- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
DL-LEACH: Hierarchical Dual-Hop Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Network
DL-LEACH : 무선 센서 네트워크를 위한 계층형 멀티 홉 라우팅 프로토콜
- Received : 2015.09.08
- Accepted : 2015.10.09
- Published : 2015.10.31
This paper proposes to increase the node energy effienciecy, which rapidly drops during the transmission of LEACH (Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierachy), using the method of DL-LEACH (Dual-hop Layered LEACH). By introducing dual-hop method in the data transmission, the proposed single-hop method for short-range transmission and multi-hop transmission method between the cluster heads for remote transmission was introduce. By introducing a partial multi-hop method in the data transmission, a single-hop method for short range transmission method between the cluster heads for remote transmission was introduces. In the proposed DL-LEACH, the energy consumption of cluster head for remote transmission reduces and increases the energy efficiency of sensor node by reducing the transmission distance and simplifying the transmission routine for short-range transmission. As compared the general LEACH, it was adapted to a wider sensor field.
- S. Mahfuz and F. Yesmin, An Approach To Wireless Nano Sensing Network Routing Protocol Based On Energy And Lifetime, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC & TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH VOLUME 3, pp. 127-130, 2014
- J. Al-Karaki and A. Kamal, Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey, IEEE Wireless Communications, Vol. 11, pp.6-28, 2004
- W.B. Heinzelman and A. Chandrakasan and H. Balakrishnan, Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks, Proceedings of the 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2000
- Q. Liao and H. Zhu An Energy Balanced Clustering Algorithm Based on LEACH Protocol, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (2013), 72-77.
- V. Katiyar and N. Chand and G. C. Gautam and A. Kumar Improvement in LEACH Protocol for Large-scale Wireless Sensor Networks, PROCEEDINGS OF ICETECT, pp. 1070-1075, 2011
- N. Sindhwani and R. Vaid V LEACH: AN ENERGY EFFICIENT COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL FOR WSN, Mechanica Confab, Vol. 2, No. 2, February-March , pp. 79-84, 2013
- J.Y. Lee and K.D. Jung and B.Shrestha and J.S. Lee Energy Efficiency Improvement of the of a Cluster Head Selection for Wireless Sensor Networks, International Journal of Smart Home, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 9-18, 2014.
- W.B. Heinzelman, Application-Specific Protocol Architectures for Wireless Networks, A Doctor's thesis, pp. 57-58, 2000
- C.Weng, C.Chen, C.Ku, A Minimum Transmission Energy Consumption Routing Protocol for User-Centric Wireless Networks, SI International, pp. 1143-1148, 2011