- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Error Analysis of Chinese Learners of the Korean Language: Focus on Analysis of Vocabulary
중국어 모어 화자의 한국어 학습자의 쓰기에 나타난 오류 분석 -어휘 오류를 중심으로-
- Noh, Byung-ho (Division of Korean teachers, Dong shin University)
- 노병호 (동신대학교 인문사회과학대학 한국어교원학과)
- Received : 2015.09.12
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.31
The aim of study is to present a better teaching strategy to reduce writing errors of Chinese learners of Korean language after finding out what reasons of errors were after analyzing of their writing errors in Korean language. Analyzed contents were writhing in Korean language of 'how I think Korean', 'about Chinese and Korean culture', 'friends' and analyzed what errors were occurred. The vocabulary errors frequencies were counted by the criteria which was set by a researcher. The results were as follows. The frequency of substitute error was the most and were followed by spelling error, wrong type error, omission error and adding error. It is suggested when we teach Korean Language to Chinese learners and develop text for them, the vocabularies should be presented with examples of how to be used in context instead of presenting only vocabulary on the text. It would be a better way to reduce writing errors of Chinese learners of Korean language.
- Gi-Sim Nam, "Korean language education methods and actual for foreigners" Korea National Open University Press, 1999.
- Jung-Hee Lee, "A Reseacch Study on Language production Errors of Korean Learners" Ph.D. dissertation, Kyunghee University, 2002.
- Joo-Yeon Suk, Kyung-Hwa Ahn, "Some Problems of the Error Analysis of Learner Korean", Journal Korean language education, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 189-215, 2002.
- Chung-Sook Kim, Ki-Chun Nam, "An analysis of Error in Using Korean Particles by Native Speakers of English", Korean language education, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 27-45, 2002.
- Jeong-Eun Kim, "Inter language and error analysis in a Korean education", Journal Korean language education, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 29-50, 2003.
- Mi-Ok Kim, "A statistical analysis of lexical errors of Korean language learners", Journal Korean language education, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 27-52, 2003.
- Eun-Young Na, "A study on the grammatical errors of Chinese Learning Korean Language", Korean language education, Vol. 72, pp. 27-45, 2006.
- Hyoung-Sun Yoo, "A Study on a Classification Error pattern about Korean Language", Korean Linguistics, Vol. 41, pp. 357-380, 2008.
- Kyong-hwon Kim, "Consideration of the pattern of Korean errors for foreign Learners -Centered on errors shown in the sentences of Chinese college students", Korean language education, Vol. 80, pp. 5-26, 2008.
- min-hee shim, "Error analysis on the liaison of Chinese learners based on optimality theory", korean language and literature, Vol. 115, pp. 55-77, 2012
- Jing-Xi Zhang, "A study on L1 transfer error analysis of Korean writing for Chinese learners", Ph.D. dissertation, Sonsei University, 2012.
- Bo-Kyung Kim, "An Error Analysis of Advanced Korean Language Learners", Ph.D. dissertation, Sangmyung University, 2012.
- Ji-Yeong Kim, "A Study on the Aspects of Errors in Chinese University Student in Korea -Focused on conversation and free writing", The Society of Poetics and Linguistics Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 7-29, 2014.
- Sang-Mee Han, "An Analysis of Errors on the Usage of Particles in the Discussions of Advanced Korean Language Learners", An Analysis of Errors on the Usage of Particles in the Discussions of Advanced Korean Language Learners, Vol. 57, pp. 223-255, 2014.
- Eun-hee Lee, Hee-Won Lee, "A Study of Korean Language Textbook for Skill-focused Writing of Beginner Level" Studies in Linguistics, Vol. 34, pp. 227-242, 2015.