- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Influence of organizational communication satisfaction on job satisfaction, organizational commitment, and turnover intention : Focused on the mediated effects of interpersonal stress
치과위생사의 조직 커뮤니케이션 만족이 직무만족, 조직몰입, 이직의도에 미치는 영향: 대인관계 스트레스 매개효과를 중심으로
Park, Young-Nam;Choi, Yong-Keum;Ryu, Da-Young
- Received : 2015.06.15
- Accepted : 2015.10.02
- Published : 2015.10.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study was to investigate the influence of organizational communication satisfaction on the job satisfaction, organizational commitment, and turnover intention in the dental hygienists. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 227 dental hygienists in Chungnam. The questionnaire consisted of 4 questions of general characteristics of the subjects, 8 questions of interpersonal stress, 12 questions of organizational communication satisfaction, 5 questions of job satisfaction, 5 questions of organizational commitment, and 5 questions of turnover intention. The four variables were measured by Likert 7 point scale. Data were analyzed using SPSS version 18.0 for frequency analysis, t test, one way ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient, and stepwise regression analysis. Sobel test was used to verify the mediating effects. Results: The interpersonal stress was proportional to turnover intention and inversely proportional to the organizational communication satisfaction, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment(p<0.01). The organizational communication satisfaction was proportional to the job satisfaction and organizational commitment, and inversely proportional to turnover intention(p<0.01). The interpersonal stress had a meditating effect between organizational communication satisfaction, and job satisfaction. It also gave the mediating effect between organizational communication satisfaction and organizational commitment. Conclusions: The effective organization management system can enhance the job satisfaction, organizational commitment, and turnover intention reduction in the dental hygienists.
interpersonal stress;job satisfaction;organizational commitment;organizational communication satisfaction;turnover intention
- Lee NH. The influence of nurses' organizational communication on organizational commitment and turnover intention[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Transportation, 2013.
- Lee KJ. Communication problems and solutions at the health care facilities. Health Communication, 2006; 1(1): 33-45.
- Kang JO, Kim JH, Hwang JM, Kwon HJ, Seong JM, Lee SK, et al. Recognition about communication of dental personnels in dental clinics and hospitals in the capital. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2010; 34(3): 318-26.
- Lee JH, Choi JM. A study on the relationship between patient's medical communication, reliance and satisfaction to dental hygienist. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12(5): 1017-27. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.5.1017
- Lee SS, Shim HN, Kim DA. Impact of dental hygienist communication style on patient satisfaction. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2013; 15(3): 209-18.
- Lee SK, Hwang KS, Park YD, Beom KC. The relationship between factors influencing smooth communication among detal workers. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2011; 35(1): 85-92.
- Lee SK, Seong JM. Research about communication of dental medical workers. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg 2013: 14(3): 161-8.
- Yu EY, Chang BH, Nan SH. A study on the effects of organizational communication satisfaction on job satisfaction, organizational commitment, customer orientation: focusing on university emplyees. Speech & Communication 2009; 12: 68-105.
- Park JH. Organizational communication satisfaction and job satisfaction for nurses in hospital Setting[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Ewha womans, 2002.
- Kim SY, Lee GY, Baek SS. Influence of job characteristics and organizational communication on the job satisfaction of hospital nurses. Health & Med Soc 2013; 33: 135-60.
- Han SY, Lee YM. The effect of emotional intelligence on organization communication satisfaction and job satisfaction. J Korean Acad-Indu Coop Soc 2011; 12(12): 5493-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.12.5493. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.12.5493
- Ban YR. The effect of communication satisfaction and job satisfaction on the nursing performance of hospital nurses[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Chungang, 2008.
- Jung KH, Park DY, Lee SY. A study of relationships between organizational communication satisfaction and organizational conflict among nurses. Korean J Health Serv Manag 2012; 6(4): 165-76.
- Jang HS. Effect of communication satisfaction in relationship between job stress and job satisfaction among nurses in hospital[Master's thesis]. Kongju: Univ. of Kongju, 2009.
- Kim HY, Choi JO, Seong MG. The effect of self-efficacy and job satisfaction of dental hygienists on the organizational commitment and turnover intention. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12(1): 213-23. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.1.213
- Ahn YS, Shin SJ, Jung SH, Lee YS, Lim DS. Comparison of job description and turnover trend among dental hygienists and assistant nurses in detnal clinics. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2006; 30(3): 303-15.
- Yoon MS, Lee KH, Choi MS. A study on the turnover intention and job satisfaction of dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 2006; 6(3): 147-52.
- Go EJ, Cho YH, Yoon HS. Relative factors intent to leave for dental hygienists. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Edu 2009; 9(4): 644-58.
- Choi HN, Lee JW, Cho YS. Factors associated with turnover intention of public health detal hygienist. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(3): 343-51.
- Ju OJ, Kim KS, Lee HO. Analysis of the correlation of job satisfaction to turnover among dental hygienists in the region of J. J Dent Hyg Sci 2007; 7(4): 251-6.
- Jung JO, Song KW. A study on job stress and job satisfaction of dental hygienists working in dental clinics. J Dent Hyg Sci 2008; 8(4): 305-12.
- Yeon SK. The effects of communication satisfaction in an organization on the organizational Effectiveness: focused on the effects of interpersonal relationship stress[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Chungang, 2012.
- Hong SM, Kim HK, Ahn YS. A study on the occupational stress, health status and somatization for dental hygienist. J Dent Hyg Sci 2009; 9(3): 295-302.
- Song KH, Kim YJ. A study on the job satisfaction and turnover intention of dental hygienists and nursing aids. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg 2013; 15(1): 1-11.
- Lee SM, Choi WJ, Han GS, Kim CH. Influencing factors of turnover intention of dental hygienists using by the path analysis. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(6): 941-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.941. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.941
- Impact of nurses' perceptions of work environment and communication satisfaction on their intention to quit pp.13227114, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1111/ijn.12596