- Volume 30 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Measurement and Analysis of Ground Impedance according to Arrangement of Auxiliary Probe around Ground Grid
접지 그리드에서의 보조전극 배치에 따른 접지임피던스 측정 및 분석
- Gil, Hyoung-Jun (Electrical Safety Research Institute) ;
- Shong, Kil-Mok (Electrical Safety Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Young-Seok (Electrical Safety Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Chong-Min (Electrical Safety Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.07.01
- Accepted : 2015.08.06
- Published : 2015.08.31
This paper describes the measurement and analysis of ground impedance according to arrangement of auxiliary probe around ground grid using the fall-of-potential method and the testing techniques to minimize the measuring errors are proposed. The fall-of-potential method involves passing a current between a ground electrode and a current probe, and then measuring the voltage between a ground electrode and a potential probe. To minimize interelectrode influences due to mutual resistances, the current probe is a generally placed at a substantial distance from the ground electrode under test. In order to analyze the effects of ground impedance due to the arrangement of auxiliary probe and frequency, ground impedances were measured in case that the arrangements of auxiliary probe were straight line, perpendicular line, and horizontal line. The distance of current probe was located from 10[m] to 200[m] and the measuring frequency was ranged from 55[Hz] to 513[Hz]. As a consequence, the ground impedance increases with increasing the distance from the ground electrode to the point to be tested, but the ground impedance decreases with increasing the frequency.
- B. H. Lee et al., "The Major Foundational Technics for Grounding Systems", Uije, pp.65-99, 1999.
- H. J. Gil, D. W. Kim, D. O. Kim, K. Y. Lee and H. K. Kim, "Effects of Position of Auxiliary Probe on Ground Resistance Measurement Using Fall-of-Potential Method", International Journal of Safety, Vol.7, No.2, pp.1-6, 2008.
- IEEE Std 80-2000, "IEEE Guide for Safety in AC Substation Grounding", pp.8-29, 2000.
- IEEE Std 81.2-1991, "IEEE Guide for Measurement of Impedance and Safety Characteristics of Large, Extended or Interconnected Grounding Systems", pp.20-64, 1991.
- C. Wang, T. Takasima, T. Sakuta and Y. Tsubota, "Grounding Resistance Measurement Using Fall-of-Potential Method with Potential Probe Located in Opposite Direction to the Current Probe", IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol.13, No.4, pp.1128-1135, 1998.
- R. Zeng, J. He and Z. Guan, "Novel Measurement System for Grounding Impedance of Substation", IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol.21, No.2, pp.719-725, Apr. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2006.870980
- K. M. Michaels, "Earth Ground Resistance Testing for Low-Voltage Power Systems", IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, Vol.31, No.1, pp.206-213, Jan./Feb. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.363027
- IEEE Std 81-2012, "IEEE Guide for Measuring Earth Resistivity, Ground Impedance, and Earth Surface Potentials of a Grounding System", pp.5-30, 1991.
- Telecommunications Technology Association Standard, "Technical Standard for the Measurements of Grounding Resistance", Telecommunications Technology Association, pp.14-50, 2011.
- H. J. Gil and D. W. Kim, "Characteristics for Ground Impedance of Counterpoise according to Position of Auxiliary Probe and Frequency", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.27, No.4, pp.33-37, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2012.27.4.033
- H. J. Gil and D. W. Kim, "Relative Error Analysis for Measuring Value of Ground Resistance according to Position Variation of Potential Probe", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.23, No.2, pp.96-102, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2009.23.2.096
- H. J. Gil, D. W. Kim and H. K. Kim, "Research on New Idea Measuring Method of Ground Resistance using Tolerance Band", Proceedings of Spring Conference of the Korean Society of Safety, pp.16, 2011.