- Volume 28 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Determination of Degraded Properties of Vibrating Laminated Composite Plates for Different Layup Sequences
적층배열 변화에 따른 진동하는 복합재료 적층 구조의 미시역학적 물성변화 추정
- Kim, Gyu-Dong (Department of Civil Engineering, Andong National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Youl (Department of Civil Engineering, Andong National University)
- Received : 2015.09.30
- Accepted : 2015.10.29
- Published : 2015.10.31
This paper presents a method to detect the fiber property variation of laminated GFRP plates from natural frequency response data. The combined finite element analysis using ABAQUS and the inverse algorithm described in this paper may allow us not only to detect the deteriorated elements from the mirco-mechanical point of view but also to find their numbers, locations, and the extent of damage. To solve the inverse problem using the combined method, this study uses several natural frequencies instead of mode shapes in a structure as the measured data. Several numerical results show that the proposed system is computationally efficient in identifying fiber stiffness degradation for complex structures such as composites with various layup sequences.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Krawczuk, M., "Application of Spectral Beam Finite Element with a Crack and Iterative Search Technique for Damage Detection", Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol. 38, 2002, pp. 537-548. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-874X(01)00084-1
- Yang, J.C.S., Tsai, T., Pavlin, V., Chen, J., and Tsai, W. H., "Structural Damage Detection by the System Identification Technique", Shock and Vibration, Vol. 55, 1985, pp. 57-68.
- Rizos, P.F., Aspragathos, N., and Dimarogonas, A.D., "Identification of Crack Location and Magnitude in a Cantilever Beam from the Vibration Modes", J. Sound and Vibration, Vol. 138, 1990, pp. 381-388. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(90)90593-O
- Ostachowicz, W.M. and Krawczuk, M., "Analysis of the Effect of Cracks on the Natural Frequencies of a Cantilever Beam", J. Sound and Vibration, Vol. 150, 1991, pp. 191-201. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(91)90615-Q
- Ruotolo, R. and Shifrin, E.I., "Natural Frequencies of a Beam with Arbitrary Number of Cracks", J. Sound and Vibration, Vol. 222, No. 3, 1999, pp. 409-423. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1998.2083
- Salawu, O.S., "Detection of Structural Damage through Change in Frequency: A Review", Engng. Struct., Vol. 19, No. 9, 1997, pp. 718-723. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(96)00149-6
- Morassi, A. and Rollo, M., "Identification of Two Cracks in a Simply Supported Beam from Minimal Frequency Measurements," J. Sound and Vibration, Vol. 7, 2001, pp. 729-739.
- Holland, "Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems", Bradford Book, The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1991.
- Chou, J.H. and Ghaboussi, J., "Genetic Algorithm in Structural Damage Detection", Comput. Struct., Vol. 79, 2001, pp. 1335-1353. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(01)00027-X
- Au, F.T.K., Cheng, Y.S., Tham, L.G., and Bai, Z., "Structural Damage Detection Based on a Micro-genetic Algorithm Using Incomplete and Noisy Modal Test Data", J. Sound and Vibration, Vol. 259, No. 5, 2003, pp. 1081-1094. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.2002.5116
- Gudmudson, P., "The Dynamic Behaviors of Slender Structures with Cross Section Cracks", J. Mech. and Phys. of Solids, Vol. 31, No. 4, 1982, pp. 329-345. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(83)90003-0
- Christides, S. and Barr, A.D.S., "One-dimensional Theory of Cracked Bernulli-Euler Beams", I. J. Mechanics and Science, Vol. 26, No. 11/12, 1984, pp. 639-648. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7403(84)90017-1
- Hewitt R.L. and Malherbe, M.C., "An Approximation for the Longitudinal Shear Modulus of Continuous Fiber Composites", Journal of Composite Materials, 1970, pp. 280-282.
- Kim G.D., Rus G., and Lee S.Y., "Natural Frequency and Mode Characteristics of Composite Pole Structures for Different Layup Sequences", Journal of Korean Society for Advanced Composite Structures, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2013, pp. 9-14 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.11004/kosacs.2013.4.1.009
- Determination of Degraded Fiber Properties of Laminated CFRP Flat Plates Using the Bivariate Gaussian Distribution Function vol.29, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7234/composres.2016.29.5.299
- Nonlinear Finite Element Crash Analysis of Guardrail Structures Using Supports Made of Composite Materials vol.29, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7234/composres.2016.29.6.363