- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Differences between Major Satisfaction, University Life Adjustment, Self-Esteem and Career Identity according to the Time of Department Selection of Students in the Department of Occupational Therapy at One University
일 대학 작업치료학과 학생의 학과선택 시기에 따른 전공만족도, 대학생활적응, 자아존중감, 진로정체감의 차이
- Received : 2015.08.05
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.31
The purpose of this study is to examine the differences between major satisfaction, university life adjustment, self-esteem, career identity according to the time of department selection of students in the department of occupational therapy. Frequencies, descriptive statistics, chi-square test, ANOVA was conducted using IBM SPSS Statistics 22. The major satisfaction and career identity have statistically significant difference according to the time of department selection. As the time of department selection was earlier(in high school), major satisfaction and career identity turned out to be higher than other times(before application period or application period). Thus, in order to effective life guidance and career guidance for the students in the department of occupational therapy after admission, the carrer programs that convergent the characteristics of the department of occupational therapy are needed.
The time of department selection;Major satisfaction;University life adjustment;Self-esteem;Career identity;Department of occupational therapy;Convergent carrer program
- J. H. Lee, "The Relationships Between Clusters of Career Identity and Career Resilience and the Career Maturation of College Students", j. leaner-centered curriculum and instruction, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 39-59, 2013.
- W. J. Jung, "Correlation Analysis of University Students' Social Support of Family, Career Identity and Career Belief", Unpublished master's thesis Kyonggi University. 2010.
- C.S. Son, S. G. Song, S. Y. Yoon, H. J. Kwon, Y. W. Song, K. H. Lee, R. Hwang, S. W. Kim, H. Jung, "The Survey of the Motive of Admission to Physical Therapy College, Learning Satisfaction, and Career Orientation, and its Correlation Analysis of Self Esteem", J. KSSPT, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 19-26, 2013.
- H. S. Lee, J. S. Noh, J. j. Cha, S. R. Kim, S. G. Park, S. J. Sim, J. H. Lee, "The change of awareness of decision on employment through the fieldwork for occupational therapy students", J. Korea Society of Occupation Theraphy, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 107-121, 2010.
- Y. S. Kang, S. K. Hwang, "Correlations of Self-esteem, Major satisfaction and Career motivation in College Nursing Students", J. Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 3301-3309, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.7.3301
- I. Y. Cho, "The Relationship of Career Identity, Major Satisfaction and College Adaptation of Nursing Freshmen", J. Korea Academia Industria-l cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 2937-2945, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.5.2937
- J. Y. Kim, "The Relationship of Freshman's Adjustment of College Life and Depression", J. Adolescent Welfare, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 243-263, 2008.
- A. K. Chung, J. S. Kim, J. H. Kim, "The Effects of Self-Respect, Academic Self-Efficacy, and Career Maturity on Student Adaptation to College and Learning Persistence", J. Engineering Education reserch, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 11-18, 2013.
- J. H. Lee, H. S. Kim, H.Y. Park, D.Y. Cho, J. S. Kim, "A Research Study About Current State and Awareness Level of College Students, Majoring Occupational Therapy in Korea II:Concentrate on Major Satisfaction Level and Career Confidence Level", J. Korea Society of Occupation Therapy, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 57-71, 2012.
- Y. J. Lee, "A Study on the Influence of Self-efficacy and Career Identity on Career Decision Level for University Students who Study Social Welfare", Unpublished master's thesis Kyonggi University, 2013.
- Y. S. Lim, "A Study on Career Socialization in College Students With the Focus on the Degree of Their Satisfaction With Major", J. Educational reserch, Vol. 8, pp. 107-129, 1993.
- J. Y. Chung, Y. H. Park, "A Study on Awareness and Satisfaction Level of Major with College Students in the Occupational Therapy", J. Society of Occupation Therapy the Aged and Dementia, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 33-38, 2013.
- S. G. Shin, "Comparison of Satisfaction on Each Major Dept. of Health-Related Universities Located in Busan and Gyeongnam", J. Radiological Science and Technology, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 131-140, 2011.
- K. H. Kim, H. S. Kim, "A Study of Department Satisfaction Factors of Under -graduate students", The Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 7-20, 2000.
- D. J. Lee, "The relationships among satis -faction in major, gender identity, and gender stereotypes of male nursing students", Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, 2004.
- Baker. R. W, Siryk. B, "Measuring adjustment to college", Journal of Counselling Psychology, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 179-189. 1984. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0188.8.131.52
- H. W. Kim, "The relationship between family system patterns and career decision-making and adjustment to college", Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, 2005.
- J. W. Hyun, "The effect of perfectionism and evaluative threat on the performance of task" Unpublished Master's thesis, Yonsei University, 1992.
- H. K. Lee, "A study on the relationship between the self-esteem and the satisfaction with major of college students in the early childhood education", J. Young Child studies, Vol. 17, pp. 27-43, 2014.
- Coopersmith S., "The antecedents of self-esteem", Consulting Psychologists Pr, 1967.
- J. G. Kang, "Effects of self-concept, career maturity and school achievement upon occupational status aspiration", Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, 1986.
- J. E. Kim, "Relationship among Self-esteem, Subjective Happiness, and Educational Faith on Pre-service Early Childhood Teachers," Unpublished master's thesis, Yeungnam University, 2010.
- Y. R. Seo, S. H. Lee, "Comparison between self-identity and career-identity on career attitude maturity", The Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 525-542, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.13.2.201204.525
- Holland, J. F., Daiger, D. C., Power, P. G. My vocational situation, Palo Alto, CA : Consulting Psycology Press., 1980.
- B. H. Kim, "Career decision level and career preparation behavior of the college students" Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, 1997.
- Y. H. Kwon, C. N. Kim,. "Effect of a ready planned self growth program through MBTI on interpersonal relationships and the career identity of nursing college students", Journal of Korean Community Nursing, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 216-229, 2002.
- H. Y. Park, D. Y. Cho, J. H. Lee, H. S. Kim, J. S. Kim, S. H. Park, "A study on the relationship between the self-esteem and the satisfaction with major of college students in theearly childhood education current State and Awareness Level of Occupational Therapy Major Students in Korea I : General Status and Reasons for Major Selection", J. Korea Society of Occupation Therapy, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 79-94, 2011.
- S. K. Kim, "Life Stress in Freshman and Adjustment to College", Korean journal of youth studies, Vol. 10, No. 2, 215-237, 2003.
- K. H. Lee, Y. K. Jang, H. M. Ahn, "A Study on the Campus Life Adjustment and Satisfaction Index of Seoul National University of Education Male Students", Journal of Student Guidance, Vol. 26, pp. 111-245, 2000.
- The Life Satisfaction Analysis of Middle School Students Using Korean Children and Youth Panel Survey Data vol.14, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.197
- The Influence of Transformational Leadership on Unethical Pro-Organizational Behavior-Mediating Effect of Organizational Identification vol.14, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.83
- The Relationships of Expectancy-Disconfirmation and Satisfaction, Loyalty of Students Majoring in Art & Physical Education vol.14, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.469
- Physical activity, social support and participation of women knowledge about cervical cancer screening, the screening attitude multiplicative influence of cervical cancer screening vol.14, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.439
- The Admissions Officer system of improvement plan through the analysis the Grade Point Average of University Admission Track vol.14, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.387
- The Relationship between Ego-Resilience, Mattering and School Life Adjustments of Elementary Students Participating in Physical Activity after School vol.14, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.477
- Analysis of Convergent Influence of Job Seeking Stress, Hopelessness and Depression on Childbirth Perception among Some College Women vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.389
- A Study on Cognition of Applicants for the Sports Coaching Certificate System : Focusing on the Practical and Oral Certifying Test for the Sports Coaching Certificate vol.14, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.461
- Influence of Psycho-Social Maturity and Self-efficacy for Contraceptive on Sexual Assertiveness of Male University Students vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.461
- Convergence Factors Influencing Clinical Practice Satisfaction of Nursing Students vol.7, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.055
- The moderating roles of employees' self-efficacy and trust in leader on the relationship between ethical leadership and employees' behaviors vol.14, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.71