- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Assessment of Groundwater Contamination Vulnerability and Priority Areas for Groundwater Management Using GIS and Analytic Hierarchy Process
GIS 및 계층분석법을 이용한 지하수 오염 취약성 평가 및 관리 우선 대상 지역 평가
- LEE, Moung-Jin (Korea Adaption Center for Climate Change, Korea Environment Institute) ;
- HYUN, Yun-Jung (Korea Adaption Center for Climate Change, Korea Environment Institute) ;
- HWANG, Sang-Il (Korea Adaption Center for Climate Change, Korea Environment Institute)
- Received : 2015.05.19
- Accepted : 2015.07.13
- Published : 2015.09.30
The purpose of this study is to improve the previous groundwater contamination vulnerability assessment method, apply it to the study area, and select priority areas for groundwater management based on the quantitative analysis of groundwater contamination vulnerability. For this purpose, first, the previous 'potential contamination' based on groundwater contamination vulnerability assessment method was upgraded to the methodology considering 'adaptation capacity' which reduced contamination. Second, the weight of groundwater contamination vulnerability assessment factors was calculated based on the analytical hierarchy process(AHP) and the result of survey targeting groundwater experts. Third, Gyeonggi-do was selected as the study area and the improved methodology and weight were implemented with GIS and actual groundwater contamination vulnerability assessment was carried out. Fourth, the priority area for groundwater contamination management was selected based on the quantitative groundwater contamination vulnerability assessment diagram. The improved detailed groundwater contamination vulnerability assessment factors in this study were a total of 15 factors, and 15 factors were analyzed as new and improved weight with higher 'adaptation capacity' than the assessment factor corresponding to the previous 'potential contamination' in the weight calculation result using AHP. Also, the result of groundwater contamination vulnerability assessment in Gyeonggi Province using GIS showed that Goyang and Gwangmyeong which were adjacent to Seoul had a high groundwater contamination vulnerability and Pocheon and Yangpyeong County had a relatively low groundwater contamination vulnerability. In this study, the previous groundwater contamination vulnerability assessment was improved and applied to study areas actually. The result of this study can be utilized both directly and indirectly for the groundwater management master plan at national and local government level in the future.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Eckhardt, K. and U. Ulbrich. 2003. Potential impacts of climate change on groundwater recharge and streamflow in a central European low mountain range. Journal of Hydrology 284:244-252. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2003.08.005
- Erturk, A., A. Ekdal, M. Gurel, N. Karakaya, C. Guzel and E. Gonenc. 2014. Evaluating the impact of climate change on groundwater resources in a small Mediterranean watershed. Science of the Total Environment 499:437-447. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.07.001
- Gyeonggi-do. 2015. Groundwater Management Plan in Gyeonggi-do, 2015 (경기도. 2015. 경기도 지하수 관리계획).
- Kang, J.E. and M.J. Lee. 2012. Assessment of flood vulnerability to climate change using fuzzy model and GIS in Seoul. Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies 15(3):119-136 (강정은, 이명진.2012. 퍼지모형과 GIS를 활용한 기후변화홍수취약성 평가 -서울시 사례를 중심으로-. 한국지리정보학회지 15(3):119-136). https://doi.org/10.11108/kagis.2012.15.3.119
- Korea Environment Corporation. 2012. Soil and groundwater vulnerability assessment and management plan prepared in 2012 (한국환경공단. 2012. 2012년도 토양지하수 오염 취약성평가 및 관리방안 마련).
- Korea Environment Corporation. 2014. Soil and groundwater vulnerability assessment and management plan prepared in 2014 (한국환경공단. 2014. 2014년도 토양지하수 오염 취약성평가 및 관리방안 마련).
- Lee, M.J. and J.E. Kang. 2012. Predictive flooded area susceptibility and verification using GIS and frequency ratio. Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies 15(2):86-102 (이명진, 강정은. 2012. 빈도비 모델과 GIS을 이용한 침수 취약 지역예측 기법 개발 및 검증. 한국지리정보학회지 15(2):86-102). https://doi.org/10.11108/kagis.2012.15.2.086
- Lee, M.J. and J.H. Lee. 2011. Coupled model development between groundwater recharge quantity and climate change using GIS. Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies 14(3):36-51 (이명진, 이정호.2011. GIS를 이용한 기후변화 연동 지하수 함양량 산정 모델 개발 및 검증. 한국지리정보학회지 14(3):36-51). https://doi.org/10.11108/kagis.2011.14.3.036
- Lee, M.J., J.H. Lee, S.W. Jeon and H.J. Houng. 2010. Review of policy direction and coupled model development between groundwater recharge quantity and climate change. Journal of Environmental Policy 9(2):157-184 (이명진, 이정호, 전성우, 홍현정. 2010. 기후변화 연동 지하수 함양량 산정 모델 개발 및정책방향 고찰. 환경정책연구 9(2):157-184) https://doi.org/10.17330/joep.9.2.201006.157
- Lee, M.J., Y.J. Hyun, Y.J. Kim and S.I. Hwang. 2013. Priority assessment for groundwater contamination management using analytic hierarchy process (AHP) and GIS Approach. The Journal of Korean Society of Soil and Groundwater Environment 18(5):26-38 (이명진, 현윤정, 김영주, 황상일. 2013. 계층분석법(AHP)과 GIS를 이용한 고양시 일대의 지하수오염 관리우선순위 평가. 지하수토양환경18(5):26-38).
- Liu, H.H. 2011. Impact of climate change on groundwater recharge in dry areas: an ecohydrology approach. Journal of Hydrology 407:175-183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2011.07.024
- Woo, N.C. 2013. Climate change and groundwater sustainability in Korea for next decade. The Journal of Korean Society of Soil and Groundwater Environment 18(1):1-5 (우남칠. 2013.기후변화와 국내 지하수자원의 지속가능성-다음 10년을 위해서. 지하수토양환경18(1):1-5).