- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Speed estimation of sound-emitted objects through convergence of sound information analysis and smart device technology
음향 정보 분석과 스마트 기기 기술의 융합을 통한 사물의 속력 측정
- Nam, Yong-Wook (Department of Computer Science, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Hyuk (Department of Computer Science, Kwangwoon University)
- Received : 2015.08.26
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.31
In this paper, we present an algorithm that estimates the speed of a moving object only using its sound information. In general, the speed gun projects the incident light onto a moving object and measures the frequency variation of the scattered light. Then the speed is measured by this frequency difference. In our study, instead of light information, we measure the speed by sound frequency difference when the object is coming and moving away. In our experiments on the speed measurement, on average the error of 6.08% was obtained. Utilizing this algorithm for smart device, we can measure the speed of a moving object without sensor that measures the frequency of the light.
- J. G. Dunne, "Laser-based speed measuring device", U.S. Patent No. 5,359,404. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1994.
- L. N. Ridenour, "Radar system engineering", MIT Radiation Lab series, Vol. 1, 1947.
- J. Unpingco, "Discrete-Time Fourier Transform.", Python for Signal Processing. Springer International Publishing, pp. 45-55, 2014.
- G. D. Bergland, "A guided tour of the fast Fourier transform", IEEE, Spectrum, Vol. 6, No. 7, pp. 41-52, 1969. https://doi.org/10.1109/MSPEC.1969.5213896
- J. W. Cooley, J. W. Tukey, "An algorithm for the machine calculation of complex Fourier series." Mathematics of computation, Vol. 19, No. 90, pp. 297-301, 1965. https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1965-0178586-1
- J. Allen, "Short-term spectral analysis, and modification by discrete Fourier transform", IEEE, Transactions on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 235-238, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASSP.1977.1162950
- O. Cramer, "The variation of the specific heat ratio and the speed of sound in air with temperature, pressure, humidity, and CO2 concentration." The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 93, No. 5, pp. 2510-2516, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.405827
- Thermodo, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.robocatapps.thermodo
- Doppler Effect, http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/sound/dopp.html
- Standard tuning frequency (Standard musical pitch), http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=3601, 1975.
- T. Tolonen, M. Karjalainen, "A computationally efficient multipitch analysis model", Speech and Audio Processing, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 708-716, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/89.876309
- P. A. Hetherington, A. R. Groves, "System for suppressing rain noise", U.S. Patent, No. 7,949,522, 2011.
- P. A. Hetherington, L. Xueman, P. Zakarauskas, "Method and apparatus for suppressing wind noise", U.S. Patent Application 10/410, 736, 2003.
- J. Bitzer, K. U. Simmer, K. D. Kammeyer, "Multimicrophone noise reduction by post-filter and superdirective beamformer", Proc. Int. Workshop on Acoustic Echo and Noise Control (IWAENC), pp. 100-103, 1999.
- The ICT convergence agriculture automated machines designed for smart agriculture vol.14, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.141
- Development of Integrated Infant Care Management App Prototype System in Mobile Environments vol.7, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.031
- Research on Web standards compliance and professional level of domestic Web Developer vol.14, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.201
- Range-free localization algorithm between sensor nodes based on the Radical Line for Sensor Networks vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.261
- A Study of Power Line Communication-based Smart Outlet System Expandable at Home vol.19, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2016.19.5.901