- Volume 6 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Convergence Study on the Relationship between the Job Stress and Mental Health of Nurses
간호사의 직무 스트레스와 정신건강 관련성에 대한 융합적 연구
- Received : 2015.07.29
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.31
This study was to explore the relationship between the job stress and mental health of nurses. The participants were 291 nurses from two general hospitals in C city. Job stress, mental health, and general characteristics of nurses were measured. The data were collected from April 7 to 30, 2015. The collected data was analyzed with descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients and multiple regression analysis. The mean score for job stress was 61.96 point and 92.45 for mental health. The mean scores for job stress were significantly different by age and turnover experience in nurses. Job stress was positively correlated with mental health(r=.233, p=.000). The findings indicate that job stress has an influence on mental health. We'd like to provide basic data on developing convergence programs to prevent and intervene job stress considering nurses' mental health problems in nursing service that is rapidly changing and specialized for the convergence generation.
- Korea National Statistical Office. Job Stress, Retrieved, http://kosis.kr, 2015.
- Chae, J. H., "Job Stress and Mental Health", Korean Industrial Health Association, pp. 24-30, 2007.
- Park, K. S., Yeo, J. G., Kim, C. H., "The Effects of Work Related Stree on Workers sho are Engaged in the Medium Enterprises", Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, Vol. 26 No. 3, pp. 35-43, 2007.
- Depure, R. A., Moneoe, S. M., "Conceptualization and measurement if human disorder in life stress research: The problem of chronic disturbance", Psychol Bull, Vol. 99 No. 1, pp. 36-51, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.99.1.36
- Chang S. J, "A Study of Job Stress in Korea Workers", Research Information Center for Health, pp. 9-36, 2001.
- Kim, Y. J., "The Influence of a General Hospital Nurse's Emotional labor, Emotional Intelligence on Job Stress", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 245-253, 2014.
- Byun, D. S., Yom, Y. H., "Factor affecting the burnout of clinical nurse-focused on emotional labor", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 15 No. 3, pp. 444-454, 2009.
- Gelsema, T. I., Van der doef, M., Janssen, M., Akerboom, A., Verhoeven, C., "A Longitudinal study of job stressin the nursing profession: causes and consequences", Journal of Nursing management, Vol. 14 No. 2, pp. 289-299, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2934.2006.00635.x
- Suzuki, K., Ohida, T., Kaneita, Y., Yokoyama, E., Miyake, T., Harano, S.m Yagi, Y., Ibuka, E., Haneko, A., Tsutsui, T., Uchiyama, M., "Mental health status, shift work, and occupational accident among hospital nurse in Japan", J Occup Health, Vol. 46 No. 6, pp. 448-454, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1539/joh.46.448
- Yoo, S. J., Chio, Y. H., "Predictive factors influencing turnover intention of nurses in small and medium-sized hospitals in Daegu City", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 16-25, 2009.
- Jung, K. Y., Lee, H. J., Kim, J. I., Kim, Y. G., "The effects of job stress for depression in clinical nurses", Korean J Occup Health Nursing, Vol. 16 No. 2, pp. 158-167, 2007.
- Lee, H. S., "Effect of the Occupational Stree and Self Esteem on Mental Health among Nurses", The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13 No. 3, pp. 251-259, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.03.251
- Yoon, H. S., Cho, Y. C., "Relationship between Job Stress Contents, Psychosocial Factors and Mental Health Status among University Hospital Nurses in Korea", J Prev Med Public Health, Vol. 40 No. 5, pp. 351-362, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2007.40.5.351
- Song, I. S., "Job stress, Personality, Job satisfaction and Health status of Clinical Nurses", Chung-Ang University, master's thesis, 2007.
- Lee, S., "Emotional Intelligence and Job Stress of Clinical Nurse in Local Public Hospitals", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Admin, Vol. 16 No. 4, pp. 466-474, 2010. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.4.466
- Park, H. S., Gang, E. H., "A Study on Job Stress and the Coping of ICU Nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 37 No. 5, pp. 810-821, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.5.810
- Lee, W. H., Kim, C. J., "The Relationship between Depression, Perceived Stress, Fatigue and Anger in Clinical Nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 36 No. 6, pp. 925-932, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.6.925
- Kim, K. H., "Anger Expression Type and Mental Health of Clinical Nurses", master's thesis, Ajou University, 2015.
- Kim, H. S., Yim, H. W., Lee, J. Y., Cho, H. J., Jo, S. J., Lee, W. C., "Influence of self-esteem and social support in the depression stati of some clinical nurses", Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 19 No. 2, pp. 125-134, 2007.
- Chang S. J., Koh S. B., Kang D, Kim S. A., Kang M. G., Lee C. G. et al., "Developing an occupational stress scale for Korean employee", Korean J Occu Environ Med, Vol. 17, pp. 297-317, 2005.
- L. R. Derogatis, "SCL-90-R: Administration, scoring & procedures manual-II for the revised version and other instruments of the psychopathology rating scale series", Towson, MD:Clinic Psychometric Research, 1983.
- Kim, J. H. Kim, K. I., "The Standardization Study of Symptom Checklist-90-Revision in Korea III. Mental Health Research", Vol. 2, pp. 278-311, 1984.
- Lee, H. K., "Psychological Maturation of High School Graduates, Institute of Humanities", Vol. 56, pp. 145-164, 1986.
- Kim, Y. H., K, M. J., "Occupational Stress and Emotional Intelligence in Hospice Volunteers", Korean J Hosp Palliat Care, Vol. 18 No. 2, pp. 112-119, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2015.18.2.112
- Choi, H. S. "Hospice Volunteer management quality improvement", Korean J Hosp Palliat Care, Vol. 7, pp. 1-5, 2007.
- Korean Health and Medical Workers' Union, http://blog.daum.net/bogun1004/262, 2010.
- Medical Today, http://www.mdtoday.co.kr/mdtoday/index.html?no=247816, 2014.
- Park, Y. M., "The relation of sleep, Mental Health and Satisfaction of Nurse in General Hospital", master's thesis, Cho-Dang University, 2015.
- Park, H. J., "Assertiveness and Mental Health of Clinical Nurse", master's thesis, Ajou University, 2008.
- Jeon, H. O., "Relationship of Job-Stress, Work-family Conflict, and Mental Health according to Life-style of Married Office Worker", The Korea contents Society, Vol. 11 No. 12, pp. 378-385, 2011.
- Lee, E. Y., Shon, K. H., "An analysis of research trends related with job stree in nursing", Journal of Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 87-95, 2015.
- Impact Of Convergence on the psychosocial well-being levels : On Some Care Service Providers vol.7, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.105
- Convergence Study on the Influence of Job Stress of Shift Work Nurses on Nursing Performance vol.7, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.107
- The Convergence Study on Anxiety, Knowledge, Infection Possibility, Preventive Possibility and Preventive Behavior Level of MERS in Nursing Students vol.7, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.3.059
- Comparison in Convergence Factors in Stress of Workers in the Field of Railroad Electricity and Vehicles by their working position vol.14, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.337
- Relationships among Nursing Professional Values, Bioethics and Death Ethic Perception in Nursing Students vol.14, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.349
- A Convergence Study on the Relationship among Job Rotation, Verbal Abuse and Organizational Commitment of Perioperative Nurses vol.7, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.3.131
- A Study of Convergence Relationship among Nurse's Working Conditions, Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.369
- Moderating Effects of Internal Marketing on the Relationship between Job Stress and Turnover Intention among Dental Hygienists vol.7, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.079
- Analysis on the effects of the Korean language ability level, social support and acculturative stress of migrant laborers on life satisfaction: Focus on the mediating effects of hope vol.14, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.89
- The relationships between emotional intelligence and college adjustment and nursing professionalism in nursing students vol.14, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.10.355
- A Convergence Study about System of Public Health Nurse vol.14, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.13
- The Effect of Self-confidence and stress on University Judo Athletes Performance vol.14, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.545
- The influence of nurses' clinical career and communication within organization on teamwork competency vol.14, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.333
- The Sexual Experiences of the Mentally Disabled based on the Grounded Theory vol.14, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.427
- The Convergence Influence of Life Stress, Depression and Ego Resiliency on College Life Adaptation in Nursing Students vol.14, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.259
- A Study on the Relevance between Workers' Job Characteristics and Organizational Effectiveness by Job Stress in Small & Medium Sized Enterprises vol.14, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.207
- The Study on the Mediating Effect of Resilience in the Relationship between Post-traumatic Stress and Mental Health of Social Worker who Experienced Traumatic Event vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.545
- Exploring synergistic effect among essential oils in antibacterial action vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.547
- Effect of Verbal Abuse Experience, Coping Style and Resilience on Emotional Response and Stress During Clinical Practicum among Nursing Students vol.14, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.391