- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Depressive disposition by Convergence approach of Leisure History and Family situation in Elderly Women
융복합적 접근을 통한 여성노인의 여가력, 가족상태에 따른 우울경향성 연구
- Received : 2015.08.17
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.31
The purpose of this study is to convergence approach analyse the depression tendency by family situation and leisure history in the elderly who live in town house in Gyeonggi-do. This study analysed factors such as family situation, leisure history related to the depression tendency. This study selected 20 elderly people over 65 as research subjects and all data analysis was to conduct analyze by multi-variables independent t-test and one-way ANOVA. The results of GDS showed 11 people(55%) presented with mild depression tendency(M=13.0) and 1 person(5%) showed severe depression tendency. 11 out of 30 questions in GDS had a significant difference among the depression degree. Individual disease type had a significant difference in depression tendency statistically(F(3, 16)=4.534, p<.05). Past leisure satisfaction among total leisure history factors had a significant difference in depression tendency(F(2,17)=3.989, p<.05). The participants whose leisure activity was absent in the past and present showed a regressive depression tendency. Participants with no social companions also presented with the same. The study concluded to grasp the real condition of depression, and make practical alternatives for that, multilateral depression tendency analysis using diverse methods are necessary in the near future for improving reliability of tools.
Elderly women;Depression disposition;Family situation;Leisure history;Convergence approach
- Hyun-soo Kim, Seung-kwon Hyun, "Effectiveness of exercise training for a short period on functional fitness and depression in the frail elderly" Journal of the Korean society of living environmental system, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 122-128. 2004.
- Lee Seung-Hwan, Jeong, Young-Jo,"Elderly Depression"Korean Medical Article, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 379-385. 2002.
- Blazer, D., Hugher, D. C., & George L. K, "The epidemiology of depression in an elderly community population"Gerontologist, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 281-287. 1987. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/27.3.281
- Shin, J. H., Do, Y. K., Maselko, J., Brouwer, R. J., Song, S. W., & Qstbye, T, "Predictors of and health services utilization related to depressive symptoms among elderly Koreans"Soc Sci Med, Vol. 75, No. 1, pp. 179-185. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2012.03.012
- Hyun Joo Lee, Sang Kyoung Kahng, Jun Young Lee, "The Effects of Socioeconomic Position and Health Behavior on Geriatric Depressive Symptom"The korean Gerontological society, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 1129-1145. 2008
- Stek, M. L., Vinkers, D. J., Gussekloo, J., Beekman, A. T. F., van er Mast, R. C, & Westendrop, R. G. J, "Is depression in ola age fatal only when people feel lonely?"American Journal of Psychiatry, Vol. 162, pp. 178-180. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.162.1.178
- Chi, I. & Chou K, "Social support and depression among elderly chinese people in Hong Kong" The international Journal of Aging and Human Development, Vol. 52, No. 3, pp. 231-252. 2001. https://doi.org/10.2190/V5K8-CNMG-G2UP-37QV
- Teaff, J. L. Leisure service with the elderly. St. Louis, MI: Times Mirror Mosby Colleage Pub. 1985.
- Fine, J, "The effect of leisure activity on depression in the elderly: Implications for the field of occupational therapy"Vol. 13, No. 1, No. 45-59. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/J003v13n01_04
- Scarmeas, N., Levy, G, Tang, X, Manly, J. & Stern, Y, "Influence of leisure activity on the incidence of Alzheimer's Disease"Neurology, Vol. 57, No. 12, pp. 2236-2242. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.57.12.2236
- Angeleri, F., Angeleri, V. A., Foschi, N., Giaquinto, S., & Nolfe, G, "The influence of depression, social activity, and family stress on functional outcome after stroke"Stroke, Vol. 24, pp. 1478-1483. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.24.10.1478
- Fitzpatrick, T. R., Spiro, A., Kressin, N. R., Greene E., & Boss, R,"Leisure activities, stress, and health among ing bereaved and non-bereaved elderly men: The normative aging study"Journal of Death and Dying, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 217-245. 2001. https://doi.org/10.2190/GU4Q-8W3E-21DE-0QFA
- Stek, M. L., Vinkers, D. J., Gussekloo, J., Beekman, A. TF, van er Mast, R. C, & Westendrop, R. GJ. "Is depression in ola age fatal only when people feel lonely?"American Journal of Psychiatry, 162. 178-180. 2005 https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.162.1.178
- Hyun Joo Lee, Sang Kyoung Kahng, Jun Young Lee The Effects of Socioeconomic Position and Health Behavior on Geriatric Depressive Symptom"Korea Gerontological society, 28(4), 1129-1145. 2008
- Kwon mun bae,"Leisure Behavior and Theories of Aging: Life in a Continuing Care Retirement Community"Korea Alliance for physical education, recreation and dance, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 257-266. 2002.
- Young Mi Jung, "Health Status and Associated Factors of Depression according to Depression in Elderly Women"The korean Gerontological society, 27(1):71-86. 2007.
- Alexopoulos, G. Depression in the elderly. The Lancet. Vol. 365, pp. 1961-1970. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)66665-2
- Yesavage, J. A., Brink, T. L., Rose, T. L., Lum, O., Huang, V., Adey, M., & Leirer, V. O, "Development and validation of a geriatric depression screening scale: a preliminary"J Psychiatr Res, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 37-49. report. 1982. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3956(82)90033-4
- Kleiber D. A., Reel H. A., & Hutchinson S. L, "When distress gives way to possibility: the relevance of leisure in adjustment to disability"Neuro-Rehabilitation, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 321-328. 2008.
- Hutchinson, S. L, Loy, D. P., Kleiber, D.A., & Dattilo, J, "Leisure as a coping resource: variations in coping with traumatic injury and illness"Leisure sciences, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 143-161. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/01490400306566
- Husaini, B. A., Moore, S. T., Caster, R. S., Neser, W. Linn J. G., &Griffin, D, "Social density, stressors and depression: Gender differences among the black elderly"Journal of Gerontology, Vol. 46, No. 5, pp. 236-242. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/46.5.P236
- Bong-Gil Park, "Study on a moderating effect of psycho-social characteristics in the relationship between depression and suicidal ideation among community elderly"The korean Gerontological society, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 969-989. 2008.
- The Effects of Video and Online Discussion Activities based on Havruta Style in Social Studies Communication Skills vol.14, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.10.25
- Safety Management Network of Sports Facilities Abroad and System Status vol.14, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.547
- The research about mediating effect of perceived organizational obstruction in the relationship with job insecurity and EVLN vol.14, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.99
- A study on the Relationship among Depression, Walking and Quality of Life for the Elderly -Focusing on the Moderation Effects of Walking- vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.515
- Development and Effects of Laughter therapy program in Geriatric successful aging and Stress in Elderly vol.7, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.199
- Predicting Success of Government Policy in the Future with Futures Wheel and Text Mining : Predicting the Future Policy of Wage Peak System vol.14, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.141
- The impact of depression and anxiety on life satisfaction in psychiatric patients : Moderating effect of humor style vol.7, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.125
- Association of Osteoarthritis with prevalence of Metabolic syndrome: based on 2009-2010 Korean National Health & Nutrition Survey vol.14, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.269
- The Relationships between Stress and ADL in Elderly Living Alone vol.14, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.251
- Influence of the number of remaining teeth of on sleep time and stress of adults older than 40 years vol.14, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.225
- Effect of Milk Protein Intake and Band Exercise on Active Fitness and Metabolism Risk Factor of Elderly Women Through Convergence vol.14, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.489
- The effects of multiphasic components of home environment on life satisfaction vol.14, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.419
- Nail Art Convergence Design Application of Neo-pop Art Works -Focusing on Artistic Works by Jean Michel Basquiat, and Takashi Murakami- vol.7, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.119
- The Effect of home education convergence program on arm functions, occupational performance, quality of life, and depression in mastectomy patients with arm function impairment vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.515
- Life Experiences and Prospects of Welfare/Poverty Exit of the Poor with Work Ability: Mixed Methodology using Sequential Exploratory Design vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.19
- A Study on Proposal to Develop Senior related Policies : Convergence Approach of both Age Norm and Hoping Activities vol.14, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.101
- The Effects of Familism and Sense of intimacy to Older parents on Filial Responsibility of Korean Women vol.14, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.501