- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Oral health characteristics of the multicultural international marriage women in Gimcheon, Gyeongbuk, Korea
다문화 결혼이주여성의 구강건강 관련 특성에 관한 연구 : 경북 김천시를 중심으로
- Lee, Jong-Hwa (Department of Dental Laboratory Technology, Gimcheon Universit) ;
- Nam, In-Suk (Department of Dental Hygiene, Gumi University) ;
- Jun, Mae-Sook (Gimcheon Health Center) ;
- Yun, Hyun-Kyung (Department of Dental Hygiene, Andong Science College)
- Received : 2015.07.31
- Accepted : 2015.10.02
- Published : 2015.10.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study is to investigate the oral health characteristics of the multicultural international marriage women in Gimcheon, Gyeongbuk in Korea. Methods: The subjects were 73 multicultural international marriage women in Gimcheon, Gyeongbuk in Korea. The study methods consisted of direct interview with the subjects and oral examination through dental mirror and head lamp by one dentist and two dental hygienists. The questionnaire included the use of medical services, oral health education experience, subjective oral health awareness, toothbrushing, and sociodemographical characteristics of the subjects. Results: There were significant correlations between the subjective oral health awareness, oral health behavior and DMFT index. The subjective oral health awareness significantly changed after the international marriage in Korea. The recognition of subjective oral health status significantly improved after the oral health education by the dentist and the dental hygienist. Conclusions: The subjective oral health status of the international marriage women improved significantly after immigration into Korea. Therefore, Korean government should try to provide the better medical services to the international marriage women and protect their human rights as Korean immigrants on the basis of the Law.
Supported by : 김천대학교
- Kang SJ, Sohn SM. A case study on the marital satisfaction and child-rearing perception of four international marriage migrant women with infants. J Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education 2011; 16(6): 161-88.
- Cho H, Ko ZK. Improvements of the relevant act for working of the marriage immigrants' family in Korea. J Digital Policy and Management 2013; 11(8): 251-63.
- Statistical tables. multicultural families nationwide survey. Daejeon: Statistics Korea; 2014.
- Lee HH. A phenomenological study on the meaning of economic life of marriage immigrant women. J Korea Society of Computer and Information 2013; 18(12): 149-57. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2013.18.12.149
- Kweon GY, Park KW. A study on influence factors to the mental health of foreign wives. Soc Research 2007; 14(2): 187-219.
- Bae KH, Kim SJ. Moderating effect of social capital in regards to the influence that family income and job status have on the level of satisfaction with family relationships among married immigrant women. Korean Acad Soc Welfare 2012; 64(3): 5-27.
- Kim DH, Lee KE. The study on path analysis for parenting efficacy of married immigrant women at multi-culture family. Korea Association of Family Relations 2009; 14(2): 77-98.
- Park HS, Bae KE, Kim DH, Yoon AR. Health status of married immigrant women in Busan. J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs 2008; 15(1): 80-8.
- Ahn YH. Development and testing of a health education program for immigrant women married to Koreans. J Korea Acad Pub Heal Nurs 2008; 22(2): 200-10.
- Choi MS, Kim HG, Choi GY. Study of oral health knowledge, management and attitude change after health education program designed for marriage immigrant women. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(4): 569-79. https://doi.org/10.13065/iksdh.2013.13.4.569
- Park MS. Educational needs in the provision of oral care by nursing staff in long-term care facility for elderly people. J Korean Gerontol Nurs 2010; 12(1): 72-80.
- Lee HO, Yang CH, Kim J, Kim YI. Domestic disabled people's use of dental service institutes and their oral health related quality of life. J Dent Hyg Sci 2009; 9(5): 593-600.
- Cho KS, Lee SY, Jang JH. A comparative study on characteristics related to oral health of multicultural family via Korean women - with focused on Asan-si. J Korean Association for Comparative Government 2012; 16(1): 323-40. https://doi.org/10.18397/kcgr.2012.16.1.323
- Yun HK, Choi GY. Factors affecting the oral health behavior of immigrant women in a multi-cultural family. J Korea Cont Assoc 2012; 12(3): 268-75. http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.03.268. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.03.268
- Jeon ES, Jin HJ, Choi SL, Jang BJ, Jeong SY, Song KB, et al. Oral health status in women of Korean multicultural families. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2009; 33(3): 499-509.
- Cho WS, Chun JH, Choi MS, Lee JH, Lee HM, Yi JH, et al. Oral healthcare related characteristics of international marriage migrant women in Gyungsangnam-Do. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2011; 35(4): 432-40.
- Nam IS, Lee KS, Jang EJ. Related factors to dental care utilization and oral health status in immigrant workers in Korea. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15(1): 19-29. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.19. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.19
- Lim KO, Choi JH. Survey on oral health behavior and knowledge of middle school students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(2): 241-8.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2009 Immigrant women reproductive health survey. Sejong: Ministry of Health and Welfare; 2009.