- Volume 23 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Influence in the Management Performance by the Airport Safety Management System
공항 안전관리시스템이 경영성과에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.08.13
- Accepted : 2015.09.22
- Published : 2015.09.30
In this article, we verify to influence in the management performance by the safety management system that is recommended by the ICAO for the safety management on the airside area in the airport. Also, We present a comprehensive mediator effect that the employees perceive safety culture and safety behavior. We design how participants were selected as study the employees from 4 airports on the airside areas of the Incheon International Airport, Gimpo International Airport, Jeju International Airport and Gimhae International Airport in the Korea using the simple random sampling method. The instrument for data collection was a questionnaire, and it was developed. Data analysis was to conduct structural equation modeling. Test of the hypotheses were verified to Maximum Likelihood Estimator. As a result of the analysis, safety behavior and risk management of the safety management system found out that affect management performance. Also, the employees of a high awareness about safety policy could be seen that is a high impact on management performance through a safety culture and a safety behavior. Safety behavior has significant mediator effect within the relationship between the safety management system and management performance. So, We provide guidance of the safety policies for the safety management on the airside area in the airport.
- ICAO, 2001, Annex 14 Aerodromes Vol. 1.
- ICAO, 2013, Annex 19, Safety Management.
- Fernandez-Muniz, B., Montes-Peon. J., Vazquez-Ordas, C. J., 2009, Relation between occupational safety management and firm performance, Safety Science, 47, p.980-991. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2008.10.022
- ICAO, 2013, Safety Management Manual 3rd ed, Doc 9859-AN/474, p.12.
- SRG, 2002, Safety Management Systems for Commercial Air Transport Operations (CAP 712), Operating Standard division, Safety Regulation Group, CAA, Chap.1, p.2.
- Hammer, W., Price, D., 2001, Occupational Safety Management System and Engineering, fifth ed, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
- ICAO, 2009, Safety Management Manual 2nd ed, Doc 9859-AN/474.
- Cooper, M. D., 2000, Towards a Model of Safety Culture, Safety Science, 36, pp.111-136. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-7535(00)00035-7
- HSE, 1997, Successful health and safety management, HSG65, HSE books, London.
- Antonsen, S., 2009, Safety Culture : Theory, Method and Improvement, Farnham and Burlington: Ashgate.
- Gill, G. K., Shergill, G. S., 2004, Perceptions of safety management and safety culture in the aviation industry in New Zealand. Journal of Air Transport Management, 10, pp.231-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2004.02.002
- Fernandez-Muniz, B., Montes-Peon. J., and Vazquez-Ordas, C. J., 2009, Relation between occupational safety management and firm performance, Safety Science, 47, pp.980-991. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2008.10.022
- Hsu, Y. L., Li, W. C., and Chen, K. W., 2010, Structuring critical success factors of airline Safet Management System using a hybrid model. Transport. Res. Part E 46, pp.222-235. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2009.08.005
- 인천국제공항공사, 2013 공항안전관리시스템(SMS) 매뉴얼.
- 한국공항공사, 2014 공항안전관리시스템(SMS) 매뉴얼.
- Fisher, C. J., and Alford, R. J., 2000, Consulting on Culture: A New Bottom-Line. Consulting Psychology Journal, 52(3), pp.206-217. https://doi.org/10.1037/1061-4087.52.3.206
- 한현정, 2010, 기업문화 유형이 재무성과에 미치는 영향, 경기대학교 대학원 박사학위 논문.
- 진광영, 2013, 경영전략이 조직문화와 경영성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구: 중소제조기업을 중심으로, 경희대학교 경영대학원 석사학위 논문.
- Stranks, J., 1994, Management Systems for Safety. Financial Times Pittman Publishing, London.
- Mossink, J., 2002, Inventory of Socioeconomics Costs of Work Accidents, European Agency for Safety and Health at Work, Luxembourg.
- 권희봉, 2002, 기업의 안전성과와 경영성과 관계에 대한 회귀분석 연구, 인하대학교 대학원 박사학위 논문.
- 이신원, 2012, 해운기업의 안전관리시스템핵심요인이 경영성과에 미치는 영향, 한국해양대학교 대학원 석사학위 논문.
- Bottani, E., Monica, L., and Vignali, G., 2009, Safety management system: Performance differences between adopters and non-adopters, Safety Science, 47, p.155-162. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2008.05.001
- Zacharator, A., Barling, J., and Iverson, R. D., 2005, High-performance work system and occupational safety, Journal of Applied Psychology, 7(2), p.122-136.
- Remawi, H., Bates, P., and Ian Dix., 2011, The relationship between the implementation of a SMS and the attitudes of employees towards unsafe acts in aviation, Safety Science, 49, pp.625-632. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2010.09.014
- Chen C. F., and Chen S. C., 2014, Measuring the Effects of Safety Management System Practices, Morality Leadership and Self-Efficacy on Pilots' Safety Behaviors: Safety Motivation as a Mediator, Safety Science, 62, pp.376-385. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2013.09.013
- Watcher J. K., and Yorio P. L., 2013, A System of Safety Management Practices and Worker Engagement for Reducing and Preventing Accidents: An Empirical and Theoretical Investigation, Accident Analysis and Prevention, (7), pp.157-163.
- 조성환, 김기웅, 박성식, 2014, 항공사 안전관리시스템에 대한 조종사의 인식과 안전행동에 대한 연구, 한국항공운항학회, 22(2), pp.60-66. https://doi.org/10.12985/ksaa.2014.22.2.060
- Reason, J., 1994, Human Error, Ashgate publishing Ltd, UK.
- Neal, A., and Griffin, M. A., 2006, A study of the lagged relationship among safety climate, safety motivation, safety behavior, and accident at the individual and group level, Journal of Applied Psychology, 91, pp.946-953. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.91.4.946
- Fisher, R., 2012, Integrating Human Performance Concepts Into Processes, Procedures, and Analysis, In: HP Summit, March 13-14, Cleveland, Ohio.
- McDonald, N., Corrigan, S., Daly, C., and Cromie, S., 2000, Safety management systems and safety culture in aircraft maintenance organisations, Saf, Sci, 34, pp. 151-176. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-7535(00)00011-4
- Vinodkumar, M. N., and Bhasi, M., 2010, Safety management practices and safety behaviour: Assessing the mediating role of safety knowledge and motivation, Accident Analysis and Prevention, 42, 2082-2093. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2010.06.021
- O'leary-Kelly, S. W., and Vokurk, 1998, The Empirical Assessment of Construct Validity, Journal of Operations Management, Vol 16, pp.387-405. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-6963(98)00020-5
- Churchill, Gilbert A. Jr., 1979, A paradigm for Developing Better Measurees of Marketing Constructs, Journal of Marketing Research, 16(February), pp.64-73. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150876
- DeVellis, R. F., 2003, Scale development: Theory and applications, Sage Publications, London.
- Cronbach, L. J., 1951, Coefficient Alpha and the Internal Structure of Tests, Psychometrika, Vol 16, pp.297-334. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02310555
- Lynch, R. L. and K. F. Cross, 1999, Do Financia land Nonfinancial Performance Measures Have To Agree?, Management Accouting, 68(1), 2.
- Kaplan, R. S. and Norton, D. P., 1992, The balanced scorecard: measures that drive performance, Harvard Business Review.
- Tabachnick, B. G. and Fidell, L. S., 2001, Using multivariate satistics (fourth ed.). Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Nunally, J. C., and Bernstein, I. H., 1994, Psychometric Theory 3rd Ed., McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Bollen, K., 1989, Structural Equations with Latent Variables, New York: Wiley.
- Anderson, J. C., and Gerbing, D. W., 1988, Strucfual Equation Modeling in Practice: Review and Recommended Two-step Approach, Psychological Bulletin, Vol 103, pp.441-423.
- Hair, J. F., Black, B. B., Anderson, R. E., and Tatham, R. L., 2006, Multivariate Data Analysis, 6th, upper saddle River, Pearson Prenticehall, New Jersey.
- Arbuckle, J. L., 2009, AMOS 18 User's Guide, SPSS Inc, Crawfordville, Florida.