- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Development Study on an Engine Control Module of an Electronic Marine Diesel Engine
전자식 선박디젤엔진의 엔진제어기 개발/연구
- Received : 2015.08.29
- Accepted : 2015.10.06
- Published : 2015.10.31
A control program of an engine control module (ECM) was developed, and its control performance was verified on a 750Ps marine diesel engine. The control method was designed for an engine rotational speed control system. For ECM hardware, the commercial rapid control prototype (RCP) ECM was used. The programming tool for control algorithm development was the MatLab/Simulink. The main control algorithm assembled many control models as engine cranking, run, and stall. Each model has sub-models to input/output control signals. The target engine speed was input signal from a speed control lever, and control output signal of the ECM was sent to the unit-injectors for fuel injection. The engine test was performed under various conditions of engine rotational speeds and dynamometer loads. The test results show that the control function of the ECM is suitable for electrical marine diesel engines.
Marine Diesel Engine;Engine Control Module;Speed Control System;Control Algorithm;Unit-Injector
- Tsai, S. C. and Goyal, M. R., "Dynamic Turbocharged Diesel Engine Model for Control Analysis and Design", SAE paper No. 860455, pp. 1-6, 1986.
- Lee J. K., Kim D. I., and Kim M. S., "Development of DEUI System for Diesel Engines", KSAE Autumn Conference, pp. 350-355. 2000.
- Woodward, J. B. and Latorre, R. G., "Modeling of Diesel Engine Transient Behavior in Propulsion Analysis", Transactions - Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, Vol. 92, pp. 33-49, 1984.
- Ha J. S. and Oh S. J., "Design of Intelligent Speed Control System for Marine Diesel Engines", J. of the Korean Society of Marine Engineers, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 414-420, 1997.
- Jung C. J., Han M. C., Ha I. C., Yang S. Y., Chung H. S., and Kim S. Y., "Robust Controller Design for the Speed Control of Underwater Vehicle Diesel Engine", J. of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 68-78, 2000.
- Ryu S. H., Kim Y. T., and Kim S. S., "PID Speed Controller for Medium Speed Diesel Engine", Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, Proceedings of KFIS Busan, Winter Annual Conference, Vol. 13, pp. 95-98, 2005.
- So M. O., Park J. S., Lee Y. H., Yoon H. J., and Cho J. J, "Speed Control of Marine Main Diesel Engine using RCGA", Proceedings of Spring Conference, Korean Society of Marine Engineers, pp.151-157, 2003.
- Sim H. S., "A Study for Development of a Marine Diesel Engine from a 500Ps Commercial Vehicle Diesel Engine", Journal of KSMPE, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 125-131, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2013.12.6.125