- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Optimal Deployment of Sensor Nodes based on Performance Surface of Acoustic Detection
음향 탐지 성능지표 기반의 센서노드 최적 배치 연구
- Kim, Sunhyo (Department of Marine Sciences and Convergent Technology, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Woojoong (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Choi, Jee Woong (Department of Marine Sciences and Convergent Technology, Hanyang University) ;
- Yoon, Young Joong (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Park, Joungsoo (The 6th Research and Development Institute, Agency for Defense Development)
- 김선효 (한양대학교 해양융합과학과) ;
- 김우중 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 최지웅 (한양대학교 해양융합과학과) ;
- 윤영중 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 박정수 (국방과학연구소 제6기술연구본부)
- Received : 2015.03.13
- Accepted : 2015.09.04
- Published : 2015.10.05
The goal of this study is to develop an algorithm to propose optimal deployment of detection sensor nodes in the target area, based on a performance surface, which represents detection performance of active and passive acoustic sonar systems. The performance surface of the active detection system is calculated from the azimuthal average of maximum detection ranges, which is estimated with a transmission loss and a reverberation level predicted using ray-based theories. The performance surface of the passive system is calculated using the transmission loss model based on a parabolic equation. The optimization of deployment configurations is then performed by a hybrid method of a virtual force algorithm and a particle swarm optimization. Finally, the effectiveness of deployment configurations is analyzed and discussed with the simulation results obtained using the algorithm proposed in this paper.
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- Y. H. Kim, K. Chung, "A Node Deployment Strategy Considering Environmental Factors and the Number of Nodes in Surveillance and Reconnaissance Sensor Network," The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society, Vol. 36, No. 12, pp. 1670-1679, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2011.36B.12.1670
- J. Lee, M. Shon, and H. Choo, "Energy-Efficient Area Covering with Adjustable Range in WSN," Review of Korean Society for Internet Information, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 621-625, 2008.
- Y. Kim, H. Peter, "Energy-Aware Deploy Method for Mobile Sensors in Hybrid Sensor Network," Korea Computer Congress, Vol. 33, No. 2(D), pp. 791-795, 2006. 10.
- P. Dario, M. Tommaso, and F. A. Ian, "Three-Dimensional and Two-Dimensional Deployment Analysis for Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks," Ad Hoc Networks, Vol. 7, pp. 778-790, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2008.07.010
- P. Chengsheng, J. Liangchen, C. Ruiyan, and D. Yuanming, "Modeling and Simulation of Channel for Underwater Communication Network," International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, Vol. 8, No. 3(B), pp. 2149-2156, 2012.
- L. Hanjiang, G. Zhongwen, and D. Wei, "LDB : Localization with Directional Beacons for Sparse 3D Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks," Journal of Networks, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 28-38, 2010.
- M. Pamela, "Environmental and Statistical Performance Mapping Model for Underwater Acoustic Detection Systems," Ph. D. Dissertation, Univ. of New Orl. 2010.
- R. J. Urick, "Principles of Underwater Sound," 3rd edition, McGraw-Hill Book company, USA, pp. 17-29, 1983.
- A. D. Waite, "Sonar for Practising Engineers, 3rd edition," WILEY and SONS, UK, pp. 119-124, 2002.
- B. P. Michael, "Gaussian Beam Tracing for Computing Ocean Acoustic Fields," Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 82, No. 4, pp. 1349-1359, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.395269
- J. W. Choi, K. S. Yoon, J. Y. Na, J. S. Park, and Y. N. Na, "Shallow Water High-Frequency Reverberation Model," J. Acoust. Soc, Kr. 21, pp. 671-678, 2002.
- R. E. Keenan, "An Introduction to GRAB Eigenrays and CASS Reverberation and Signal Excess," Proc. MTS/IEEE Oceans 2000 Conf., Providence, Rhode Island, pp. 1065-1070, 2000.
- M. D. Collins, "User's Guide for RAM Versions 1.0 and 1.0p," Technical Report, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, pp. 1-14, 1995.
- B. P. Michael, "Acoustic Models and Sonar Systems," Journal of Ocean Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 425-437, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/48.262293
- S. Finette, R. Oba, C. Shen, T. Evans, "Acoustic Propagation under Tidally Driven, Stratified Flow," Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 121, No. 5, pp. 2575-2590, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.2713724
- C. Amante and B. W. Eakins, "Etopo1 Arc-Minute Global Relief Model : Procedures, Data Sources and Analysis," NOAA Technical Memorandum, NGDC(National Geophysical Data Center), 2009.
- M. R. Carnes, "Description and Evaluation of GDEM-V 3.0," Naval Research Laboratory, 2009.
- Y. Zou and K. Chakrabarty, "Sensor Deployment and Target Localization Based on Virtual Forces," Proc. IEEE INFOCOM 2003 Conf., pp. 1293-1303, 2003.
- Y. Yoo and D. P. Agrawal, "Mobile Sensor Relocation to Prolong the Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Networks," Vehicular Technology Conference Proceedings, pp. 193-197, 2008.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, "Particle Swarm Optimization," Neural Networks IEEE International Conference Proceedings, Vol. 4, pp. 1942-1948, 1995.