- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Impact of Make-up Education Program on Elderly Women's Make-up Satisfaction and Self-esteem the Korea
화장교육프로그램이 노인여성의 화장만족도 및 자긍심에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.07.24
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.31
This study aimed to identify the impact of make-up education program on the level of satisfaction with make-up and the self-esteem of 80 elderly women. This education was provided during 8 weeks from May 28 to 16 July 2010 to women over 60 who were visiting P seniors welfare center, in D city. Some people fell out of the research, so finally the experimental group was 34 and the control group 36. During this research seven methods of make-up, including that of light make up were taught to the experimental group. Comparing the satisfaction and self-esteem levels before and after education. The result was that through the education the levels of their satisfaction with make-up and of their self-esteem were shown to have increased (p<0.05), significantly. We hope that through this research old people's healthy living and their social confidence can better converge.
Elderly women;Make-up education;Make-up satisfaction;Self-esteem;Make-up education Program
- Kim, J. S., Min, K. J., "The Effect of Make-up Education on Elderly Women's Life Satisfaction", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 1749-1755, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.4.1749
- Gupta, M. A,. Gilchrest, B. A., "Pychosocial aspects of aging skin", Dermatologic Clinics, Vol. 23, pp. 643-648, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.det.2005.05.012
- Kim, H. H., Kim, Y. S., "A Study on the Satisfaction of Face and Make-Up Behavior According to Lifestyles of Middle Aged Women", Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, Vol. 57, No. 5. pp. 99-111, 2007.
- Graham, J. A., Jouhar, A. J., "The importance of cosmetics in the psychology of appearance", International Society of Tropical Dermatology, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 153-156, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-4362.1983.tb03353.x
- Cox, D. L., Glick, W. H., "Resume evaluations and cosmetics use: when more is not better", Sex Roles 14, pp. 51-58. 1986. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00287847
- Graham, J. A., Kligman, A. M.., "Physical attractiveness, cosmetic use and self-perception in the elderly", International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Vol. 7, No. 2. pp. 85-97, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-2494.1985.tb00399.x
- Cash, T. F., Dawson, K., Davis, P., Bowen, M.., Galumbeck. C., "Effects of cosmetics use on the physical attractiveness and body image of American college women", Journal of Social Psychology, Vol. 129, No. 3, pp. 349-355, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224545.1989.9712051
- Choi, Y. A,. "A Survey on the Depression, Self-esteem and Health Behavior of the Aged" , korean society of Welfare for the Aged, Vol. 2, pp. 27-47, 2003.
- Kim, Y. A., "The influence of leisure counseling program on the aged self-esteem", Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, 2000.
- Leider, M., Braver. E. W.. "Basic skin care and cosmesis for the chronically ill, the mentally disturbed, and the aged infirm", Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 455-459, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4725.1981.tb00674.x
- Shin, H. Y., Lee, I. J., "Effect of the Fashion Therapy for the Psychiatric Patients (Part 1)", Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Vol. 24, No. 7, pp. 1088-1099, 2000.
- Lee, G. H., Han, B. H., "The Influence of make up for elderly women's depression", The Korean Society Of Knit Design, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 57-65, 2012.
- Lee, W. J., Kim, J. O., "A Study on the Effects of Mak-up on the Psychological Well-being Elderly Women", Journal of family relations, Vol. 8, No. 2. pp. 45-60, 2003.
- Kim, B. K., "A Self-Beauty Program's Effect on Female Senior Citizens' Depression, Self-Respect and Life Satisfaction", Unpublished doctora ldissertation, Keimyung University, 2007.
- Bae, J. Y., "Study of the relationship between the satisfaction of applying make-up and interpersonal relations", Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyuong Women's University, 2003.
- Song, E. Y., "A study on influence to make-up for improvement of face image within professional women in Jeju region", Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyuong Women's University, 2005.
- Rogenberg, M., "Society and adolescent self-image. Princeton", Princeton University Press, 1965.
- Jon, B. J., "Self-esteem: a test of its measura-bility", Yonsei Publications, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 107-129. 1974.
- Kim, Y. R., "A study on the development of Self-Beauty Program for Beauty Psychological Therapy", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seokyeong University, 2010.
- Cash, T. F., Dawson, K., Davis, P., Bowen, M., Galumbeck. C., "Effects of cosmetics use on the physical attractiveness and body image of American college women", Journal of Social Psychology, Vol. 129, No. 3, pp. 349-355. 1989. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224545.1989.9712051
- Kim, H. S., Sin, H. S., "A Study on Life Satisfaction of the Aged", Korean Home Management Association, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 66-73, 1995.
- Krause, N. "Life stress, social support, and self-esteem in an elderly population", Psychology and Aging, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 349-356, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1037/0882-7922.214.171.1249
- Oliva, A. "Social support, psychological well-being, and health among the elderly", Educational Gerontology, Vol. 33, pp. 1053-1068, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/03601270701700458
- Graham, J. A., Kligman. A. M.,. "Physical attractiveness, cosmetic use and sel-fperception in the elderly", International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Vol. 7, pp. 85-97, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-2494.1985.tb00399.x
- Jeon, S. N., Shin, H. G., "Effects of elder's image on successful aging", Korean Association of Health and Medical Sociology, Vol. 26, pp. 165-187, 2009.
- The Relationship between Use of Sunblocks and Dry Eye vol.14, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.347
- Analysis of the Internet Shopping Mall Users' Perception on Cosmeceuticals vol.14, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.555
- A Gender and The Beauty Showed in Politician's Facial Appearance as an Element of Winning in the Election Process vol.14, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.397
- The Study on the Satisfaction of the Elderly People Living with Their Children vol.140, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11205-017-1803-1