- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analytical Study on the Structural Strength of an Air Compressor for Main Engine Starting of 22000TEU Class Container Ships
22000TEU급 컨테이너선박의 메인 엔진 시동용 공기압축기의 구조 강도 해석에 관한 연구
- Kim, Soon-Kyoung (Department of Automobile, Dong-Eui Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Jin-Woo (Department of Material Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University)
- Received : 2015.06.16
- Accepted : 2015.08.05
- Published : 2015.10.31
The compressor is used for many fields not only in the industrial sector, but also as a general household product. The energy consumption required for the compressor operation is very large. The reciprocation compressor is widely used as an air compressor. Regarding the reciprocating air compressor, the discharge of the gas compacted by the method of compressing the gas by using the oscillation of the piston is generated by the piston reciprocation 1 church 1 number. When compressing after compressing the air by the oscillation of the piston, the marine reciprocating air compressor is the vibration generated in the compressor and surrounding structure due to the energy of the generated inertia. If the effect of these harmful elements can be reduced, it supports the service of the vessel. In addition, accidents generated by the noise of the vibration can be prevented. Therefore, in this research, firstly, the structural analysis of the piston part was performed, the safety factor in all results was drawn based upon this, and the reliability of the interpretation was examined in order to create the optimal design for the air compressor.
- Kim, H. J., Cho, K. M. and Ko. W., "Performance Analysis of an Orbiter Air Compressor," Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 8, pp. 754-763, 2005.
- Kim, S. K. and Kim, M. K., "Development of Aluminium Alloy for Piston of Air Compressor," J. of KSMPE, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 9-16, 2008.
- Kim, T. J., "Dynamic Behavior Analysis of a Crankshaft-Bearing System in Variable Speed Reciprocating Compressor," J. of KSTLE, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 426-434, 2001.
- Kim, Y. H., "Study on Conceptual Design of Pressure Vessel to Transport CNG and CO2," J. of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 27, No.1, pp. 51-28, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2013.27.1.051
- Kim, Y. T., A study on the three dimensional stress analysis and failure of O-ring, A Thesis for a Master, Yeungnam University, Republic of Korea, 2009.
- Lee, J. W., Kim, Y. H., Kang, Y. G. and Lee, S. H., "Evaluation of Performance in Semi-Open Type Impeller by Duplex Stainless Material for Ballast Water Centrifugal Pump," J. of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 28, No.4, pp. 345-350, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2014.28.4.345
- Kim, H. W. and Cho, K. J., "A Study for the Prediction of a Tire Cornering Characteristics using a Finite Element Method," Transactions of the KSAE, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 151-162, 1998.
- Ko, Y. H., Optimum Design of Tunnel Actuator using Finite Element Method and Response Surface Method, A Thesis for a Master, Hoseo University, Republic of Korea, 2012.