- Volume 6 Issue 5
This study has been conducted for the purpose of elucidating the factors that are affecting the job performances and how this factors have affected the satisfactory of medical record technicians working at general hospitals in south Korea. This study had 428 participants from 60 general hospitals, located in Seoul and 4 different metropolitan cities such as Incheon, Daegu, Gwangju and Daejeon. This study was performed through using the standardized self-administered questionnaires As a result, the job satisfaction had a significant relationship with the participants monthly income, age, position of the job, BMI, satisfactory in performances, consideration of changing the career, having a breakfast regular exercises, and having a perception on socioeconomic status of oneself. Particularly, the hierarchical multiple regression analysis had shown that possessing the appropriate characteristics that are required in that field of career had a high correlation with the job satisfactory. In the future, this study suggests that need of appropriate interventions of work-related characteristics are required in order to improve the job satisfaction of medical record technicians.
General hospital;Medical record technicians;job satisfaction;work-related characteristic.health related characteristics
- S. H. Yun, "A study on role charge of medical recorders in the environment of information. Graduate School of Public Health", Inje University, Master's thesis, 2010.
- H. J. Lee, "A Study on the Determinants of Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment". Master's thesis: Graduate School of Ewha Womans University, 1994.
- A. S. Park, Y. C. Cho, "Analysis of the related factors on job satisfaction in nursing officers using the structural equation model", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No, 10, pp. 4502-4512, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.10.4502
- I. S. Oh, "A Study of the duty-related satisfaction level of the administrative staffs in private universities". Master's thesis: Graduate School of Education Hanyang University, 1999.
- C. H. Ellenbecker, F. W. Porell, L. Samia J. J. Byleckie, M. Milburn, "Predictors of home healthcare nurse retention". J Nurs Scholarsh. Vol. 40, No, 2, pp. 151-160, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2008.00220.x
- H. Aiken, S. P. Clarke, D. M. Sloan, J. Sochalski, J. H. Silbe, "Hospital nurse staffing and patient mortality, nurse burnout, and job dissatisfaction". JAMA. Oct 23-30;Vol. 288, No, 16, pp. 1987-1993, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.16.1987
- Y. J. Yu, S.W. Hung, Y. K. Wui, L. C. Tsai, . .M. Wang, C. J. Lin, "Job satisfaction and quality of life among hospital nurses in the Yunlin-Chiayi area". Hu Li Za Zhi Apr;Vol. 55, No, 2, pp. 29-38, 2008.
- S. A. Park, S. N. Yun, "Measurement of job satisfaction of nurses and health workers in health centers". Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Vol. 22, No, 3, pp. 316-324, 1991.
- M. A. Blegen, "Nurse job satisfaction. A meta-analysis of related variables". Nursing Reserch, Vol. 42, No, 1, pp.36-41, 1993.
- J. H. Jeong, J. S. Kim, K. H. Kim, "The risk factors influencing turnover intention of nurses". Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 14, No, 1, pp.35-44, 2008.
- WHO, "The Asia-Pacific Perspective: Redefining Obesity and Its Treatment. Sydney, Australia", Health Communications Australia Pty Ltd, 2000.
- R. M. Pavalko, "Sociology of occupations and professions". Itasca, IL: F.E. Peacock Publishers Inc, 1971.
- H. S. Kim, M. S. Kim, "Present condition and task of specialized job qualification system". Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training, 2003.
- D. B. Slavitt, P. L. Stamps, E. . Piedmont, A. M. B. Haase, "Nurses satisfaction with their work situation". Nurs Res. Mar-Apr;Vol. 27, No, 2, pp.114-120, 1978.
- Y. J. Han, "A study on job stress, treatment method and job contentment. -with workers in university hospital in the center- Graduate School of Public Administration", Yeungnam University, Master's thesis, 2009.
- O. T. Kim, S. H. Lee, "Relations of professionality awareness to empowerment and job satisfaction among instructors in sport for all". The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 49, No,6, pp.4734-483, 2010.
- B. O. Min, "A study on the job satisfaction of medical recorders. Graduate School of Public Health", Seoul National University, Master's thesis, 1985.
- J. Y. Oh, "Determinants of job satisfaction of medical record technicians. Graduate School of Public Health", Yonsei University, Master's thesis, 2010.
- R. H. Kang, "A study of the child care teacher's professional recognition and self-efficacy on job satisfaction". The Journal of Vocational Education Research, Vol. 25, No1, pp71-88, 2006.
- S. M. Cho, "Professional job perception, job stress and job satisfaction of hairdressers practicing in beautician shops". Graduate School of Chungnam National University, Doctor's thesis, 2005.
- A. S, Park, Y. C. Cho, "Analysis of the related factors on job satisfaction in nursing officers using the structural equation model". Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No10, pp4502-4512, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.10.4502
- E. H. Kim, Y. C. Cho, "Job satisfaction and related factors among nursing officers". Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society,Vol. 13, No7, pp3112-3122, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.7.3112
- T. S. Shin, Y. C. Cho, "Professional job perception and job satisfaction, and its related factors among medical recorders engaged in general hospitals". Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No,7, pp4258-4271, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4258
- The Effects of Workplace Incivility, Burnout and Teacher Efficacy on Job Satisfaction in Nursery Teachers vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.371
- A Convergence Study about Influences of Self-efficacy and Mindfulness on Job Satisfaction on General Hospital Nurses vol.7, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.107
- A Study on the Effect of Cooperative Industrial Relations on Trust and Commitment vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.137