- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Satisfaction with instruction medium according to learner attitude and lecture mode in the dental hygiene students
일부 치위생학과 학생들의 학습태도 및 강의형태에 따른 학습매체 만족도 조사
- Received : 2015.08.10
- Accepted : 2015.10.02
- Published : 2015.10.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study was to investigate the satisfaction with instruction medium according to learner attitude and lecture mode in the dental hygiene students. Methods: A web-based self-reported questionnaire was complected by 155 dental hygiene students in Cheonan from May 26 to June 5, 2015. The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects, school adaptation, interest to learn, effort to learn, faculty centered lecture, learner centered lecture, self-directed learning, motivation to learn, characteristics of each subject, and satisfaction with lecture mode. The study was approved by institutional review board (IRB) by Baekseok University. Chi-square test and multivariate logistic regression were used to evaluate the satisfaction to medium of instruction according to explanation factors. Results: The lecture mode, opportunity and motivation to learn, interest to learn and effort to learn were the significant factors to satisfaction with instruction medium. In multivariate logistic regression model, the adjusted odds ratio was 6.28 for the opportunity to learn and 4.87 for the interesting to learn. Conclusions: The satisfaction with instruction medium is the most important factor that decides the lecture mode and learner attitude including opportunity to learn and concern to learn.
ASSURE model (Analyze learners;state objectives;select method;media;and materials;utilize media and materials;require learner participation;evaluate and revise);dental hygiene;instruction medium
- Jeong BM. Education and Pedagogy. Seoul: Baeyoungsa; 1968: 267-311.
- Jeon SY, Yoo HS, Kim ES, Moon YE. The theory and practice of instructional media for early childhood teachers. Seoul: Changjisa; 2000: 11-30.
- Corey SM. The nature of instruction. Programed Instruction. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press; 1971: 5-27.
- Bower GH, Hilgard ER. Theories of learning. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall; 1981: 11.
- Lee KW, Kim SD. A study on the condition of experiential learning for learner-centered curriculum operation. KAEMS 2004; 16: 1-28.
- Bae SH, Park JS. The recognition of achievement and importance of nursing program outcome among nursing students. J Korean academic soc nurs educ 2013; 19: 203-14. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.203
- Lee JM, Yoon SI. The effects of learners' motivation, teaching presence, learning flow on learning outcomes in cyber university. Asian J Educ 2011; 12: 141-66. https://doi.org/10.15753/aje.2011.12.1.007
- Ewell P. Assessment: What's it all about? Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning 1985; 17: 32-6. https://doi.org/10.1080/00091383.1985.9940559
- Rhee BS, Choi JY. Examining factors related to college students' learning outcomes: focusing effects of college. J Educ Admin 2008; 27: 199-222.
- Watson P. The role and integration of learning outcomes into the educational process. Active learning in high. Education 2002; 3: 205-19. https://doi.org/10.1177/1469787402003003002
- Seong TJ, Kang DJ, Kang IC, Kwack DJ, Kim KH, Kim CK, et al. Introduction to education. 2nd ed. Seoul: Hakjisa; 2013: 305-31.
- Jung JH. Selection, Use and design realization of the instructional media-on the technology area of practical arts. J Korean Pract Arts Educ 2002; 15: 43-63.
- Heinich R, Molenda MR, Russell JJ, Smaldino S. Instructional media and technologies for learning. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall; 1999: 32-3.
- Woo MH. Instructional media selection and utilization based on ASSURE model - focusing on computer courseware [Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Konkuk, 2009.
- Rim HM, Choi I. A Case study on the effect of designing instruction according to the ASSURE model to mathematics teacher's TPACK and teaching efficacy. Res Math Educ 2012; 22: 179-202.
- Choi S, Kang K, Ko I. The impacts of media richness, media usefulness, and media experience on the leaner's satisfaction with e-learning systems. JITAM 2007; 14: 27-47.
- Lee SJ. The Effect of Flow on Learning and self-efficacy on college adaptation and academic achievement in undergraduate students. KJEP 2011; 25: 235-53.
- Cho Y, Kim Y, Ahn G. An analysis of pre-dental hygiene curriculum of dental hygiene programs in USA and in Canada. J Dent Hyg Sci 2006; 6: 41-5.
- Kim EG, Lim SH, Kwon MY, Choi YY, Han JH. Analysis of Tasks and Education Needs for Dental Hygienist for Development of Dental Hygiene Curriculum. J Dent Hyg Sci 2014; 14: 35-42.
- Cho YS. comparison of Curriculums of Dental Hygiene Education Programs for B.S Degree. J Dent Hyg Sci 2005; 4: 251-8.
- Choi DS, Kim SH, Kim JS. A comparative analysis of competencies in American dental education association and american dental hygiene schools. J Korea Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15: 547-53. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.547. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.547
- Cho MS, Kim CS. The relationship between the satisfaction levels of education and clinical practice in the dental hygiene students. J Korea Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 145: 649-57. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.649. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.649
Supported by : 백석대학교