- Volume 48 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
State Indicator of Water Quality for Surface Water and Groundwater in Agriculture
- Kim, Min-Kyeong ;
- Jung, Goo-Bok ;
- Ro, An-Sung ;
- Choi, Seung-Chul ;
- Choi, Won-Il ;
- Kim, Eun-Jeong ;
- Lee, Jong-Eun ;
- Yun, Yeo-Uk ;
- Kim, Kab-Cheol ;
- Ko, Do-Young ;
- Kim, Byeong-Ho ;
- Kim, Hyeon-Ji ;
- Park, Sang-Jo ;
- Lee, Seong-Tae ;
- Heo, Jae-Young ;
- Yang, Sang-Ho ;
- Kang, Seong-Soo
- Received : 2015.09.14
- Accepted : 2015.10.21
- Published : 2015.10.31
Indicators of environmental conditions qualitatively and quantitatively describe the state of the environment and natural resources, and the OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) has initiated and suggested AEIs (Agri-Environmental Indicators) to assess trends over time of the effects of agriculture on the environment and the effectiveness and efficiency of agricultural and environmental policy measures since 1990's. This study aims to develop the state indicators of water quality for agricultural water, surface and groundwater, to evaluate the environmental impacts of agricultural activities and policies by qualifying the environmental levels of a nation. Status indicators were calculated according to the agricultural water quality standards of OECD and Korea, and their trends were analyzed over time. Particularly, nitrate (
Surface water;Groundwater;State indicator;Water quality
- FAO. 1997. Management of Agricultural Drainage Water Quality.
Hedal, H.M. and K. Mengel. 1981. Interaction between light intensity and NaCl salinity and their effects on growth,
$CO^2$assimilation and photosysthate conversion in young broad beans. Plant Physiol. 67:999-1210. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.67.5.999
- Hiroshi I. and T. Akiya. 1978. Effect of chlorine on growth and quality of tobacco. JARQ. 12:1-12.
- Kim, B.Y. 1988. Water pollution and agriculture. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 7:153-169.
- Kim, C.G. and T.Y. Kim. 2005. Directions for linkages between policy measures and the OECD agricultural environmental indicators. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 24: 303-313. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2005.24.3.303
- Kim, J.H., C.M. Choi, J.S. Lee, S.G. Yun, J.T. Lee, K.R. Cho, S.J. Lim, S.C. Choi, G.J. Lee, Y.S. Kwon, K.C. Kyung, M.J. Uhm, H.K. Kim, Y.S. Lee, C.Y. Kim, S.T. Lee, and J.S. Ryu. 2008. Characteristics of groundwater quality for agricultural irrigation in plastic film house using multivariate analysis. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 27:1-9. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2008.27.1.001
- Kim, M.K., S.I. Kwon, G.B. Jung, S.C. Hong, M.J. Chae, S.G. Yun, and K.H. So. 2013. Small-scale pond effects on reducing pollutants load from a paddy field. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 32:347-350.
- Knox, E.D. and W. Moody. 1991. Influence of hydrology, soil properties and agricultural land use on nitrogen in groundwater. In managing nitrogen for groundwater quality and farm profitability. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. pp.19-57.
Ko, J.Y., J.S. Lee, M.T. Kim, C.S. Kim, U.G. Kang, and H.W. Kang. 2005. Effects of farming practice and
$NO_3$-N contents of groundwater with different locations under intensive greenhouse area. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 24: 261-269. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2005.24.3.261
- Lee, Y.H., S.T. Lee, S.D. Lee, and Y.B. Kim. 2005. Chemical characteristics of soil and groundwater in plastic film house fields under fertigation system. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 24:326-333. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2005.24.4.326
- Ministry of Environment. 2011. Standard methods of water sampling and analysis, Ministry of Environment, Incheon, Korea.
- National Institute of Environmental Research. 2013. A study on long-term water quality assessment (I). NIER-RP2013-297. Ministry of Environment, Incheon, Korea.
- OECD. 2001. Environmental Indicators for Agriculture, Volume 3: Methods and Results. OECD Publishing.
- OECD. 2006. Environmental Indicators for Agriculture, Volume 4: Draft Report Chapter 6. OECD Publishing.
- An, Y.J., W.M. Lee, and C.G. Yoon. 2006. Evaluation of Korean water quality standards and suggestion of additional water parameters. Korean J. Limnol. 39:285-295.
- APAH-AWWA-WEF. 1992. Standard methods for the examination of water and waste water. 18th APHA.
- OECD. 2008. Environmental Performance of Agriculture in OECD countries since 1990. OECD Publishing.
- OECD. 2013. OECD Compendium of Agri-environmental Indicators. OECD Publishing.
- Rural Research Institute. 2004. A study on the effects of pollution of agricultural water on rice culture. Korea Rural Community Corporation.
- Soffer, H. and D.W. Burger. 1988. Effects of dissolved oxygen concentrations in aero-hydroponics on the formation and growth of adventitious roots. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 113: 218-221.
- Toda, M. 1969. Excess nitrogen and crop damage, Agriculture and Pollution, Conservation of water quality in agricultural water, Earth Press. pp.173-214. (In Japanese).
- USDA, Salinity Staff. 1953. Saline and Alkaline Soils. USDA HB60. pp.160.
Grant : 농업용수 수질 변동평가