- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An investigation of the Azimuth Error for Correlative Interferometer Direction Finding
상관형 위상비교 방향 탐지의 고도차에 대한 방위각 오차분석
- Received : 2015.07.29
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.31
In this paper, we present an azimuth error analysis for the correlative interferometer direction finding. The correlative interferometer is a direction finding method that compares the theoretical and measured phase differences. The direction of the radio transmitter can be estimated by obtaining the maximum correlation between two data sets. We used a 5-element circular array antennas arranged in a circle. To derive the correlation function between antenna elements, we assume that the incident plane wave arrives from a certain angle and the phase difference of each antenna can be derived by comparing with the reference. The suggested direction finding gives a relatively accurate result even if the radio transmitter is located in the higher altitude.
Correlative interferometer;direction finding;array antenna;noise;azimuth error
- Filippo Neri, Introduction to electronic Defense Systems (2nd Edition), Artech House, Boston, 2001.
- G. D. Curtis Schleher, A Electronic Warfare in the Information Age, Artech House, Boston, 1999.
- Stephen E. Lipsky, Microwave Passive Direction Finding, A Wiley-Interscience Publication, New York, 1987.
- David Adamy, EW101 A first Course in Electronic Warfare, Artech House, Boston, 2001.
- Richard G. Wiley, ELINT The Interception and Analysis of Radar Signals, Artech House, Boston, 2006.
- David L. Adamy, Electronic Warfare Modeling and Simulation, Artech House, Boston, 2003.
- Andrea De Martino, Introduction to Modern EW Systems, Artech House, Boston, 2012.
- Kebeli, M., "Extended symmetrical aperture direction finding using correlative interferometer method," 7th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ELECO). pp. II-209-II-213, 2011.
- S. M. Kamal, A. A. Adam, A. S. Ajagun, "Performance Evaluation of Correlative Interferometry for Angle of Arrival Estimation," Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 43-48, 2015.
- Libero Dinoi, Antonio Di Vito, Graziano Lubello, "Direction Finding of ground based emitters from airborne platforms," 2008 IEEE Radar Conference, pp. 1-6, 2008.
- Ling Qin, Kexin Jia, Zishu He, "Performance analysis of correlative interferometer direction finder using cosine function," Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ISPACS), 2010, pp. 1-4, 2010.
- Ting Cheng, Xintao Gui and Xin Zhan, "A dimension separation-based two-dimensional correlation interferometer algorithm," EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, December 2013, 2013:40 https://doi.org/10.1186/1687-1499-2013-40
- H.-W. Wei and Y.-G. Shi, "Performance analysis and comparison of correlative interferometers for direction finding," in Signal Processing (ICSP), 2010 IEEE 10th International Conference on, pp. 393-396, Oct. 2010.
- Xun Yang and Cui Zhan-zhong, "Two- Dimensional Circular Array Real-Time Phase Interferometer Algorithm and its Correction," 2nd International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, pp. 1-4, 2009.
- J. H. Lee, J. M. Woo, "The Direction Finding Ambiguity Analysis for 3 Element and 4 Element Phase Interferometer DF System," Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 544-550, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2014.17.4.544
Supported by : 국방과학연구소