- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Nutritional Assessment and Mineral Content of Wild and Cultured Catfish Silurus asotus
자연산 및 양식산 메기의 미네랄 함량 및 영양평가
- GYE, Hyeon-Jin (National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- SHIM, Kil-Bo (National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- LIM, Chi-Won (National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- SONG, Mi-Young (National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- KIM, Dae-Hee (National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- KIM, Bo-Kyoung (Pukyong National University) ;
- CHO, Young-Je (Pukyong National University)
- 계현진 (국립수산과학원) ;
- 심길보 (국립수산과학원) ;
- 임치원 (국립수산과학원) ;
- 송미영 (국립수산과학원) ;
- 김대희 (국립수산과학원) ;
- 김보경 (부경대학교) ;
- 조영제 (부경대학교)
- Received : 2015.09.11
- Accepted : 2015.10.09
- Published : 2015.10.31
This study was performed to evaluate mineral contents of catfish Silurus asotus. As a result of mineral content, the mean content of the macro mineral was (in descending order): K (310.36-412.66 mg/100 g), P (186.42-223.02 mg/100 g), Na (35.32-57.87 mg/100 g), Mg (22.88-31.87 mg/100 g), Ca (9.05-13.07 mg/100 g). In comparison, the mean content of the micro mineral was (in descending order): Fe (0.26-0.95 mg/100 g), Zn (0.26-1.02 mg/100 g), Cu (ND-0.08 mg/100 g), Mn (0.01-0.03 mg/100 g). A proportion of mineral intakes with the dietary reference intakes for Koreans (KDRIs) set by the Korean Nutrition Society. Nutrient uptake proportion of mineral intakes was (in descending order): P (62.16%), K (20.71%), Mg (16.82%), Fe (13.02%), Zn (11.38%) Cu (10.94%), Na (6.59%), Ca (3.09%), Mn (0.96%). The mineral content was compared with the major protein food sources according to the Korea Health Statistics (2013) such as polished rice, pork, chicken, beef, eggs and milk. The calcium content contains; lower level of milk and eggs, chicken whereas higher levels of rice, pork and beef. Catfish has less iron content than major protein food source. Phosphorus and potassium contain higher level of major protein food sources.
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Allern LIndsay H.(1982). Calcium bioavailability and absorption: a review. J Clin Nutr 35(4), 783-808.
- Choe, Jeon-Sook . Kwon, Sung-Ok and Paik, Hee-Young (1984). Nutritional status and related factors of residents aged over 50 in Lomgevity Areas - II. Effects of dietary factors on bone ultrasound measurements in aged men. Journal of Nutrition and Health 37(9), 171-183.
- Ha, Bong-Suk and Kang, Dong-Su(1990). Studies on the lipid of aquatic products (Part 5)-Comparison of flesh lipid composition of some fresh water fishes, mandarinfish, Korean perch, cornetfish and catfish, J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 19(4), 291-300.
- Heo, Il-Yeop(2003). Method for manufacturing alkaline mineral drinks utilizing of bones of animal or marine products and shell. Korean patent No. 10-0380011-0000.
- Kim, Kyung-Sam and Lee, Eng-Ho(1986). Food components of wild and cultured fresh water fishes, Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 19(3), 195-211.
- Korean Nutrition Society (2010). Dietary reference intake for Koreans. The Korean Nutrition Society. KNS, Korea 335-497.
- Kim, Young-Kil and Lee Keun-Kwang(1993). Studies on disease of catfish (Silurus asotus) in Korea. J. Fish. Pathol 6(1), 1-10.
- Kim, Young-Moung . Byun, Ji-Young . Namgung Ba e Jo, Jin-ho Do, Jung-Ryong and In, Jae-Pyeong (2007). Studies on functional salt fortified with seaweed components. Kor J food Sci. Technol 39(2), 152-157.
- Lee, Hee-Chan(2009). Estimating volumes and expenditures of inland water fish consumption, The Journal of Fisheries Business Administration 40(1), 75-96.
- Lee, Hyun-Ju(2007). Research on weaning diet using internal fishery product. M. S. Thesis, University of Yousei, Seoul, Korea.
- Mamoru Sato . Reiji Yoshinaka . Yoshihiro Nishinaka . Haruyuki Morimoto . Tomoko Kojima . Yoshikazu Yamamoto and Shizunori Ikeda(1986). Comparison of nutritive components in meat of wild and cultured bastard halibut Paralichthys olivaceus, Japanese Society of Fisheries Science, Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 52(6), 1043-1047. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.52.1043
- MFDS(Ministry of Food and Drug Safety). 2014. Food Code. Korea.
- Korean Ministry of Health & Welfare(2013). National Health and Nutrition Survey Database. MOHW, Korea.
- Rural Development Administration(2011). Food composition table 8th revision. Kwangmundang press, Seoul, Korea.
- Shin, Kyung-Nam . Lee, Hye-Sang and Kwon, Chong-Suk(2011). Effects of nutrition education in type 2 diabetes mellitus on diabetes control and blood antioxidant status. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40(5), 689-695. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.5.689
- Sung, Nak-Ju and Shim, Ki-Hwan(1981). Studies on the Food from Fresh Water Fish(II) : The Taste Compounds in Meat of Curcian Carp, Skate-Fish, Snake Head and Loaches. Journal of nutrition and health 14(2), 80-86.
- Yang, Seung-Taek and Lee, Eung-Ho(1983). Taste compounds of fresh-water fishes 6. Taste compounds of Korean catfish meat. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 16(3), 202-210.