- Volume 30 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Fire Accident of Vehicle Due to Damage of the Vehicle's Electrical Components
차량 전장부품 손상으로 인한 차량화재 사고사례 분석
- Park, Nam-Kyu (National Forensic Service) ;
- Kim, Jin-Pyo (National Forensic Service) ;
- Nam, Jung-Woo (National Forensic Service) ;
- Sa, Seung-Hun (National Forensic Service) ;
- Song, Jae-Yong (National Forensic Service)
- Received : 2015.04.20
- Accepted : 2015.07.03
- Published : 2015.08.31
In this paper, we analyzed the vehicle fire accidents due to damage of vehicle's electrical components, which is applied to a vehicle. In recent development of electrical components technology, approximately 40% of vehicle manufacturing parts have applied electronic circuit technology. Phenomenon such deterioration of insulating performance or electric breakdown on the vehicle's electrical components and printed circuit boards(PCBs) resulted from moisture, contamination and aging due to repetitive operations, lead to the vehicle fire. Therefore, the application of electrical components with adequate electric capacity for vehicle and usage of molding techniques using a non-combustible materials to shut off the oxygen should be applied in order to prevent vehicle fire due to damage of the electrical components and PCBs.
- Statistics Korea, Automobile ownership data, 2013, http://www.nfds.go.kr
- National fire data system Korea, 2013 Fire Statistics, 2013. http://www.index.go.kr
- National Fire Protection Association, "NFPA 921 Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigation", 2008 Edition, pp. 189-200, 2008.
- N. -K. Park et al, "Analysis on Vehicle Fires Caused by Defect of Optionally Established Equipment", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 40-46, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2014.29.5.040
- J. -Y. Song et al., "Analysis on Vehicle Fires Caused by Damage of Diesel Particulate Filter(DPF)", Journal of Korea Institute of Fire Science Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 70-76, 2012.
- E. Lee, "A Study on Analysis on an Automotive Fire Case that Broke Out Due to an Electrical Cause during Engine Stopping", Trans. of Korean Society of Automotive Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 9-16, 2013.
- K. -Y. Kim, "Trends and Suggest Points of the Electrical of the Automotive Industry", Technology Plus Management, pp. 32-35, 2014.
- Y. -S. Kim and S. -H. Lee, "Technology Trends of Automotive Electronic Control Unit", Bulletin of The Korean Institute of Electrical and Electronic Material Engineering, Vol.17, No. 11, pp. 19-26, 2004.
- J. -Y. Song et al., "Is it Safe for Children School Bus?", Gyeonggi Research Institute, 2012.