- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Study of the Aviation Industrial Technology Convergence through Patent analysis
특허 분석을 통한 항공산업 기술 융합성 연구
- Bae, Sung-Uk (Korea Institute for Robot Industry Advancement) ;
- Kwag, Dong-Gi (Dept. Aeromechanical Engineering, Hanseo University) ;
- Park, Eun-Young (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology)
- Received : 2015.07.24
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.31
Nowadays, technologies are changing through industrial fusion and government & corporates need to predict the flow & direction of technologies. These flow & direction can be grasped through the analysis of patent information. The patent information uses the common classification codes in the world, and it is possible for the quantitative analysis based on objective data with the time information of technical area. The methods of patent analysis analyzed the technology fusion by using citation analysis & simultaneous classification analysis. This research analyzed patent information which used as an index to measure the technical innovation in the society based on knowledge, and would like to analyze technical trends and to describe the way of improvement in the future based on the aviation industry which is the representative fusion/complex industry.
Industry Convergence;Patent;Citation Analysis;Co-Classification Analysis;Aviation Industry
- Hong-Bin Kim, Hyun-Suk Park, Su-Hyung Lim, Chul-Hyun Jung, Kwang-Soo Kim, "Function- Property based Causality Network of Patents for Technology Convergence", The Korea Institute of Industrial Engineers Proceedings, pp. 1205-1219, 2012.
- Henry William Chesbrough, "Open innovation: The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting From Technology", Harvard Business School Press, 2005.
- Mi Rang Shim, Tae Mi Jang, Kye Hwan Ryu, "The Role of Patent Utilization for Technology Innovation and Legal Improvement", Journal of Korea Technology Innovation Society, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 809-838, 2013.
- Ji-Eun Kim, Sung-Ju Lee, "The Evaluation Methodology of the Industry Convergence using the patent information : Technical input-output table proposals", The Korea Institute of Industrial Engineers Proceedings, pp. 1220-1235, 2012.
- Young-Jung Geum, Chulh-Yun Kim, Sung-Joo Lee, Moon-Soo Kim, "Technological convergence of IT and BT : evidence from patent analysis, ETRI Journal, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 439-449, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.12.1711.0010
- Hyun-Joung No, Yong-Tae Park, "Trajectory patterns of technology fusion: Trend analysis and taxonomical grouping in nano bio technology", Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol. 77, No. 1, pp. 63-75, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2009.06.006
- Yong-Tae Park, "Management of Technological Knowledge for Next Generation Innovation", Sang Nung Press, 2007.
- Curran Clive-Steven, Leker Jens, "Patent indicators for monitoring convergence - examples from NFF and ICT", Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol. 78, No. 2, pp. 256-273, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2010.06.021
- Robert J. W. Tijssen, "A quantitative assessment of interdisciplinary structures in science and technology: co-classification analysis of energy research", Research Policy, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 27-44, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0048-7333(92)90025-Y
- Wan Xinga, Xuan Yea, Lv Kuib, "Measuring convergence of China's ICT industry : an input-output analysis", Telecommunications Policy, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 301-313, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.telpol.2011.02.003
- Giovanni Valentini, "Measuring the Effect of M&A on Patenting Quantity and Quality", Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 336-346, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.946
- Hui-Jong Gang, Mi-Jeong Eom, Dong-Myeong Kim, "A Study on Forecast of the Promising Fusion Technology by US Patent Analysis", Journal of Technology Innovation, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 93-116, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/19761597.2006.9668620
- Yoo-Jin Han, Yong-Tae Park, "Patent network analysis of inter-industrial knowledge flows: The case of Korea between traditional and emerging industries, World Patent Information", Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 235-247, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wpi.2006.01.015
- Minna Allarakhia, Steven Walsh, "Analyzing and organizing nanotechnology development : Application of the institutional analysis development framework to nanotechnology consortia", Technovation, Vol. 32, No. 3-4, pp. 216-226, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2011.11.001
- Matti Karvonen, Tuomo Kassi, "Patent citations as a tool for analysing the early stages of convergence", Technological Forecasting and Social Change, pp. 1094-1107, 2012.
- E.C. Engelsman, A.F.J. van Raan, "A patent-based cartography of technology", Research Policy, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 1-26, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0048-7333(94)90024-8
- Ha-Gyo Jung, Kyu-Seung Whang, "The Technological Competitiveness Analysis of Aircraft-based Industries using Patent Information", Korean Management Science Review Special, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 111-127, 2008.
- Byeong-Jeong Kim, Hyun-Moo Kang, Young- Chul Bae, "Analysis of Technical Competition of Technology of Unmaned Aerial Vehicle through Key Technology Analysis with each competer based on Patent's IPC", The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 199-202, 2013.
- An Exploratory Performance Analysis of The Forest Sector R&D Program vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.47
- A Study on Assessment of Importance and Priority Derivation from Activities of Technology Transfer & Licensing Organization Using AHP Method vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.37
- Research Trend of Entrepreneurship in Korea vol.14, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.121