- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on Attitude of the Elderly among College Students in Physical Therapy through social science convergence
사회과학적 융합을 통한 물리치료학과 학생들의 노인에 대한 태도 조사
- Received : 2015.08.07
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.31
Purpose is the purpose of this study is to develop medical services for the elderly and qualitatively enhance physical therapy for them by analyzing Korean students' attitudes of the elderly through social science convergence. Methods is a total of 1027 male/female undergraduate students majoring in physical therapy were selected to examine the attitudes of the elderly. T-test, One-way-ANOVA and Scheff test were used. Result is positive attitudes toward the elderly was 46.0%. 51.48% in the population over 30, and 47.52% in the male group was more positive. In addition, when the elderly with no experience in the relevant lecture course (t = -2.035, p = 0.0042) in elderly and when the living experience more positive attitudes (t = 2.951, p = 0.003). Conclusion is education of students in the process of aging of the elderly in a positive standpoint, lectures and hands-on so that you can see the need to change direction.
- S. J. Bin, "Studies on attitudes toward the elderly - mainly college students", Ph.D. dissertation, Hanyoung theological University, 2004.
- Campbell ME. "Study of the attitudes of nursing personnel toward the Geriatric patient", Nursing Research, Vol. 20, pp. 147-150, 1971.
- G. H. Choi, "A Study on the Effect of the Attitude on the Elderly in the Geriatric Facilities and Job Satisfaction by Care Helpers on the Quality of Service", Ph.D. dissertation, Daegu University, 2010.
- Y. D. Choi, "A Study on Attitudes and Knowledge of the Elderly Among College Students Majoring in Nursing and Social Work", Ph.D. dissertation, Hanseo University. 2008.
- K. M. Eom, "Functional performance in older adults", Yeongmunsa. 2004.
- J. L. HAN, "Undergraduate Students' Attitudes Toward Elderly", The Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 20, No .3, pp. 115-127, 2000.
- J. L. Han, "Youth's Attitudes toward the Elderly", The Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 181-194, 2003.
- Y. S. Im, "Knowledge and attitude toward the elderly of a general hospital nurses", Ph.D. dissertation, Chosun University, 2004.
- J. H. Kim, "Attitudes Toward General Elders and Elders with Dementi", Among Baccalaureate Junior Nursing Students. Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 18, No, 4, pp. 601-610, 2007.
- J. H. Kim, "Knowledge and Attitude toward the Elderly in Medical Welfare Facilities for the Older People", Ph.D. dissertation, Myongji University, 2011.
- M. H. Kim, "Baccalaureate Social Work Student Attitudes toward Older Adults", Ewha University Institute of Social Sciences Social Science Research Publications, Vol .8, pp. 69-89, 2002.
- Y. J. Kim, "Adolescent′s attitude toward the elderly: Exploring the relations between adolescents′ perception and behavioral attitude toward the elderly", Korean Home Management Association, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 173-183, 2001.
- H. J. Lee, "Knowledge and attitude toward the elderly among nurse, doctor, care-helper", Ph.D. dissertation, Hanyang University, 2011.
- H. W. Lee, "A Study on the Home Helpers' Knowledge about Facts on Aging and Attitude toward the Elderly in Korea", Korean Academy of Social Welfare, Vol. 43, pp. 358-384, 2000.
- H. W. Lee, "A Study on the Social Workers' Attitude toward the Elderly in Korea", Korean Academy of Social Welfare, Vol. 39, pp. 289-299, 1999.
- Y. M. Lee, "Study on Welfare Professionals' Attitudes toward the Elderly", Ph.D. dissertation, Ewha University. 2013.
- E. J. Song, "Nurses and nursing students' knowledge and attitudes toward the elderly", Ph.D. dissertation, Ewha University, 2003.
- S. J. Yang, "A General Hospital Doctor's Attitude Toward the Elderly", Ph.D. dissertation, Hallym University, 2003.
- National Statistical Office. Elderly Statistics. the Korea Development Institute, pp. 8-17, 2011.
- A Life History Approach on a Professor Academic Activities vol.7, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.227