- Volume 21 Issue 4
Influences of Dietary Education Activity on Education Satisfaction and Self-Respect
식생활 교육활동이 교육만족도와 자아존중감에 미치는 영향
- Han, Ji-Soo (Dept. of Restaurant Management, Korea Tourism College) ;
- Kim, Sung-Soo (Dept. of Korean Master-Work Culinary Arts, Incheon Jaeneung University) ;
- Go, Mi-Ae (Dept. of Foodservice & Culinary Management, Kyonggi University)
- Received : 2015.07.05
- Accepted : 2015.08.11
- Published : 2015.08.31
This study investigated dietary education and education satisfaction from the perspectives of academic ability improvement, psychological-emotional development, and self-respect. For this reason, empirical analysis was performed on the relationship between dietary education activity, education satisfaction, and self-respect. The purpose of this study is to appreciate the importance of dietary education, to focus the attention of researchers on dietary education and to provide fundamental materials. The results drawn from analysis are as follows. Firstly, it was discovered that the degree of dietary education has positive relationships with both academic ability improvement, and psychological/emotional development. Secondly, self-respect has positive relationships with academic ability improvement, and psychological/emotional development in terms of education satisfaction. Thirdly, after analyzing the influences of dietary education activity on self-respect, it was indicated that self-respect has a positive relationship with dietary education activity. Therefore, continuous and consistent dietary education needs to be performed at home, as well as at school, at the national level to establish appropriate dietary knowledge to teenagers, rather than simply delivering knowledge. It is also suggested that the education that can form self-respect be required.
- Anderson JR (1985). Cognitive Psychology and its Implication, W. H. Freeman.
- Baek HY (2000). Korea, growing children and adolescents, the quality of the risk factors evaluated by the Food and chronic disease. Department of Health and Human Services National Health Promotion Research Business Report.
- Bandura A, Schunk DH (1981). Cultivating competence, self-efficacy, and intrinsic interest through proximal self-motivation. Journal of Personality and Socail Psychology 41:586-598. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1246
- Bandura A (1977). Self efficacy toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological review 84:191-215. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Cho EY (2010). A Study on Learning Factors and Self-accomplishment of Culinary Taste Sense Education. MA. Thesis, Kyonggi University.
- Cho JM (1995). Study on Utilization of Fast Food and Eating Habits of Middle School Students. MA. Thesis, Chung-Ang University.
- Choe HS, Choe HJ, Hong GU, Kim BS, Choi HR (1996). A study on health behaviors of college freshmen. Korean Academy of Family Medicine 17(8):633-641.
- Choi HR (2011). The Effects of Maternal Parenting Stress on their Children's Self-Esteem and Aggression, MA. Thesis, Daegu University.
- Chung ES (1999). (The) Effect of Cooking Activity Program on the Child's Science Conception and Nutrition Knowledge Conception. MA. Thesis, Myongji University.
- Coopersmith S (1967). The Acceptance of Self Esteem, W. H. Freeman & Co, SanFrancisco.
- Gang MS, Lee EH, Chyun JH (2006). A study on the Korean traditional food consumption of the elementary school children in urban and rural area. Journal of the Korean Society of Dietary Culture 21(4):357-365.
- Je MH (2012). Social Support, Self-Esteem of Major Effecton Empowerment of Students in Nursing. MA. Thesis, Ajou University.
- Kang HK (2007). Middle School's Nutritional Education of Technology-home Economics and Students' Dietary Behavior, MA. Thesis, Han- Yang University.
- Kang MS (2012). The Effects of Brain Education Humanity-Program on the Self-Esteen and Ego- Identity of Teenagers. MA. Thesis, Sangji University.
- Kim ES (2009). Practices and implications for dietary guidelines for a healthy and independent life. Research Institute for Gangwon.
- Kim JH (2010). (The) Effect of Dietary Life Units Education on Middle School Students' Diet Habit (Frequency of Intake from Each Food Group) and Their Attitude toward TV Food Advertisements. MA. Thesis, Kangwon Nationa University.
- Kim KM (2010). A Comparison of Educational Satisfaction and Self-respect of Rural Elementary School Children Provided with and without Annual Day Care Programs:Focus on Gyeongsangnamdo. Ph. D. Thesis, Changwon National University.
- Koo JO, Kim GW, Kim CG, Park DY, Park HR, Yoon EY (2007). Theory and Practice of Nutrition Education. Powerbook.
- Lee IJ (2000). A Study on the Interest of the Body Weighting Control, Nutrition Knowledge and Dietary Attitude of the Middle School Students. MA. Thesis, Chon Buk University.
- Lee JS (2003). The effects of gender, obesity rate, nutrition knowledge and dietary attitude on the dietary self-efficacy of adolescents. The Korean Society of Community Nutrition 8(5):652- 657.
- Lee MH (1996). A Study on Status of Dietary Behavior by School Children of Elementary School : Data based on Dietary Habit and Food Preference. MA. Thesis, Sookmyung Women's University.
- Lee SS (2006). The Effect of the Cooking Activity Based on the Constructivism on Preschool Children's Science Process Skill and Scientific Attitudes. MA. Thesis, Chung-Ang University.
- Lee YL (2013). A Study on the Trustin Organizational & Trustin Supervisoron Psychological Contract Breach of Irregular Employees in Food Service Industry. MA. Thesis, Kyonggi University.
- Min EH (2012). Effect of GREEN Dietary Life Program on Elementary School Student's Perception about Health, Environment and Consideration. MA. Thesis, Chung-Buk University.
- Oh YU (2005). Nutrition for infants and toddlers creative cooking activities on the creativity of children. The Korea Association of Child Care and Education 24.
- Richard EM, Paul HP (1973). Primary Cultures of Dissociated Sympathetic Neurons I. Establishment of Long-term Growth in Culture and Studies of Differentiated Properties. The Fockefeller University Press, 59(2):329-345.
- Rosenberg M (1965). Society and The Adolescent Self-image. Princeton, N.J.: Princenton University Press.
- Ryu IY (2001). Recognition of the Men and Women of the Middle School Home Economics Cooking Training Experience. Awareness and Participation in Comparative Studies. MA. Thesis, Seoul National University.
- Seok TM (2009). Dietary Education Act and Applicable Regional Plan. Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute. 21.
- Sohn HS, Hwang IS (1990). Focused on the dietary life unit: a study on the level of learning achievement by teaching method on the subject of home economics in . Korean Home Economics Education Association 2(1):101-110.
- Special Commission on Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Policies(2007). Dietary Education. Before It's Too Late. Seoul.
- Yoon HR (2010). College Students' Dietary Behavior for Processed Foods and the Level of Perception on Food Nutrition Labeling System according to the Level of Nutrition Knowledge. MA. Thesis, SangJi University.