Pressure on Dams during Earthquake", ASCET, No.1835, pp. 418-433, 1931.
- J. H. So, H. S. Jung and Y. G. Kim, "Evaluation of the Seismic Safely of Concrete Gravity Dams", Journal of Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol.6, No. 1, pp. 33-42, 2002. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2002.6.1.033
- J, J. Bae, "Development of Added Mass Calculation Methodology for the Dynamic Analysis of Dam Gate during Earthquake", Doctor's Thesis, Chungbuk National University, pp98-99, 2009.
- H. S. Kim, J. J. Bae, Y. G. Kim and J. H. Lee, "An Aded-mass Modification Method using Experimental and Numerical Frequency Analysis for Floodgate Subjected to Hydrodynamic Loading", Journal of Korea Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp.607-616, 2009.
- S. H. Lee and K.S.Jung, "Model Tests Study on Self-Excited Vibration of Tainter Gate", Journal of Korea Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 16, No. I-2, pp187-194, 1996.
- S. H. Lee, H. J. Kim, Y. J. Park, H. G. Ham and B. S. Kong, "Model Tests Study on Flow-induced Vibration of Truss Type Lift Gate" Journal of Korea Society of Agricultural Engineers, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp.35-41, 2011.
- P. C. F. Eridti, "Design of Hydraulic Gates", Taylor& Francis, 2007.