- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Economic Feasibility of Energy Storage System connected with Solar /Wind Power Generation
태양광/풍력 연계 기반의 ESS 경제성 분석
- Lee, Yong Bong (Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jeong Ho (Graduate School of Information & Communications, Hanbat National Univ.)
- Received : 2015.05.12
- Accepted : 2015.08.28
- Published : 2015.09.30
Currently, the government is encouraging the introduction of energy storage system to reduce carbon emissions and peak power demand. The government is planning the cumulative capacity of ESS of 2GW in 2020. By utilizing charge and discharge of the ESS, it is possible to sell the surplus power to utility and electricity market. This paper suggests the model that economic feasibility of energy storage system for planning the construction of power generation facilities in 2035. Our results of simulation indicate the energy storage plan of utility for constructing renewable energy facilities is need to incentives from the government to encourage power utilities and expansion of ESS.
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy, The 6th Basic Plan of Long-Term Electricity Supply and Demand, 2013.
- Mnistry of Trade, Industry and Energy, Operation Guildline of Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard, 2014.
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, The Plan of propagation for Large scale Energy Storage System, 2012.
- Kim Yeong-Hwan, Kim Se-Ho, "Increasing Effect Analysis of the Wind Power Limit Using Energy Storage System in Jeju-Korea", Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, 2014. 34(1) p81-88. https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2014.34.1.081
- Kim Hyeong Taek, Myeong Ho-San, Kim Se-Ho, "A study on the maximum penetration limit of wind power considering output limit of WTGs", Journal of the Korean
- Hyung-joon Park, Chan-soo Chung, "Economic Analysis of High-Efficiency Production Facilities using Capital Recovery Factor." Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society Journal of the Korean institute of illuminating and electrical installation engineers, 21(7),(2007), pp. 117-123.
- Seung-jae Lee, Seung-seob Euh, Seung-Hoon Yoo, "Estimation of city gas demand function using time series data"Journal of Energy Engineering, (2013), 22(4), pp370-375. https://doi.org/10.5855/ENERGY.2013.22.4.370
- 하정우, 김수덕. 대관령 풍력단지의 풍력발전량 및 경제성 분석. 에너지공학, 2005, 14(2), pp123-132.
- Jeong-woo Ha, Suduk Kim, "A Study on the Wind Power Generation and Its Economic Feasibility at Daekwanryung", Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 123-132 (2005)