- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
CAE/CFD Analysis and Design of High-Pressure Drop Control Valve for Offshore Project
해양플랜트용 고차압 제어밸브의 해석 및 설계
- Jang, Sung Cheol (Korea Aviation Polytechnic College, Dept. of Aviation Mechatronics) ;
- Park, Tae-Soo (Korea Aviation Polytechnic College, Dept. of Aviation Mechatronics) ;
- Hur, Nam-Soo (Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technolgy, Department of Mechanical Engineering) ;
- Kim, In-Whan (Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technolgy, Department of Mechanical Engineering)
- Received : 2015.01.29
- Accepted : 2015.09.07
- Published : 2015.10.31
In this study, the multi-disk of a high-pressure drop control valve is designed and manufactured. Then, the flow rate and high-pressure drop of fluids flowing in the high-pressure drop control valve is CAE/CFD. This study involves numerical analysis for the Zambil offshore project of a high-pressure drop control valve. ANSYS used a solver for offshore structures analysis. A high-pressure drop control valve, which transforms the power transfer of a system by reducing the inlet pressure of 345bar to the outlet pressure of 112bar, is a fundamental component in the offshore process. This study not only analyzes the relation between pressure drop and fluid velocity in a trim by using fluid analysis, but also examines the possibility of cavitation in a valve in addition to the plot for the extension of lifespan. It is demonstrated that the pressure drop from 345bar to 112bar is more feasible in the presence of the trim, which can induce a continuous and diminutive pressure drop in order to prevent cavitation in a high-pressure drop control valve.
- Lee, C. W. and Jang, S. C., "A Fundamental Study on Offshore Structures of High Pressure Control Valve," J. KSMTE, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 883-888 2010.
- Rahmeyer, W. J., Miller, H. L., and Sherikar, S. V., "Cavitation Testing Result for a Tortuous Path Control Valve," in Cavitation and Multiphase Flow (Edited by J. Katz and Y. Matsumoto), American Society of Mechanical Engineers, FED-Vol. 210, pp. 62-66. 1995.
- Seo J. H., Moon Y. j. and Shin B. R., "Prediction of Cavitating Flow Noise by Direct Numerical Simulation," J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 227, No. 13, p. 6511-6531, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2008.03.016
- Kim D. K., Shon C.H., "A Numerical Study on Anti-Cavitation of Globe-Valve Trim With High Pressure Drop," Proceedings of KSME 2010 Spring Annual Meeting, p. 3000-3003. 2010.
- Mills, A. F., Heat Transfer, Sencond Edition, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1999.
- ASME, ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Part D, 2004.
- Philip, L. S., and Skousen, P. L., Valve Handbook, Valtek International, 2006.
- EPRI, Guide for the Application & Use of Valves inch Power Plant, NP-6516(PN2233-5), 2011.
- Development of a System to Convert a 3D Mesh Model in STL Format into OBJ Format vol.17, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.3.078