- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Radiation Exposure Dose of Brain Perfusion CT Examination a Phantom
Phantom을 이용한 뇌 관류 CT검사에서 방사선 피폭선량에 관한 연구
- Jung, Hong-Rynag (Dept. of Radiological Science, Hanseo University) ;
- Kim, Ki-Jeong (Dept. of Health Care, Hanseo University) ;
- Mo, Eun-Hee (Dept. of Diagnostic Radiology, Wonkwang University Hospital)
- Received : 2015.08.03
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.31
The purpose of this study, was Let's examine the exposure dose at the time of cerebral blood flow CT scan of acute ischemic stroke patients. In particular, long-term high doses of radiation sensitive organs and we Measured using phantom and a glass dosimeter. Apply the existing protocol suggested by the manufacturer (fixed time delay technique) and the proposed new convergence protocol (bolus tracking technique), reporting to measure the dose, dose reduction was to prepare the way. Results up to 39.8% as compared to the existing protocols in a new suggested convergence protocol, a minimum of 5.8% was long-term dose is reduced. Test dose of
Phantom;Dose;Perfusion CT;Bolus tracking technique;Fixed time delay technique;Convergence protocol
Supported by : 한서대학교
- C. G. Kim, "Exposure dose Reduction using Pb banding of own manufacturing", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 269-273. 2013.
- C. G. Kim, "Radiation dose reduction effectiveness of a male gonadal shield during 128-MDCT using Glass Detector", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 7, pp. 237-242. 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.237
- C. G. Kim, "Spatial dose distribution and exposure dose during lumbar lateral test", International Conference on Convergence Technology, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.17-22, 2014.
- ICRP Publication 87 : Managing patient dose in computed tomography, ICRP, 2000.
- S.G. Kweon, Y.M. Kim, C.G. Kim, H.Y. Yang, S.Y. Yang, E.O. Han, "Radiation Control & Magement", pp. 79-86, 2012.
- Berringtom de Gonzalez A, Darby S : Risk of cancer from diagnostic X-ray, estimates for the UK and 14 other countries, Lancet, 363, pp.345-351, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(04)15433-0
- Lee SC, Kim W, Lim KS, "Factors associated with early presentation and rapid imaging evalustion of acute stroke", Korean Soc Emerg Med, 16, pp.363-370, 2005.
- Lloyd-Jones D, Adams RJ, Brown TM, Carnethon M, Dai S, De Simone G, et al., "Heart disease and stroke statistics--2010 update, A report from the American Heart Association", Circulation, pp. e46-e215, 2010.
- Koenig M, Klotz E, Luka B, Venderink DJ, Spittler JF, Heuser L. : Perfusion CT of the brain: diagnostic approach for early detection of ischemic stroke. Radiology, pp.85-93, 1998.
- Mayer TE, Hamann GF, Baranczyk J, et al., " Dynamic CT perfusion imaging of acute stroke", AJNR Am J Neuroradiol, pp.1441-1449, 2000.
- Reichenbach JR, Rother J, Jonetz-Mentzel L, et al., "Acute stroke evaluated by time-to-peak mapping during initial and early follow-up perfusion CT studies", A JNR Am J Neuroradiol, pp.1842-1850, 1999.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Safety investigation of CT brain perfusion scans: Update 11/9/2010. Available from: http//www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safety/AlertsandNotices/ucm185898.htm
- Ensuring the legitimacy of the guidelines on the CT scan: Korea Food & Drug Administration, 2012.
- Mettler FA Jr, Wiest PW, Locken JA, Kelsey CA. CT scanning:patterns of use and dose. J Radiol Prot 2000; 20:353359
- Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service, Health Insurance Statistics Yearbook; 2005, 2008.
- Chiyoda : Dose Ace glass dosimeter reader manual, 2001.
- Euclid Seeram, "Computed Tomography : Physical principle", Clinical Applications & Quality Control, W. B. Saunders, pp.220-223, 1994.
- Lee CI, Haims AH, Monico EP, et al., "Diagnostic CT scans: assessment of patient, physician, and radiologist awareness of radiation dose and possible risks" Radiology, 231, pp.393-398, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2312030767
- ICRP Publication 73 : Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection, 1996.
- NRPB : Survey of CT Practice in the UK Part 2,3 : Dosimetric Aspects, National Radiological Protection Board, NRPB-R250, 1991.
- GSF : The calculation of dose from external photon exposure using reference human phantoms and Monte Carlo method, Part VI : Organ doses from tomographic examinations, Gesellschaft fur Strahlenund Umweltforschung mbH, GSF Rep 30/91, 1991.
- K.K.L. Fung, W.B. Gilboy, "Anode heel effect on patient dose in lumbar spine radiography", Br. J. Radiol, 73, pp.531-536, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.73.869.10884750
- ICRP Publication 103, "The 2007 Recommendation of the international Commission on Radiological Protection", Ahn. ICRP(2007)37(2/3), Oxford, UK : Elsevier Science, 2007.
- Chiyo Yamauchi-Kawaura, Keisuke Fujii, Takahiko Aoyama, et al., "Evaluation of radiation doses from MDCT imaging in Otolaryngology", Radiation Protection Dosimetry, pp.38-44, 2010.